Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Harrogate?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 143 Guests

Team for Harrogate?

This thread currently has 6,018 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 18, 2020, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Who would we expect to play against Harrogate with Ollie rotating the squad?

I assume Hanson will play a part this time and maybe the new lad Gomis.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
October 18, 2020, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Can see the back 5, if fit, as Saturdays.
Midfield, reckon Morton, Spokes and Clifton.
Up front, Gibson and Gomis, Hanson on the the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 18, 2020, 8:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Have a feeling that Scannell, Edwards and Ohman will all start, plus Morton and maybe Hanson and Gibson but at present it’s never going to be the team we expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
ginnywings
October 18, 2020, 8:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Windsor is a must if fit, he's been brilliant. As for the rest? No idea.  

Will be a tough game. Harrogate are full of confidence and playing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Poojah
October 18, 2020, 8:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,774
Gold Stars: 1,515
I don’t know how we compare to other sides in this regard, but we must be pretty tough to scout and prepare for right now. I reckon I could have a stab at predicting Tuesday’s team and still get five or six names wrong, not to mention the formation.

I’d be relatively confident in Macca and Preston starting, and possibly Pollock and Waterfall but beyond that it’s tough to know. There are still a decent number of our more experienced players that we still haven’t seen a great deal of yet - Hanson, Scannell, Bennett, Moshni, plus the new lad Gomis.

Based on what I’ve seen so far, I’d say our ‘best eleven’ probably looks something like this:

Macca
Hendrie - Pollock - Waterfall - Preston
Rose - Williams - Clifton
Edwards - Hanson - Windsor

I don’t know how close we’ve come to that 11 being on the pitch at the same time, but I’d definitely be excited to see that front three at some point. For an opposition centre half, the prospect of having to deal with the trickery and pace of Edwards, the physicality of Hanson and the sheer energy of Windsor must be a quite a prospect.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Swansea_Mariner
October 18, 2020, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,473
Gold Stars: 63
Pure guesses but I would think Tilley, Edwards and Gibson will come back in and possibly Idehen will rotate in for Pollock with Morton for Taylor.

What I'm fairly sure of is that the changes will be down to Ollie resting players rather than any issue with individual performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
headingly_mariner
October 18, 2020, 11:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Poojah
I don’t know how we compare to other sides in this regard, but we must be pretty tough to scout and prepare for right now. I reckon I could have a stab at predicting Tuesday’s team and still get five or six names wrong, not to mention the formation.

I’d be relatively confident in Macca and Preston starting, and possibly Pollock and Waterfall but beyond that it’s tough to know. There are still a decent number of our more experienced players that we still haven’t seen a great deal of yet - Hanson, Scannell, Bennett, Moshni, plus the new lad Gomis.

Based on what I’ve seen so far, I’d say our ‘best eleven’ probably looks something like this:

Macca
Hendrie - Pollock - Waterfall - Preston
Rose - Williams - Clifton
Edwards - Hanson - Windsor

I don’t know how close we’ve come to that 11 being on the pitch at the same time, but I’d definitely be excited to see that front three at some point. For an opposition centre half, the prospect of having to deal with the trickery and pace of Edwards, the physicality of Hanson and the sheer energy of Windsor must be a quite a prospect.

Tilley might get a run at left wing back. Preston has played every game I think.
I know Windsor has stolen the headlines with his great play, but I actually think Preston is the star loanee. He’s going to be a fabulous left back and will clearly play higher up. We’ve had some really good players on loan in that position in recent years. I know people were a bit skeptical about all the kids on loan, but clearly Holloway’s contacts are solid, these kids really strengthen us. Thought Taylor had his best game at Orient after a couple of shaky performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
jamesgtfc
October 18, 2020, 11:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Whenever I've seen Harrogate over the last few years they have been physical, fit and organised. Idehen had Stead in his back pocket during the trophy game so it wouldn't surprise me to see him start instead of Pollock.

If they are physical at the back I think he will go with the mobile lads. Something like:

McKeown
Öhman Idehen Waterfall
Hewitt Rose Spokes Tilley
Jackson Gibson Edwards

Scannell and Gomis to feature from the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
KingstonMariner
October 19, 2020, 12:27am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Tilley might get a run at left wing back. Preston has played every game I think.
I know Windsor has stolen the headlines with his great play, but I actually think Preston is the star loanee. He’s going to be a fabulous left back and will clearly play higher up. We’ve had some really good players on loan in that position in recent years. I know people were a bit skeptical about all the kids on loan, but clearly Holloway’s contacts are solid, these kids really strengthen us. Thought Taylor had his best game at Orient after a couple of shaky performances.

I thought Preston looked a bit at sixes and sevens on Saturday when their sub who scored came on. he seemed to have the beating of Preston.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
Croxton
October 19, 2020, 8:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I thought Preston looked a bit at sixes and sevens on Saturday when their sub who scored came on. he seemed to have the beating of Preston.

And went on to fox both centre halves too before finishing calmly. Jobi McAnuff also caused problems with his balance and trickery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Harrogate?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.