8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 4, 2020, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Club accounts show he’s bought £500 shares and not £100,000 as stated when he joined.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
November 4, 2020, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
No but it sounds much more believable, did anyone really think he's put in £100,000? He's eccentric but not totally crazy

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Northbank Mariner
November 4, 2020, 9:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
He said he invested £100k into the club, don't think that necessarily would have to be shared?..would it?...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
denni266
November 4, 2020, 9:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
I think there must be other ways to invest in something apart from buying shares
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
ska face
November 4, 2020, 9:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
I wonder if directors loans will be reduced by £100k this year?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
Ipswin
November 4, 2020, 9:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
I wonder if directors loans will be reduced by £100k this year?

Possibly and perhaps it will reappear as 'managers loans'  

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
Tommy
November 4, 2020, 9:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Did he ever say he invested £100k? I don't think he did.

From memory, didnt the 100k figure come from the bristol newspaper? Where they plucked it from I dont know but it wasn't quoted from anyone.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
louth_in_the_south
November 4, 2020, 9:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Must’ve had a massive splurge in the club shop !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
Stadium
November 4, 2020, 9:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from pontoonlew
Club accounts show he’s bought £500 shares and not £100,000 as stated when he joined.

Anyone able to shed light on this?

Sensible chap.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
November 4, 2020, 9:56pm
Guest User
is  Ollie on the board ?? , if so , isnt it a minimum  £50k investment.??????  
Reply: 9 - 76
aldi_01
November 4, 2020, 10:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Surprised this has taken so long to make it on here...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 76
Davec
November 4, 2020, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Wasn't the article on the Bristol post written by Ollie? I remember the article saying something like "and to prove my commitment I have bought 100k worth of shares"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 76
aldi_01
November 4, 2020, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Multiple reports and interviews reference the 100k and he has said he has invested in the club multiple times. You’d imagine when he says investment he means more than the price of a couple of season tickets...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 76
TheRealJohnLewis
November 4, 2020, 10:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
It was reported across various news outlets, and if it was incorrect it should have been corrected by the club, yet it wasn't.

Very cheeky.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 76
TheRealJohnLewis
November 4, 2020, 10:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from aldi_01
Surprised this has taken so long to make it on here...

The confirmation statement has only been on companies house for 2 days!

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 76
jamesgtfc
November 4, 2020, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Don't you have to put up money to make it on the board? I'm sure a couple of other directors have very little shareholdings.

£500 isn't what I call investing in the club but I'm sure when the question gets asked, he will have an answer. Wonder if he's contributed to the playing budget or back office things...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 76
aldi_01
November 4, 2020, 10:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Surely he can’t ‘contribute to the playing budget’ with his own cash.

He’d surely have to just out cash in to the club in some way, and that sum would surely show up on the accounts or at least be identified somewhere...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 76
Poojah
November 4, 2020, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
Havn't looked at the club accounts recently, so not wanting to fuel any frames here, but he did say those things in his own words:

"And to prove our commitment to the challenge I have invested £100,000 to buy shares in the club, which means a place on the board as well as in the hot-seat."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/.....ian-holloway-3700144

I find it hard to believe that it isn't true, as it would be quite a naive thing to say and for the club to sanction it, given the club's accounts are made public. He made a big enough commitment in taking the job and moving to the area without the need to make something like that up, shirley?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 76
Henryscat
November 4, 2020, 10:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Maybe he bought the initial £500 and then topped up after these accounts were made? (Ie it will show on next year’s accounts)

Just a thought.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 76
GollyGTFC
November 4, 2020, 10:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
I imagine it's been delayed by COVID. Firstly it would be quite cheeky to hold him to it when he's taken a 25% pay cut and was placed on furlough at an even lower amount for around 4 months. And then there's the fact that without a bailout the club will go out of business within 4-6 months, so investing a significant amount in a business facing oblivion would be daft. Also, Ian & his wife still haven't sold their house near Bath have they? Ian & Kim are very wealthy but that doesn't mean they have £100,000 readily available in cash. I'm sure when the time is right IH will keep his word.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 76
Kris2
November 4, 2020, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
A lot of people seem to spend much time with their noses in accounts and things they don't fully understand. I've never thought to actually look at this stuff before as it doesn't particularly interest me without a good reason. I'm sure the club will respond to this even thought they totally didn't have to and you'll all feel good because they pay attention to you for 2 minutes.  

