Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans allowed in English Football League stadiums
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Fans allowed in English Football League stadiums

This thread currently has 2,966 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
norfuk mariner
September 15, 2020, 3:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed in to stadiums for football matches this weekend as part of trials, according to Sky Sports News.

Wonder how GTFC will take part and if so how will they decide which season ticket holders can get in?

Talks continue about official return 1st October 2020
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 15, 2020, 4:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
needed application in by today, i hope we are one of them!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Hagrid
September 15, 2020, 4:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
just seen that we arent, BP not ready, ridiculous
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
pontoonlew
September 15, 2020, 4:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Fantastic news! Hope we’ve applied
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
pontoonlew
September 15, 2020, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Hagrid
just seen that we arent, BP not ready, ridiculous

I’d like to be shocked but you just knew anything that needed prior planning we’d somehow manage to f*ck up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
pen penfras
September 15, 2020, 4:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Well there can't have been much notice. The club were working towards the first home game in October, which is what the original guidelines were. Then last week it seemed like it was going to go later rather than earlier.

Of course, I'm not surprised that we aren't ready, we never push the boat out. But if the government could just pick a plan and stick with it, it would be nice. I know they're in a tough position, but it's getting ridiculous now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2020, 4:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
It would have been great if our club had been ready - as it would have been great if the Government had shown some foresight. But both together? Come on.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
crusty ole pie
September 15, 2020, 5:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,383
Gold Stars: 66
Think we need to appoint a new stadium manager before we can apply for anything
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
friskneymariner
September 15, 2020, 5:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,156
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters
It would have been great if our club had been ready - as it would have been great if the Government had shown some foresight. But both together? Come on.

It would have been great if the team was ready for the begining of the season.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
moosey_club
September 15, 2020, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from crusty ole pie

??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Croxton
September 15, 2020, 6:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Lots of work still to be done on seat layouts etc and safe access to stands. Can't see many clubs of our size being ready unless they have a modern stadium with wide walkways and multiple turnstiles. I guess getting a safety certificate and Police approval would also take time.
STH'S have to have their new ticket cards sent out and iFollow access codes emailed in time. I suppose they could have emailed a voucher to families and other local post code bubbles even if it was only five hundred. Either way, it was very short notice.

Don't know how Bradford would allocate only 1000 out of 11,000 STH'S. They are in the process of sending out access codes to nullify the £10 charge for home games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Poojah
September 15, 2020, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from friskneymariner

It would have been great if the team was ready for the begining of the season.

Sigh. I miss the days when the only things we forgot were to order the beer and that Michael Jeffrey shouldn't be getting paid to play football for a living.

Simpler times.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 15, 2020, 7:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pen penfras
Well there can't have been much notice. The club were working towards the first home game in October, which is what the original guidelines were. Then last week it seemed like it was going to go later rather than earlier.

Of course, I'm not surprised that we aren't ready, we never push the boat out. But if the government could just pick a plan and stick with it, it would be nice. I know they're in a tough position, but it's getting ridiculous now.

But, some clubs already had 21st century technology in their grounds. We don’t even have a PA system that can be heard correctly.

But, we can’t lay all the blame at the feet of the board. If the club were told one date and were working towards it, then how can the EFL then turn round and amend it? If the case is that the EFL have changed the dates, then surely we would have a case against them for potentially lost revenue

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Morris Minor
September 15, 2020, 7:09pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Typical GTFC.
Last again at doing things. No forward planning.
Other clubs will get revenue from Spectators well before we wake up!.
How hard is it to sit 1,000 fans in 9000 seats.  Errr every 9th seat unless they are together up to 6 !!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
pizzzza
September 15, 2020, 7:21pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Morris Minor
Typical GTFC.
How hard is it to sit 1,000 fans in 9000 seats.  Errr every 9th seat unless they are together up to 6 !!!!!!!!!

Looking at it from Town's POV they already have the revenue from any 1000 that might have been let in. What would be the point of rushing to get the ground ready?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
KingstonMariner
September 15, 2020, 8:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pen penfras

Given that their first choice plan is normally so excrement it’s probably a (relatively) good thing that they change their mind so often.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
MuddyWaters
September 15, 2020, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Given that their first choice plan is normally so excrement it’s probably a (relatively) good thing that they change their mind so often.

Given their first choice plan is normally leaked to the press for public edification whilst its’ author is driving to Barnard Castle for an eye test, there’s no wonder it’s excrement
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
Welwynmariner
September 15, 2020, 9:34pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Morris Minor
Typical GTFC.

I've been going to non-league matches in the last few weeks and it's a lot more complex than that.

Clubs have to have track and trace in place - we've been using a system called Evepass where you scan a QR code on your phone which logs you into a specific match or location (works very well so far).

Away fans have to be able to buy e-tickets when the leagues start (no cash payments). Evidently there will be some scanning system in place at the place we are going to next week. I've printed the tickets out at home whereas Town have always posted a physical ticket to me.

Separate entrances and exits for fans which presumably would need Police approval for league matches. Not sure how that would work with the Osmond stand for example?

Allegedly it's one way walking around the stadium (in practice that seems widely ignored) but there are systems in place with signage.

Social distancing arrangements (generally well observed)

So it's not simply setting a limit and allowing people in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
moosey_club
September 15, 2020, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,300
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Poojah

Sigh. I miss the days when the only things we forgot were to order the beer and that Michael Jeffrey shouldn't be getting paid to play football for a living.

Simpler times.

Haha,  the people never forget.  That beer episode one was a classic , happy days.....err i mean .....
and the "we didnt order the season ticket books in time so we are last in the queue at the printers now"...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
jamesgtfc
September 15, 2020, 11:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Welwynmariner

I've been going to non-league matches in the last few weeks and it's a lot more complex than that.

Clubs have to have track and trace in place - we've been using a system called Evepass where you scan a QR code on your phone which logs you into a specific match or location (works very well so far).

Away fans have to be able to buy e-tickets when the leagues start (no cash payments). Evidently there will be some scanning system in place at the place we are going to next week. I've printed the tickets out at home whereas Town have always posted a physical ticket to me.

Separate entrances and exits for fans which presumably would need Police approval for league matches. Not sure how that would work with the Osmond stand for example?

Allegedly it's one way walking around the stadium (in practice that seems widely ignored) but there are systems in place with signage.

Social distancing arrangements (generally well observed)

So it's not simply setting a limit and allowing people in.

Yes I've been to a few non-league games. Barton was a scanned QR code whilst Worksop was an old man with a pen and paper taking down my name and number once I was in the ground.

I've not paid on the gate at Cleethorpes but I've bought a ticket on Eventbrite which is traceable and I've popped into the Linden Club to buy a ticket. The guy behind the bar tore my ticket off and wrote my name, address and number in the ticket book.

I was told at Cleethorpes last weekend that the police have been to visit both the clubhouse and ground to check it was fine to host events. They were also supposed to be visiting during the game to make sure the rules were being adhered to but I didn't see them.

Given we were working towards October which is over 2 weeks away, I doubt the police have been to visit BP yet. No matter how much work Dave says our directors are doing down at the ground, it's all been done so far with October as a start date.

If we need to hire extra toilets to stage a game then it wouldn't make sense to bring them in and start paying for them when the earliest we have been hoping for is October. Implementing a new ticket system doesn't sound easy but I can't think of a better time to do it than an extended period of not having fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
Iknowyoursecret
September 15, 2020, 11:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from crusty ole pie

And why’s  that then!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans allowed in English Football League stadiums

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.