2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Withnail
October 13, 2020, 10:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
While Edwards will get all the plaudits - and rightly so after a near perfect performance - I think it's worth pointing out that our front three all terrified Cheltenham tonight.

Tilley was fantastic first half - constantly looking to take his man on, get past him and then cross or cut inside to look for the shot or a tidy lay off. Delighted he scored, albeit a soft one.

Gibson - yeah I know...he shoulda scored a brace, possibly three but the lad got himself into those positions and at times showed almost telepathic link up play with Tilley and Edwards.

As others have said...I think he'll come good, just as Hearn did.

Remember he's stepped up big time and will be desperate to prove himself. He just needs a bit of composure in front of goal.

Back four and Macca (what a save!) were solid tonight other than a couple of wobbles. Pollock dependable as ever, Hendrie superb and really pleased with Preston who I'd not seen until tonight.

Last but not least...Clifton was a warrior tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
October 13, 2020, 11:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I’m curious what will end up being Ollie’s first X1 as there could be serious competition for places if his signings all come good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
sonofmadeleymariner
October 13, 2020, 11:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Withnail

Gibson - yeah I know...he shoulda scored a brace, possibly three but the lad got himself into those positions and at times showed almost telepathic link up play with Tilley and Edwards.

I think the speed of the game at the higher level is catching him out. Once he get used the leagues speed he'll start finding the net

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Southwark Mariner
October 14, 2020, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
I fear we'll get a few points deducted if we start attacking with Trident. Still, worth risking against Stevenage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
ginnywings
October 14, 2020, 12:08am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Think Gibson just needs to believe he's good enough to score at this level. Probably trying too hard, but he will relax once one or two go in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
KingstonMariner
October 14, 2020, 2:59am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
I fear we'll get a few points deducted if we start attacking with Trident. Still, worth risking against Stevenage.

We’ll Cruise to victory and positively radiate confidence. In fact we’d just radiate.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Croxton
October 14, 2020, 9:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner

We’ll Cruise to victory and positively radiate confidence. In fact we’d just radiate.

Perhaps need to keep Hanson lurking with the subs a little longer. A whole flotilla of options to add to our fleet in Sisay, Jackson, Bennet, Wright etc. It might have been a little insulting to scupper him to the ressies so it was good to see him involved in the squad. Not time for Davy Jones' locker yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Gaffer58
October 14, 2020, 9:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Hope Ollie doesn’t go over the top in his post match interview as we don5 want any “ fallout” later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Kris2
October 14, 2020, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from ginnywings
Think Gibson just needs to believe he's good enough to score at this level. Probably trying too hard, but he will relax once one or two go in.

That was my take on his performance last night. He got in really good positions and did score a goal that was offside, he just needs to relax and let the goals come as he seemed to panic when getting into a goal scoring opportunity. A more experienced L2 striker would have put in a cool finish where he was snapping at the ball, a lot of it seems down to nerves and a desire to prove himself but he has a whole season and just needs to let the performances and goals come.

Encouraging to see how the manager wants us to play against these types of teams, we'd lose to this team in another season because we'd play them at their own game and be bullied out of the ball. Teams have done well in this league employing skilful and pacey attacking players that can run rings around big brute defences that will bully other teams out of games.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
pontoonlew
October 14, 2020, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Thought 2020 had just got a hell of a lot worse for a second
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
Rodley Mariner
October 14, 2020, 10:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Worth remembering that although he missed a couple of very good chances he did absolutely bury that header and can't have been far offside. I like the look of him. We couldn't have played the way we did last night with Green or Hanson on the middle in place of him. Hopefully with Windsor as well we have some real options.

I don't really see us having a first choice XI either. Think he will rotate and rest and pick according to form and opponents. Could be a very interesting season for various different reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
TownSNAFU5
October 14, 2020, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
A fusion of heat and light.  I saw the light but cannot stand the heat.  So have got out of the kitchen.  Left it to the missus.

The energy came from Town’s performance and win last night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
NorthLondonMariner
October 14, 2020, 10:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7

A trident attack on stevenage would make the town a much nicer place. If anything we should get extra points, not a deduction.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Heswall Mariner
October 14, 2020, 1:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +594
Gold Stars: 30
All good strikers have that unique positional sense for goal but still miss more than they score. Gibson will come good once he's off the mark I'm sure.
NB Jackson scored 2 for the reserves v Walsall. - life ain't so bad after all?.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
moosey_club
October 15, 2020, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,302
Gold Stars: 227

Using trident there could cause billions of pounds of improvements.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
KingstonMariner
October 15, 2020, 7:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

A trident attack on stevenage would make the town a much nicer place. If anything we should get extra points, not a deduction.  

That’s awful! How could you make a joke out of something that would cause death, and pain and suffering. To people passing by on the A1.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trident attack

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.