4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 12, 2020, 7:23pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +881
Gold Stars: 122
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/november/efl-statement---rescue-package/

EFL Clubs have today met by division and separately engaged in overwhelmingly positive discussions in respect of the proposed short-term rescue package currently being discussed between the EFL and Premier League.

The EFL membership have been united throughout the negotiation process that any support package must address the financial issues being experienced at all 72 Clubs before it could be considered in full and moved forward.

The EFL does note the previously stated Premier League position that it would engage with any EFL Club, including those in the Championship, that is suffering severe financial losses due to the pandemic.

Following a comprehensive debate in all three divisions, a collective agreement in principle was made to move forward and finalise the negotiations, with Championship Clubs making it clear today that they wanted to ensure their colleagues in League One and League Two received the proposed £50m financial support package to cover gate losses for 2019/20 and 2020/21 as soon as is practically possible.

Championship Clubs also acknowledged that discussions in respect of the levels of support they will receive will remain ongoing.

The EFL believes that today represents a significant step forward and is hopeful that a final agreement on the short term rescue package across all three divisions can be reached imminently which will provide much-needed support, clarity and certainty for all EFL Clubs at a time when they need it most.

In addition to finalising the short-term financial issues, Clubs were today informed that the EFL will contribute fully in the Premier League’s strategic review to consider the future structure and financing of English football, and will hopefully have a direct and positive impact on a more sustainable EFL in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
November 12, 2020, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,301
Gold Stars: 227
Ok......to play devils advocate.....as we have set up the season to run on virtually no income, have sold season tickets and had crowd funding to boost the coffers......potential further unaccounted income if Dembele moves on.....

Should we just bite the bullet and use any income from a bail out to pay a major chunk off our one significant outstanding loan ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2020, 10:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club
Ok......to play devils advocate.....as we have set up the season to run on virtually no income, have sold season tickets and had crowd funding to boost the coffers......potential further unaccounted income if Dembele moves on.....

Should we just bite the bullet and use any income from a bail out to pay a major chunk off our one significant outstanding loan ?

Nah .... get a striker or two in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
aldi_01
November 13, 2020, 5:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from moosey_club

I mean that would be logical but that would also release the stranglehold somewhat and we all know that won’t happen...after all, significant payments have been made to a certain individual who hasn’t used them as payments against said loans already...

Perhaps the early mature has meant I’ve missed it but does it say how the 50million will be divided? And is it implying it’ll by 50m for league 2?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
pen penfras
November 13, 2020, 8:53am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean that would be logical but that would also release the stranglehold somewhat and we all know that won’t happen...after all, significant payments have been made to a certain individual who hasn’t used them as payments against said loans already...

What on earth are you waffling on about now. We all know you don't like Fenty. No need to lie to justify another post about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
jamesgtfc
November 13, 2020, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01

Perhaps the early mature has meant I’ve missed it but does it say how the 50million will be divided? And is it implying it’ll by 50m for league 2?

It will probably be something like 70/30 so £15m for League 2.

I doubt it will be spread evenly. My guess is that clubs will have to show their accounts and takings for this season before a judgement is made as to who gets what.

As we are supposedly well run I would expect us to get a lower amount than most clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
pontoonlew
November 13, 2020, 9:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It will probably be something like 70/30 so £15m for League 2.

I doubt it will be spread evenly. My guess is that clubs will have to show their accounts and takings for this season before a judgement is made as to who gets what.

As we are supposedly well run I would expect us to get a lower amount than most clubs.

It’ll be done on average attendance. It’d hardly be fair to punish us for being prudently run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
Gaffer58
November 13, 2020, 11:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
If were are being run prudently and can get through the season, and the handout is a loan,depending on the interest rate and payment time, should we really take it, now if it was a grant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
jamesgtfc
November 13, 2020, 12:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

It’ll be done on average attendance. It’d hardly be fair to punish us for being prudently run.

I don't think it will be done on that alone. iFollow revenue is plugging some of the gap and how much it plugs will vary club to club. Season tickets were non-refundable so again, that plugs some of the gap and will again vary club to club.

Some clubs will still be miles over the salary cap, particularly ones like Scunthorpe who went on a spending spree before it was announced.

The aim of this rescue package is to stop clubs going under so I think our prudent financial management will see us receive very little.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
November 13, 2020, 1:30pm
Guest User
Perhaps they'll pay the players their full wage now with it.
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rescue Package

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.