In any case is there really a set limit of money you must invest to get on the board? Most of it seems to be filled with friends of Fenty who just offer advice and guidance and apparently don't put any money into the budget. In any case I don't think starting an inquisition right now is worthwhile when most involved don't have an understanding of how investment and money works beyond seeing the numbers in their bank account and ISA.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 76
HertsGTFC
November 4, 2020, 11:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Looks like Ollie has just bought A shares like anyone else.

He’s a director on companies house but that doesn’t require much TBH. You don’t actually have to invest you can get on a board by paying “paper value” for a share.

The most important thing in the accounts will be the total reserves, the rest is pretty much history.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 12:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2
A lot of people seem to spend much time with their noses in accounts and things they don't fully understand. I've never thought to actually look at this stuff before as it doesn't particularly interest me without a good reason. I'm sure the club will respond to this even thought they totally didn't have to and you'll all feel good because they pay attention to you for 2 minutes.  

In any case is there really a set limit of money you must invest to get on the board? Most of it seems to be filled with friends of Fenty who just offer advice and guidance and apparently don't put any money into the budget. In any case I don't think starting an inquisition right now is worthwhile when most involved don't have an understanding of how investment and money works beyond seeing the numbers in their bank account and ISA.

We’re you born a patronising twit or did you have to work hard at it for years?

Just because you have no interest in it, it doesn’t mean to say others have no interest or understanding in a subject.

Asking about Ollie’s supposed investment is a perfectly legitimate question to raise. If someone in a position of influence says something which courts favour then it should be scrutinised. And the fact supporters have an interest in the accounts is far better than fans who just want to see money spent with no thought as to where it comes from or the consequences.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Poojah
Havn't looked at the club accounts recently, so not wanting to fuel any frames here, but he did say those things in his own words:

"And to prove our commitment to the challenge I have invested £100,000 to buy shares in the club, which means a place on the board as well as in the hot-seat."

I find it hard to believe that it isn't true, as it would be quite a naive thing to say and for the club to sanction it, given the club's accounts are made public. He made a big enough commitment in taking the job and moving to the area without the need to make something like that up, shirley?

Don’t call me Shirley 😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 76
aldi_01
November 5, 2020, 6:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

Must be flipping hard being a perfect and patronising girl private all the time...

Makes me wonder if it’s actually you that doesn’t understand the documents...(I’m awaiting an equally patronising retort).

I think it’s quite important at a club like ours that fans take an active interest in this sort of thing. Once more we’ve been peddled false promises and percentage of fans are interested in how their money is spent in order to ensure the club operates.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 76
HertsGTFC
November 5, 2020, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Kris2

To be fair I’m not an accountant but I like I would imagine many other posters on this board understand the principles behind a P&L, balance sheet and accountants statement. I use them most days in my work.

As much as I don’t like the inner cabal that’s the GTFC board having a layer and accountant at the top table is pretty smart thinking by JF. To be fair with IH joining the board we’ve even got a “football man” involved, who of thought it eh?

“Where all Town aren’t we”? So taking an interest in the health and wealth (if only) of the club we follow is a good thing regardless of your level of knowledge & expertise.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 76
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 9:58am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I think it’s entirely reasonable that people want to look at the accounts and also fine to hold an opinion contrary to that too. Different strokes for different folks and all that!

I would urge caution around speculation though as I would imagine there are many explanations that could account for the apparent discrepancy.

Irrespective of the potential rights or wrongs of it all, I do find it odd that there seems to be a narrative to chip away at our gaffer and this it seems is the latest instalment.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 76
ska face
November 5, 2020, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Nobody’s trying to chip away at him, but fans have been told one thing then something else appears to be the case. People are just asking for an explanation, which is fair enough given the amounts raised by fans in recent years.

He might’ve put that money in and it’s gone straight to ground improvements or the youth set up.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 76
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 10:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Nobody’s trying to chip away at him, but fans have been told one thing then something else appears to be the case. People are just asking for an explanation, which is fair enough given the amounts raised by fans in recent years.

He might’ve put that money in and it’s gone straight to ground improvements or the youth set up.

Respectfully I disagree, I do think there are those on here who are chipping away.
As far as asking the question goes, as I said previously its perfectly reasonable to do so. If it transpires that we have been mislead then fair enough take those responsible to task for it. I just think it would be better to judge with facts rather than base it on speculation.

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 76
oochiad
November 5, 2020, 10:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Absolutely, the usuals jumping in with there accusations. Totally unnecessary.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 76
Ipswin
November 5, 2020, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Given that there does appear to be some difference in the stories about Holloway's investment perhaps it would be better to clear it up quickly and in one go with a statement from the horses mouth (he's not normally reticent to make a speech)

It appears he may have made a statement early on which now appears to be possibly incorrect so perhaps he can correct or confirm it now. Job done another lengthy thread put to bed

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
grimsby pete
November 5, 2020, 11:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
I don't think Ollie ever said he was investing 100K in one go or straight away.

