Croxton
December 7, 2020, 8:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Stadium

Arrive a minute or two after it has finished?

Thanks for the idea. I'll time my visit to the loo accordingly, although my new seat is in Row K in the Upper so I'm likely to have my back to it anyhow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
Stadium
December 7, 2020, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks for the idea. I'll time my visit to the loo accordingly, although my new seat is in Row K in the Upper so I'm likely to have my back to it anyhow.

No problem.
As long as your not subjected to it for about two minutes.
Enjoy the game in 2021 hopefully.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
ginnywings
December 7, 2020, 8:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Based on the poll I started today, after your comment admittedly.

Half of 100 and odd blokes on a footy forum hardly represents a MAJORITY.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
Stadium
December 7, 2020, 8:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

Half of 100 and odd blokes on a footy forum hardly represents a MAJORITY.

My point exactly earlier.
But hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 48
TheRealJohnLewis
December 7, 2020, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Croxton

It's laughable that some on the left think the BBC does not have a liberal left bias just because Farage gets on the occasional panel of Question Time. Given the reach of the BBC TV and Radio, Channel 4 , SKYNEWS, LBC and others, I think that there are plenty of voices espousing the liberal agenda. Yes, there is a right of centre block of newspapers but the power is with Radio, TV, podcasts and social media. The left is outshouting the traditional centre and cancel culture is stifling debate in Schools, Universities and public discourse.
You pick on one phrase in my post but ignore the thrust of my point about being able to support anti racism campaigns and oppose BLM's hard left ideology at the same time. It is because I support the Kick it Out campaign that I don't want to see a politicised, choreographed pretence enacted on the ref's whistle. If you think it's working say so and give a hint as to how long it should continue.  

Kick it out supports those who take a knee against racism!

https://twitter.com/kickitout/status/1335280655215767552

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
Croxton
December 7, 2020, 10:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Kick it out supports those who take a knee against racism!

https://twitter.com/kickitout/status/1335280655215767552

Thus failing to see how their backing risks tainting their non political unifying stance. By being football centred, it could stand apart from the wider global BLM aims. Now, it endorses them. If the players want to take the knee, fine, but by conceding leadership to a body outside football they blur the objectives and means of measuring success. Will Kick it out be pressured by BLM to allow taking the knee into school sport? It's hard enough reffing with over committed parents on the line already without creating extra tensions. Rod and back come to mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
Theimperialcoroner
December 8, 2020, 6:15am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Croxton

It's laughable that some on the left think the BBC does not have a liberal left bias just because Farage gets on the occasional panel of Question Time. Given the reach of the BBC TV and Radio, Channel 4 , SKYNEWS, LBC and others, I think that there are plenty of voices espousing the liberal agenda. Yes, there is a right of centre block of newspapers but the power is with Radio, TV, podcasts and social media. The left is outshouting the traditional centre and cancel culture is stifling debate in Schools, Universities and public discourse.
You pick on one phrase in my post but ignore the thrust of my point about being able to support anti racism campaigns and oppose BLM's hard left ideology at the same time. It is because I support the Kick it Out campaign that I don't want to see a politicised, choreographed pretence enacted on the ref's whistle. If you think it's working say so and give a hint as to how long it should continue.  

Have a look at the people who run BBC current affairs. Many Cameron appointees, then there’s Laura Keunsberg and Nick Robinson, have a look at their political pasts. The BBC have been hugely pushed to the right by this.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
pen penfras
December 8, 2020, 9:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Have a look at the people who run BBC current affairs. Many Cameron appointees, then there’s Laura Keunsberg and Nick Robinson, have a look at their political pasts. The BBC have been hugely pushed to the right by this.

You've got to be pretty far to the left to think that the BBC's reporting is to the right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
friskneymariner
December 8, 2020, 9:46am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,156
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Look at how many ex B.B.C. journalist are now working for the Conservatives at least seven.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 8, 2020, 9:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from Croxton

It's interesting that you try to have a reasonable debate (and you are obviously intelligent, thoughtful and well educated) but use phrases like "cancel culture" which is a typical conservative phrase designed to shut down debate and maintain the status quo. You never see the phrase " cancel culture" in liberal discussion, it is only ever seen in conservative discussion and used by conservative 'commentators'.

The left is patently not outshouting the right in the UK; we have a right leaning, populist government with a significant majority.

The myth of the left outshouting the right is part of the right feeding it's support base that 'we' are under siege, 'our' way of life is under threat and that 'we' should fight back against this wave of liberalism that will undermine 'our' values. This view is invariably peddled by white men who have a private income, fit into a very narrow socio economic group and are acting out of self interest to support their 'power' and the power of people exactly like them.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester chairman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.