Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2020, 1:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Harry’s getting a bit old got under-21s isn’t he?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Tommy
November 4, 2020, 1:52pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Think we're well covered in midfield with Rose, Williams, Morton, Spokes etc. I even liked the look of Khouri in the first couple of games and think he wouldn't be a bad option to sit alongside the experience of Rose if needed.

Personally, I wouldn't have Hewitt in midfield as i think he's nowhere near good enough in that position. Always looks a bit wooden in there and is not that comfortable on the ball in the hustle & bustle of central midfield. He did ok there against Scunny before lockdown but that was a scrappy derby game where we didnt really try and play any football, all he had to do was battle.

For me he's an understudy to Hendrie for the right-back role. I would've also said he's an option to play RB with Hendrie LB if we need to rest Preston again in the future, but Clifton did such a good job there last night I'd probably lean towards playing HC there next time too, and keeping 3 out of the back 4 unchanged.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
moosey_club
November 4, 2020, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Tommy
Think we're well covered in midfield with Rose, Williams, Morton, Spokes etc. I even liked the look of Khouri in the first couple of games and think he wouldn't be a bad option to sit alongside the experience of Rose if needed.

Personally, I wouldn't have Hewitt in midfield as i think he's nowhere near good enough in that position. Always looks a bit wooden in there and is not that comfortable on the ball in the hustle & bustle of central midfield. He did ok there against Scunny before lockdown but that was a scrappy derby game where we didnt really try and play any football, all he had to do was battle.

For me he's an understudy to Hendrie for the right-back role. I would've also said he's an option to play RB with Hendrie LB if we need to rest Preston again in the future, but Clifton did such a good job there last night I'd probably lean towards playing HC there next time too, and keeping 3 out of the back 4 unchanged.

Well covered with Morton and Spokes.. What have you seen that i havnt ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Tommy
November 4, 2020, 5:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from moosey_club

Well covered with Morton and Spokes.. What have you seen that i havnt ?

I think Morton does a similar job to Taylor. And if anything they're too similar to play together when it's just a central 2 (like they did in the 343 system). Think Taylor has more confidence than Morton though at this stage.

Spokes....well hes only played about 60/70 minutes so I dont think much of us have anything to go by with him just yet.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Gaffer58
November 4, 2020, 5:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Although I congratulate both lads on their call up could this work against us when they’re away on international duty, I believe, but could be wrong, that it’s 3 players called up before a game is suspended. Therefore our games are still on but we are 2 players unavailable, along with any other injuries or suspensions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
pizzzza
November 4, 2020, 5:40pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Harry’s getting a bit old got under-21s isn’t he?

No, it has nothing to do with the player's current age, more to do with his age at the start of the year when the qualifiers began for the tournament being played in.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
KingstonMariner
November 4, 2020, 7:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pizzzza

No, it has nothing to do with the player's current age, more to do with his age at the start of the year when the qualifiers began for the tournament being played in.

So it started last year then as he’s 22 getting on for 23 now

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
HertsGTFC
November 4, 2020, 8:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Really pleased for both the lads, any experience is good experience.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Southwark Mariner
November 5, 2020, 2:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So it started last year then as he’s 22 getting on for 23 now

"the start of the year when the qualifiers began"

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wales call up Clifton and Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.