arryarryarry
November 7, 2020, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

All 3 goals caused by individual errors, look at the possession stats...recently we've been circa 65%, what we are failing to do is score enough but given we are changing and adapting to this style of play I'm sure they will come....as long as Holloway dumps Morton, my god for as positive as I can be, he's frigging useless!

Doh, individual errors by pissing about with the ball around our area, just what the intercourse don't you understand about that.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 73
Northbank Mariner
November 7, 2020, 10:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from arryarryarry

Doh, individual errors by pissing about with the ball around our area, just what the intercourse don't you understand about that.

Chill the intercourse out...they're not always caused by pissing about with the ball around our area .. I'll take the way we are starting to play over anything Slade, Jolley or Bignot dishes up .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 73
HarrogateMariner
November 7, 2020, 10:39pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Withnail
Must admit I sat this one out so can't comment on the match itself.

But judging by the match thread and post match comments it would seem we were largely in control of the game and - despite our lack of killer instinct - would on balance, have been very likely to have gone on to win in extra time. Except that is for one moment of madness late on, which makes the result an even more bitter pill to swallow.

Like everyone else I'm drunk off by the result. It hurts like fook to lose to opposition from a lower league, particularly a team who are the current whipping boys.

But...I do question what worth there is in attacking a mostly young and inexperienced team who are no doubt short of confidence right now. Whatever your views on the squad, pre season, Holloway, Fenty, etc... what will sticking the boot into the players actually achieve, other than making their heads drop further?

I get that we created very little today, ditto against Stevenage...but for FFS... let's get to Christmas before we're calling for a Poojar rant... I'd question the sanity of anyone who'd compare the likes of Macca, Waterfall, Pollock, Hendrie, Clifton, Edwards, Wright and Rose to those shithouses who inspired his original (and we'll deserved) rant.

Those calling for Holloway's head on a stick... Please! Do you really think sacking him is the answer? Do you really think we could attract a superior manager? Bignot anyone? Rob Scott? Slade? Even if we could, do you really want us to be one of those dreadful club's who permanently appoints and sacks their manager every other season? Personally, I'd rather have some form of permanence, a manager who knows the club inside out and what makes it tick - summat not to be sniffed at in today's game. The examples of Ferguson and Klopp have previously been mentioned.

So to conclude, some need to put their big boy pants on. Take it in the chin. Dust yourself down and stop squealing.

Fantastic post,  agree 100%.

I sometimes think why don't I read and post on the fishy more often than I do.  Then I read everything following today's game and I remember why.

Yes we lost to a non league team.  Yes it's disappointing. But to compare this team to the one that got us relegated is comical. What an overreaction.

One week ago everyone was saying Clifton is one of our best players, he has improved so much this season. Now he isn't good enough to be a footballer.

One week ago Waterfall and Pollock was our best center back partnership for years. Now they are clueless and need dropping.

Players can and do have bad games. That doesn't mean they suddenly are no longer professionals. I thought we played well today. I genuinely believe we are one good striker short of being a good team.  How we solve that im not sure. Maybe we have them already, maybe we need one in January.

Unlike some,  I continue to see many positives and I think this will all end well. And importantly I will keep supporting this squad because they do try,  they do care. And to say they don't is ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 73
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2020, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HarrogateMariner

Fantastic post,  agree 100%.

I sometimes think why don't I read and post on the fishy more often than I do.  Then I read everything following today's game and I remember why.

Yes we lost to a non league team.  Yes it's disappointing. But to compare this team to the one that got us relegated is comical. What an overreaction.

One week ago everyone was saying Clifton is one of our best players, he has improved so much this season. Now he isn't good enough to be a footballer.

One week ago Waterfall and Pollock was our best center back partnership for years. Now they are clueless and need dropping.

Players can and do have bad games. That doesn't mean they suddenly are no longer professionals. I thought we played well today. I genuinely believe we are one good striker short of being a good team.  How we solve that im not sure. Maybe we have them already, maybe we need one in January.

Unlike some,  I continue to see many positives and I think this will all end well. And importantly I will keep supporting this squad because they do try,  they do care. And to say they don't is ridiculous.

One good striker? Maybe you’re right. Maybe Theo Robinson was that man but, as we put our Covid clause in we lost him and decided to go quantity over quality. Time will tell.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 73
davmariner
November 8, 2020, 12:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
To put it bluntly, we’re a shite team made up of young players and loan players. Clearly the objective is to make sure we stay afloat and cut costs, which is fair enough given the times we’re in. But don’t try and bullsh1t fans by saying we put in a good performance when clearly we were sh1t.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 73
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2020, 1:34am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

Absolute tosh is what you are blabbing on about.

Just show one statement on here that someone said we should have won 10-0 week in week out.

What I didn't expect was to be spanked by the team bottom of the National League.

I wouldn't have called it a spanking. They finished their chances when we made a few silly mistakes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 73
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2020, 1:35am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

You obviously don't watch the games, both Cheltenham and Orient we played some fast paced football getting the ball forward, now players look like they have been told not to pass forwards. How many free kicks do we have in the opposition's half or near the half way line that end up back with McKeown?

It's not just the ball going backwards but the tactics.

Today was not half as bad as most other games in that respect. Just need to get inside Preston's brain and re-educate him.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 73
Mayaman
November 8, 2020, 2:20am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 74
It's not just losing it's the fact that we never look like scoring.  If you're having shots on goal, some are gonna go in but we don't.  To rub salt into the wounds, we hand other teams opportunities to score on a plate with school boy errors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 73
arryarryarry
November 8, 2020, 3:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Today was not half as bad as most other games in that respect. Just need to get inside Preston's brain and re-educate him.

Erm, all the pointless passing across the field, short free kicks that end up back with McKeown, McKeown playing pointless short balls to defenders just outside the area and the excrement defending all round today is Preston's fault?
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 73
OneLove
November 8, 2020, 5:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Losing interest in town rapidly, not just because of this season but over the many seasons of our decline and poor effort to climb back up the leagues, the poor effort of wanting to get a new ground, the poor effort bringing in new business to help push the club forward, the poor PR and so on. Nothing ever changes, we've blitzed thru manager after manager, zero ambition from the board to thrive and move it on to the next level, everything done on a shoestring, the beloved fans having to do bail outs. Holloways possibly the biggest thing thats happened for us in moons, it banged a smile on all our faces, made happiness in communities but on the pitch I'm as baffled as the next person. The squad, the style, the tactics are all head scratchers, serge makofo would look good with this lot, the passing alright at times but thats as far I can compliment it, not good to watch and frustrating. Trying to keep the faith and all that but the old romance looks like its failing for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › So sick of negativity

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.