3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
November 17, 2020, 7:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Can anyone explain to me why we are not playing 442 or at least giving it a go ?

We reverted to that in our second game of the season , Harrogate couldn’t handle us and they only grabbed a draw due to exhaustion on our part.

Since then bar Cheltenham away we have tinkered with 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-3-3 and for the main part looked absolute shite.

I like olly and we certainly won’t get a more experienced manager to come here again, though he is beginning to strike me as a man that can’t be wrong in his opinion or tactics. Which is all rather worrying as we muddle from one game to the next with little or no cohesion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner16
November 17, 2020, 8:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
You need 2 strikers good enough to play to play 442 for a start. We only have 1 and he's always injured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
male private Nale
November 18, 2020, 6:56am
Table Wine Drinker
We don't seem to have 3 front men good enough to operate across the top either.

As for Hanson, he is the biggest disappointment and waste of money this side of Matt Green.

Pay them both off and free up the circa £5k a week in wages in it is costing us to keep the under performing  has beens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
pen penfras
November 18, 2020, 8:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from male private Nale
We don't seem to have 3 front men good enough to operate across the top either.

As for Hanson, he is the biggest disappointment and waste of money this side of Matt Green.

Pay them both off and free up the circa £5k a week in wages in it is costing us to keep the under performing  has beens.

How will paying them off free up £5k a week?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
golfer
November 18, 2020, 8:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from pen penfras

Hanson on £4988 - 12p  a week   Green on £11 - 88p          only Green worth it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
male private Nale
November 18, 2020, 8:57am
Table Wine Drinker
You obviously come to a severance agreement, with 6 months left on their contract you offer to pay them a set amount which allows them to sign elsewhere, getting a pay off from previous club and a chance to get a new deal signing on fee etc. or in greens case just signing on.

For what its worth Green is on £2k a week, he bought a house just recently and my friend was mortgage broker and he submitted 3 months of wages slips, I would be inlcined to think Hanson on more.

Quoted from pen penfras

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 18, 2020, 9:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from male private Nale
You obviously come to a severance agreement, with 6 months left on their contract you offer to pay them a set amount which allows them to sign elsewhere, getting a pay off from previous club and a chance to get a new deal signing on fee etc. or in greens case just signing on.

For what its worth Green is on £2k a week, he bought a house just recently and my friend was mortgage broker and he submitted 3 months of wages slips, I would be inlcined to think Hanson on more.

Good to know your friend respects his customers right to confidentiality in relation to his financial dealings. Nobody will settle up unless they know it will be financially advantageous to them and Hanson is unlikely to get another contract with his fitness problems. Green will be hoping the likes of Boston United might offer him a deal but given his goals ratio its more like Gainsborough and £150 per week so this just ain’t a practical proposition to either of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
golfer
November 18, 2020, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Can we sack them under the trade description act
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
RichMariner
November 18, 2020, 11:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
I very much doubt anyone at this club is on £2k a week. That's outrageous cash at this level, and doesn't stack with the long-held argument that we have a tiny budget.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
toontown
November 18, 2020, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from RichMariner
I very much doubt anyone at this club is on £2k a week. That's outrageous cash at this level, and doesn't stack with the long-held argument that we have a tiny budget.

I would be surprised if we were NOT paying that to at least a few players- green Hanson Macca for a start
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 442

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.