Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On-line petition for us!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 166 Guests

On-line petition for us!

This thread currently has 4,343 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
October 7, 2020, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from ginnywings

The impetuosity of youth. I'm guessing you're a young man, to whom football is a big part of your life. I love football, but my life is more important.

And with the greatest respect you don’t have to go, you can go back whenever you feel it’s safe to do so.

Unless you’re above the age of 70 the chances of you dying from this are absolutely minuscule, even above that the chances are pretty low.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
October 7, 2020, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pontoonlew

And with the greatest respect you don’t have to go, you can go back whenever you feel it’s safe to do so.

Unless you’re above the age of 70 the chances of you dying from this are absolutely minuscule, even above that the chances are pretty low.

I agree with you but it makes you wonder what the people who are against returning ARE doing with their time? Are they not going anywhere, are they not going to work, shopping, eating out, to the pub, watching grandchildren or children playing sports all of which carries an equal chance of catching the virus than socially distanced at a football match with a much reduced capacity?

It is obviously up to each individual to make their own minds up, but the virus is not even causing as many deaths as a bad 'flu year, and the chances of dying are extremely remote if you were unlucky enough to catch it in the first place.    
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Stadium
October 7, 2020, 8:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

I agree with you but it makes you wonder what the people who are against returning ARE doing with their time? Are they not going anywhere, are they not going to work, shopping, eating out, to the pub, watching grandchildren or children playing sports all of which carries an equal chance of catching the virus than socially distanced at a football match with a much reduced capacity?

It is obviously up to each individual to make their own minds up, but the virus is not even causing as many deaths as a bad 'flu year, and the chances of dying are extremely remote if you were unlucky enough to catch it in the first place.    

https://fullfact.org/health/flu-covid-deaths/

https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-compare-influenza/

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/health/flu-covid-19-deaths-comparison-trnd/index.html

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5933a1.htm

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
pontoonlew
October 7, 2020, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Stadium

Off topic but it makes me laugh how the fact check can say we can’t possibly say more people have been dying from flu as it could’ve been from another underlying issue.

Which is EXACTLY what we’ve been doing with Covid-19
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Humbercod
October 7, 2020, 8:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Signed!! Time to stop pissing about now and let fans back in a controlled way. Obviously the vulnerable would have to think twice, but if we don’t get back short term we might not have a club to go back to long term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
wuffing
October 7, 2020, 8:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Stadium

A report, mainly from that wonderful World Health Organisation, owned by that lovely computer programmer software man, turned expert medical scientific doctor, who very soon will demand to shoot god-knows-what into the worlds unsuspecting veins!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
Stadium
October 7, 2020, 9:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from wuffing

A report, mainly from that wonderful World Health Organisation, owned by that lovely computer programmer software man, turned expert medical scientific doctor, who very soon will demand to shoot god-knows-what into the worlds unsuspecting veins!

Next Wuffing discusses the danger of 5g phone masts.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
KingstonMariner
October 7, 2020, 9:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

The impetuosity of youth. I'm guessing you're a young man, to whom football is a big part of your life. I love football, but my life is more important.

The obvious response is then don’t go.

(I might be impetuous, but I’m no youth 😁)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
KingstonMariner
October 7, 2020, 9:36pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from wuffing

Do you want some more tinfoil? I’ve got a cupboard full. Be great for your hats.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
KingstonMariner
October 7, 2020, 9:37pm
Meths Drinker
Half the problem is when you hear about other events being put on indoors, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, can nicety halls . The sheer bloody inconsistency of the rules.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On-line petition for us!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.