Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from gtfc98
What do we think for saturday now?

532/352

Macca

Pollock       Waterfall       Ohman      
Wright                                                              Hewitt/Scannell
                                     Rose

Tilley/Hewitt            Williams

Green               Sisy/Jr/Gibson

Bench
Russell/Battersby
Jr/Sisy/Gibson
Mohsni
Jr/Sisy/Gibson
Hewitt/Scannell/Tilley
Hope
Starbuck

Wright at wingback/winger Olly experimented with this last season and I thought he did well in that role. Left back is down to if Scannell is fit enough to do the same role as Wright otherwise Hewitt. Back 3 speaks for itself I don't think Mohsni is fit enough yet is he?

Midfield 3 I think we'll see Rose start with Williams and then the other position will be decided on who's one of the Winger/backs and how many holding midfielders we want.

Strikers, with Hanson injured we're left with Green and one of the new young lads.

As for my bench thinking maybe we'll see a suprise appearance from Battersby instead of Russell, but apart from that the two youth players and Mohsni and those that don't make it into the starting 11

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 79
prestonmariner
September 2, 2020, 8:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gtfc98
What do we think for saturday now?

As much as Ollie wants to play 3-5-2 with wing backs, i don't think we have the players, or have the players fit for that yet.

I think we'll see a 4-3-3 set up similar to like we did in the Clee friendly. Think we'll treat it as a pre-season game, and rightly so, and i think he won't be afraid to chuck a few of the younger lads in from the start.

Macca
Hewitt Waterfall Pollock Hope
Williams Painter Rose
Wright Green Scannell

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 79
pontoonlew
September 2, 2020, 8:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Looking at these lineups it’s becoming more obvious that we need a proven striker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 79
Poojah
September 2, 2020, 8:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from pontoonlew
Looking at these lineups it’s becoming more obvious that we need a proven striker.

My thoughts exactly. Who knows what the three young lads will bring to the party (they could yet turn out to be phenomenal, who knows), but the complexion of our attacking options would look so much better with the addition of a proven goalscorer at this level.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 79
gtfc98
September 2, 2020, 8:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from prestonmariner

As much as Ollie wants to play 3-5-2 with wing backs, i don't think we have the players, or have the players fit for that yet.

I think we'll see a 4-3-3 set up similar to like we did in the Clee friendly. Think we'll treat it as a pre-season game, and rightly so, and i think he won't be afraid to chuck a few of the younger lads in from the start.

Macca
Hewitt Waterfall Pollock Hope
Williams Painter Rose
Wright Green Scannell

Who's Painter?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 79
Tommy
September 2, 2020, 9:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from prestonmariner

As much as Ollie wants to play 3-5-2 with wing backs,

Does he?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 79
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 2, 2020, 9:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Surprised, given how he played in midfield at Scunny, that Hewitt is not in people’s selections in the centre of midfield with Williams and Rose either side of him. Still not seen enough of Tilley to know his best position but seem to recall at Scunny he replaced Glennon at LWB and did ok.

Three more good signings, particularly another proven frontman, and we should be good to go although I expect we will take time to get settled as a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 79
Poojah
September 2, 2020, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,778
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from gtfc98

Who's Painter?

Cameron Painter. 18 year old midfielder, couldn’t tell you much more than that. I expect we might see some young faces in the early games as the more recently signed senior pros look to gain match fitness.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 79
sonofmadeleymariner
September 2, 2020, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Surprised, given how he played in midfield at Scunny, that Hewitt is not in people’s selections in the centre of midfield with Williams and Rose either side of him. Still not seen enough of Tilley to know his best position but seem to recall at Scunny he replaced Glennon at LWB and did ok.

Three more good signings, particularly another proven frontman, and we should be good to go although I expect we will take time to get settled as a team.

One good game in midfield versus several really bad games in midfeild he had last season I do get it

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Morecambe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.