Maybe he is investing the said amount over a period of time.

I don't think there is any need for name calling or falling out on here.

Ollie is an honest man and wears his heart on his sleeve what you see is what you get.

It will all come on in the wash.  

Keep the faith.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 11:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from aldi_01

Must be flipping hard being a perfect and patronising girl private all the time...

Makes me wonder if it’s actually you that doesn’t understand the documents...(I’m awaiting an equally patronising retort).

I think it’s quite important at a club like ours that fans take an active interest in this sort of thing. Once more we’ve been peddled false promises and percentage of fans are interested in how their money is spent in order to ensure the club operates.

When this story emerged on Twitter I could almost name the people who would use it as a opportunity to have a go at the club when it hit the Fishy under the premise of " we have a right to know".  Probably asking far to much of them to recognise from the same accounts that the club made a £145k profit which under the present circumstances is a huge positive for the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
arryarryarry
November 5, 2020, 11:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chipsandgravy

When this story emerged on Twitter I could almost name the people who would use it as a opportunity to have a go at the club when it hit the Fishy under the premise of " we have a right to know".  Probably asking far to much of them to recognise from the same accounts that the club made a £145k profit which under the present circumstances is a huge positive for the club.

I'm not sure what we as fans have a right to know but equally we as fans have the right to question whether certain statements from the club or it's employees are true or not.

I have no idea how much IH has invested in the club but if what he has said differs from what he has done it would be unfortunate.

The best way to solve this would be for the club to issue a statement and confirm what is the correct situation.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
pontoonlew
November 5, 2020, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Respectfully I disagree, I do think there are those on here who are chipping away.
As far as asking the question goes, as I said previously its perfectly reasonable to do so. If it transpires that we have been mislead then fair enough take those responsible to task for it. I just think it would be better to judge with facts rather than base it on speculation.

Aye, which is I asked if anybody could shed any light on it, where on this thread have people criticised him?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
aldi_01
November 5, 2020, 12:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Interesting that people want to quickly tarnish folk with a brush. I don’t think anyone questioned anybody, just requested some clarity.

They tell us we’re important and they’re quick to make a statement about other things so why not about this?

Folk can believe what they want but a simple statement explaining officially puts it to bed. If fans want to then carry on the discussion that is up to them by the official stand has been taken.

Nobody has questioned the ‘profit’ made either, perhaps the club could explain how it will be invested, especially given Day spent a significant period of lockdown explaining how we’d be out of pocket this time next year.

Will it be simply thrown back in to the pot? Will it pay for further redevelopments of say training facilities?

Some people will be very happy that lack of investment or sensible investment has been made in areas to ensure a surplus but what will that surplus do? A club like ours could do a lot of things with that, not just spunk it on a player.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
rancido
November 5, 2020, 12:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Poojah

I agree and don't call me Shirley!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 12:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Interesting that people want to quickly tarnish folk with a brush. I don’t think anyone questioned anybody, just requested some clarity.

They tell us we’re important and they’re quick to make a statement about other things so why not about this?

Folk can believe what they want but a simple statement explaining officially puts it to bed. If fans want to then carry on the discussion that is up to them by the official stand has been taken.

Nobody has questioned the ‘profit’ made either, perhaps the club could explain how it will be invested, especially given Day spent a significant period of lockdown explaining how we’d be out of pocket this time next year.

Will it be simply thrown back in to the pot? Will it pay for further redevelopments of say training facilities?

Some people will be very happy that lack of investment or sensible investment has been made in areas to ensure a surplus but what will that surplus do? A club like ours could do a lot of things with that, not just spunk it on a player.

Invested? Jesus are you serious. Surviving would be my best guess!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Son of Cod
November 5, 2020, 1:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
It wouldn't surprise me if this was something that was just mentioned in passing and then Holloway has done that article linked on page 1 of this thread without it ever being followed through. Holloway is in the media sounding off so much. I get Google news alerts straight to my phone which are tailored towards me. Before Holloway came here, I'd get one Michael Jolley or Russell Slade team news update a week, sometimes not even that. Holloway pops up on my dashboard banging on about something or other every single day. I doubt he monitors or knows what he's said in the past to be honest.

