This thread currently has 2,662 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
November 23, 2020, 10:08pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,450
Gold Stars: 115
Can anyone help Ian, who says:  "Everton fan looking for video/DVD of League cup game 1984, you won 1. 0 Wilkinson scored, only seen goal, I'd like to see whole game or highlights,"

Well Ian, you can watch it on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-GRH2VBOSw&t=60s

but has anyone got a better copy?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Limerick Mariner
November 23, 2020, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from GrimRob
Can anyone help Ian, who says:  "Everton fan looking for video/DVD of League cup game 1984, you won 1. 0 Wilkinson scored, only seen goal, I'd like to see whole game or highlights,"

Just tell him that for 89 minutes the ball was pinging around the Grimsby penalty box with legs, heads and bodies blocking Everton shots from all angles, for the ones that got through Nigel Batch performed a series of amazing saves, and then Grimsby scored. That about sums it up...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
arryarryarry
November 24, 2020, 1:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GrimRob

As someone who has most of the old highlights videos I asked this very question some years ago. My understanding was that the match master copy (and we are talking VHS videos) was given to I think Alec King in the days after the game as if I remember correctly there was a showing one evening at the ground for fans to pay and watch it. That master copy then vanished and those clips you see on youtube are a copy or second copy of the master hence the poor quality.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
arryarryarry
November 24, 2020, 1:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from arryarryarry

As someone who has most of the old highlights videos I asked this very question some years ago. My understanding was that the match master copy (and we are talking VHS videos) was given to I think Alec King in the days after the game as if I remember correctly there was a showing one evening at the ground for fans to pay and watch it. That master copy then vanished and those clips you see on youtube are a copy or second copy of the master hence the poor quality.

PS I can't remember who it was I asked but if there was a better quality copy out there the only person who might have it would likely be the legendary Roly Godfrey.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
Brazilnut
November 24, 2020, 9:19am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
I passed a copy of Roly's video transferred onto dvd to Ian barralad last year sometime when i passed a load of memorabilia onto him for  the trust ...it wasnt the best quality  but it was nice to watch every now and again

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Theimperialcoroner
November 24, 2020, 10:42am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
I can still pick me out jumping off the barrier at the back of the stand when the goal goes in.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 24, 2020, 12:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,978
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from arryarryarry

The only league match I’ve never seen highlights of, is the 0-0 away draw at Stoke in 91

Dont suppose........

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Madeleymariner
November 24, 2020, 3:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

The only league match I’ve never seen highlights of, is the 0-0 away draw at Stoke in 91

Dont suppose........

From what I remember of that game the only highlight was the Stokies pitch invasion at the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 24, 2020, 4:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,311
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Madeleymariner

From what I remember of that game the only highlight was the Stokies pitch invasion at the end.

For a short time that looked like it was going to get very ugly......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
grimsby pete
November 24, 2020, 4:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
How many L 2 clubs can say we have won at Everton  Liverpool  Chelsea Man City to name just a few.

AND

Beaten Wolves 5-1. Man City 4-1 Chelsea 2-0  Spurs and many more in my lifetime.

We have fallen a long way in the last 20 years but we can get back up there beating the best and we will.

Just watch us go when we get started.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Everton v GTFC 1984 Video

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.