Posh Harry
September 13, 2020, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,375
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from ginnywings
Denni has a track record of posts such as this. He's entitled to his opinion of course, but his opinion is almost always negative, and usually voiced after a defeat.

This.

Although he has crawled out from under his rock even earlier than normal this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
KingstonMariner
September 13, 2020, 8:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner

Helgalian dialectic     :--    Thesis + Anthesesis = Synethis.

Was that the great man’s sister, Helga? 😉

He does post on here. As does Heisenberg. We’ve got some great thinkers on this board.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Croxton
September 13, 2020, 8:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from pen penfras

Maybe because Waterfall and Pollock got opened up a few times by Morecambe, with Waterfall messing up for the goal, but Ohman and Idehen were solid against Harrogate. Dropping players that play well doesn't really send out the right message to the squad

Take your point re Waterfall to a degree and Ohman did put in a committed performance against Harrogate. Idehen also impressed but could not necessarily have expected to start ahead of Pollock after a full game on Tuesday. Ollie had said he was using the cup games as if they were pre season after all.
My main point was the selection as a whole. As Idehen and Ohman had already played last week then it was clear that they may tire or cramp up. Rose is not as mobile as Harry or Tilley. We lost the game because we ran out of energy and cohesion. Harry and Pollock could have been introduced earlier to shore things up when the game was stretched.
In a squad game with midweek matches it is usual to rotate players. I know Buckley said 'always pick your best players' but they tend to break too easily these days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
promotion plaice
September 13, 2020, 10:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Ollie still has my full support but where are these fantastic signing/s for our level that he made out he could bring here.

I'm still waiting.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
denni266
September 13, 2020, 10:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from Posh Harry

This.

Although he has crawled out from under his rock even earlier than normal this season.

And a very nice rock it is too. i like to pop out and admire it now and again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
rancido
September 13, 2020, 11:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from denni266

And a very nice rock it is too. i like to pop out and admire it now and again

I'd rather you didn't!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
Northbank Mariner
September 14, 2020, 6:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from promotion plaice

Ollie still has my full support but where are these fantastic signing/s for our level that he made out he could bring here.

I'm still waiting.

Scannell is a cut above, I'd say Taylor and Edwards are too, keep Williams fit and he could prove to be an inspired signing, bring the youth players, a la Idehen, through and I'm in the camp of this season we'll see more loaning signings from a higher level rather than players signing on short/long term contracts to protect the finances of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
Garth
September 14, 2020, 12:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm still waiting.

Extra security at Town ground holding gates shut against a mob of top class players desperate to to sign for Ollie lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
CodHead
September 14, 2020, 1:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from denni266
Well for who is classed as a manager with bags of experiance , you showed you left it back home..  I think you need to get your head out the clouds and your finger out your behind . You are at grimsby now  not lording it over prem players. Unless you can say that clifton and pollock where carrying knocks  there was no excuse to not start with them. You sent a young side out and could easy have been slaughtered and that stands at your feet  not the players. You cost us the game not the players , they did there best and was kernackered after 60 mins , Basically half a team of kids asked to play against mainly seasoned pro`s. So far i have seen nothing better than the last crop of managers even the fine words are there that i see through .. And where are all these big named experianced players that was wanting to come and play for you .. yer right  i smell something funny and steamy. Yu cocked up bringing players back too late ,, you cocked up not getting players in earlier . you cocked up penny pinching and losing players to other clubs,, and you cocked up with the team selection yesterday , we expect better from you if you are as good as you think you are .. and if you want to spout like you did before about if we dont like it we are not wanted . swollow this   i have been suporting my team for 60 yrs  and will prob be here for 20 after you have gone and been forgotton about ,, Dont like it  then sort your self out

You make Steve Evans look like Jesus Christ

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
TAGG
September 14, 2020, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from AdamHaddock
He's having to chop and change an unfit squad (largely consisting of new players who haven't played professionally before) in unprecedented circumstances.

Relax

I agree with most of this but I do think he has tried to make a point to the EFL at our expense.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Yesterday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.