Best case scenario is that he actually did invest that money and is here to stay. Worst case scenario is that he lied about it, but I can't imagine he did. Likelihood is that there's some explanation between the two. I'm not overly arsed if he did invest or not, as long he's here for a bit and can improve us and maybe help us kick on and get out of League Two at some point over the next few seasons. I think we're already seeing the benefits of his managerial style on the pitch and I'm enjoying watching us play again, despite a couple of dud performances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
mimma
November 5, 2020, 1:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Maybe he's  not taking a salary in money but in shares instead, so doesn't show up in the accounts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 1:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Perhaps I am guilty of unfairly tarnishing you with a brush but as far as I’m concerned the phrase ‘Once more we’ve been peddled false promises’ has a critical feel to it and does not sound like a simple request for clarity to me.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 76
aldi_01
November 5, 2020, 1:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Perhaps I am guilty of unfairly tarnishing you with a brush but as far as I’m concerned the phrase ‘Once more we’ve been peddled false promises’ has a critical feel to it and does not sound like a simple request for clarity to me.

But you’d have to agree, we’ve been fed a lot of unsubstantiated claims over the years, not always negative things but you get the point...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 76
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 2:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

But you’d have to agree, we’ve been fed a lot of unsubstantiated claims over the years, not always negative things but you get the point...

Fair point, that is very true!

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 76
BenBB
November 5, 2020, 5:08pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 76
pontoonlew
November 5, 2020, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
I feel like the club has become 10x more transparent since Holloway joined.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 76
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 5:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
I feel like the club has become 10x more transparent since Holloway joined.

Because we have a manager who not only talks to the local media, but entrusts them with information and keeping some things he tells them confidentially. An example being, that Matt Dean felt able to ask Ollie about the shares without having to worry about being subjected to an expletive filled rant.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 5, 2020, 5:42pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Maybe he's  not taking a salary in money but in shares instead, so doesn't show up in the accounts.

It’d show up in the accounts however they were paid for, along with the other directors’ shareholdings.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 76
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 5:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I imagine it's been delayed by COVID. Firstly it would be quite cheeky to hold him to it when he's taken a 25% pay cut and was placed on furlough at an even lower amount for around 4 months. And then there's the fact that without a bailout the club will go out of business within 4-6 months, so investing a significant amount in a business facing oblivion would be daft. Also, Ian & his wife still haven't sold their house near Bath have they? Ian & Kim are very wealthy but that doesn't mean they have £100,000 readily available in cash. I'm sure when the time is right IH will keep his word.

Ooh, I was right. 😎

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 47 - 76
pontoonlew
November 5, 2020, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
For those who haven’t heard the interview, Ollie hadn’t sold his house yet so couldn’t invest it, it’s finally sold this week.

Perfectly reasonable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 76
ska face
November 5, 2020, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
That’s good news then, as the club have said that all fundraising and share purchases from this summer will be reflected in the 2021 accounts. That was the best part of £100k, so there’ll be Holloway’s £100k on top and with the £140k profit from this year we should be in decent financial health going into 21/22.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 76
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 6:21pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from ska face
That’s good news then, as the club have said that all fundraising and share purchases from this summer will be reflected in the 2021 accounts. That was the best part of £100k, so there’ll be Holloway’s £100k on top and with the £140k profit from this year we should be in decent financial health going into 21/22.

Depends if he's buy £99,500 of unissued shares or buying them off JSF,
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 76
louth_in_the_south
November 5, 2020, 6:28pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 96
Well we’ll see when his house sale goes through won’t we ?!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 76
Sandford1981
November 5, 2020, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Well worth a listen and directly addresses 2 of the subjects that have been questioned on here in the last 24 hours.

Everyone has their own opinions but I can’t listen to that interview and fail to be anything but enthused.

Results and performances will fluctuate but I genuinely believe he has the best interest of the town and club at heart and I think we are very lucky to have him.

Private Message
Reply: 52 - 76
Northbank Mariner
November 5, 2020, 6:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Not only has he answered the questions about his investment but liked the honesty about f@cking up signing Mohnsi...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 76
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 5, 2020, 6:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,772
Gold Stars: 81
Yeah his best interview for a while and he appeared to be reinvigorated re his role and commitment to Town. If we could just get a couple more wins in the next fortnight think we would all get a bit of positivity returning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 76
moosey_club
November 5, 2020, 8:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Not only has he answered the questions about his investment but liked the honesty about f@cking up signing Mohnsi...

Firing him up by saying he might be past it at 33 in a ploy to get that last few required percent out of him to be match ready.......or just throwing him under the bus ?? I cant quite make my mind up.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 76
GollyGTFC
November 5, 2020, 8:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Firing him up by saying he might be past it at 33 in a ploy to get that last few required percent out of him to be match ready.......or just throwing him under the bus ?? I cant quite make my mind up.

Yeah, trying to get that last 90% out of him so he's 100% match fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 56 - 76
Northbank Mariner
November 5, 2020, 8:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

He's not thrown him under the bus, Ollie obviously thought his fitness level wouldn't have depleted as much as it had over 5 months. Whether that motivates Mohnsi I'm not sure to be honest, don't think that's Holloway's style to be honest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 76
jamesgtfc
November 5, 2020, 8:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190

He's not thrown him under the bus, Ollie obviously thought his fitness level wouldn't have depleted as much as it had over 5 months. Whether that motivates Mohnsi I'm not sure to be honest, don't think that's Holloway's style to be honest

He has said that he is a leader and gets the best out of others so his presence is pushing everyone else at the back on. Although he may not be playing, he's still got a role to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 76
Ipswin
November 5, 2020, 8:49pm
Vodka Drinker
With Hanson injured yet again I would like to see Moshni played up front.

He doesn't have to be fit after all Hanson never ran about much

Private Message
Reply: 59 - 76
moosey_club
November 5, 2020, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227

So you would say that Olly publicly stating that he has told the board he may have made a mistake signing him or in the same interview saying he had cost us a goal in the game the other day as he was knackered isnt throwing him under the bus ?

if indeed it was just a straight forward honest assessment by Ollie and not a cunning plan .

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
Croxton
November 5, 2020, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
It wasn't just Moshni on Wednesday. They ran through our midfield as if we were taking the knee for the last 20 min. Even though Spokes' went through the gears in the first half the chain and the wheels came off in the second.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
Northbank Mariner
November 5, 2020, 9:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

So you would say that Olly publicly stating that he has told the board he may have made a mistake signing him or in the same interview saying he had cost us a goal in the game the other day as he was knackered isnt throwing him under the bus ?

if indeed it was just a straight forward honest assessment by Ollie and not a cunning plan .

If he'd have said he was a lazy b@stard and couldn't be ar£ed, I'd say he'd thrown him under the bus, Ollie has a habit of just saying it how it is, I don't think he has a filter at times.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
arryarryarry
November 5, 2020, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Invested? Jesus are you serious. Surviving would be my best guess!!

Well one could ask is it being invested in the club such as players wages etc or being used to pay off someone's loan.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
ginnywings
November 5, 2020, 9:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Shouldn't this topic be in the Conspiracy Theory thread?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
arryarryarry
November 5, 2020, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Shouldn't this topic be in the Conspiracy Theory thread?

Not sure it's a conspiracy when someone states they have done something and it turns out they actually haven't.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 9:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well one could ask is it being invested in the club such as players wages etc or being used to pay off someone's loan.

Yawn!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
arryarryarry
November 5, 2020, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Yawn!!

Thanks for that John, when will we be moving into the new ground at (....................) Insert what you like, Great Coates, Peaks Parkway, Freeman Street.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 5, 2020, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Not sure it’s terribly important whether he has or hasn’t invested the cash as he’s the sort of person that would do what he says he’s going to do. More interesting is that the club have now satisfied all but two of the financial charges against it apart from JFs 400k debenture and a Lloyds Bank one which I guess is for an overdraft.

All in all, the club’s accounts look incredibly healthy for a club at our level without a big sugar daddy investor. Long may it continue.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
chipsandgravy
November 5, 2020, 11:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks for that John, when will we be moving into the new ground at (....................) Insert what you like, Great Coates, Peaks Parkway, Freeman Street.

OMG you think I am John. Now that's made me laugh you poor thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
KingstonMariner
November 6, 2020, 12:55pm
Meths Drinker
Listened to Ollie’s interview. Well worth the time. Open and entertaining. What a vast improvement on previous managers. I know interviews aren’t their main area of focus as a manager, but he gets how important it is. And he cleared up that share question.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 76
aldi_01
November 7, 2020, 6:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 139914
When will you all learn.  Who the fück is going to invest in the club while the major shareholder has both hands on the milking machine.  He’s a cancer, temporary remission but the poison is always there.

But we’re well run, it’s about survival (not sure if people mean staying up or business these days) and we’ve got a great man at the helm...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2020, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

But we’re well run, it’s about survival (not sure if people mean staying up or business these days) and [/b]we’ve got a great man at the helm...
[b]

Who?
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
aldi_01
November 7, 2020, 6:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
[b][/b]

Who?

Exactly...sarcasm is sometimes hard to convey in a message board...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2020, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

Exactly...sarcasm is sometimes hard to convey in a message board...

Nothing changes, does it?
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway Shares

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.