3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 7, 2020, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Was he disrespecting Green or did he genuinely not hear his name ?   Either way his response was pretty short and precise , "no he's not fit", not sure whether to think Green is in the bad books, could he be one of the seniors referred to as going if the message doesnt get through....
or is he really fully fit and will be starting tomorrow but he doesnt want Newport to know.

Also think that was definatley a thinly veiled pop at Macca , he said in the post match something about Macca hardly moving for their first goal the other night didnt he ?  On that front where is Russell ?   Battersby has been on the bench for a while now, have i missed something regards an injury to Russell or has he also fallen victim to a covid clause and now isnt getting paid to be a player ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
LondonMariner43
December 7, 2020, 11:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
How about Dave Moore?  We seem to have had excessive injury problems for years now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
mimma
December 8, 2020, 12:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from LondonMariner43
How about Dave Moore?  We seem to have had excessive injury problems for years now...

Dave Moore only injured players when he was playing, he stopped injuring them when stopped playing!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
denni266
December 8, 2020, 7:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Olliewants things put right ?  Ok lets start at your urine poor  selection of players you got here in the firstplace . For what ever reason the recruitment was urine poor. Most of the players you got should not have been tempted to step up this far. And then you have a go at them . not there fault , you tempted them and you should have known better , So you get your bit right  first  before you have a go at the players  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
toontown
December 8, 2020, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70

I wondered if this was a dig at Dave too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
pen penfras
December 8, 2020, 9:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
I don't think it was particularly a dig at anybody, just a tactic to try and motivate players to produce their best. I doubt anybody's going to take our contracted players, so it would mean paying them off to replace them and we don't have the money to do that.

Holloway certainly got recruitment wrong, he seems to have gone down the route of lots of players to cope with the crowded fixture schedule. Come the end of the season, we might benefit from that, but right now we have too many players that aren't good enough. A smaller squad of higher quality would certainly be better in the early parts of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
December 8, 2020, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pen penfras
I don't think it was particularly a dig at anybody, just a tactic to try and motivate players to produce their best. I doubt anybody's going to take our contracted players, so it would mean paying them off to replace them and we don't have the money to do that.

Holloway certainly got recruitment wrong, he seems to have gone down the route of lots of players to cope with the crowded fixture schedule. Come the end of the season, we might benefit from that, but right now we have too many players that aren't good enough. A smaller squad of higher quality would certainly be better in the early parts of the season.

Unless you want to be embroiled in a relegation fight (again) then they will have to find the money. If we have made mistakes in recruitment (due to covid clauses, lack of budget or managers mistakes) you have to put it right. We have 4 months starting on the 1st January to stave off disaster.

Other struggling clubs around us won't be sitting back and saying we will have to suck it up because we haven't got any money. That what the board is for - to find ways of getting us moving forward.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 8, 2020, 10:36am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82

Unless you want to be embroiled in a relegation fight (again) then they will have to find the money. If we have made mistakes in recruitment (due to covid clauses, lack of budget or managers mistakes) you have to put it right. We have 4 months starting on the 1st January to stave off disaster.

Other struggling clubs around us won't be sitting back and saying we will have to suck it up because we haven't got any money. That what the board is for - to find ways of getting us moving forward.

Made a similar point on another thread a couple of weeks ago. I think Ollie made a statement in which he implied he had got the recruitment wrong and changes would be made in January but these changes need to be done at the start of the window as this allows more time to settle in and make an impact.

In relation to Hanson, as long as fair play rules allow, I wouldn’t pay him up as this is dead money but I would get in a quality replacement who hopefully will stay with us for two or three seasons. Should Hanson then recover his fitness he would make more than a decent option off the bench and back up striker.

Very frustrating that a possible front four tonight of Wright, Hanson, Scannell and Tilley are all injured and given Green is also out there has to be questions about our approach to fitness and the management of players recovering from injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Ipswin
December 8, 2020, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I fear he might be on the madman's hit list

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Northbank Mariner
December 8, 2020, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
JT Tweeting, looks like Ollie's at it already...appearing Macca has been dropped and Russel will be between the sticks tonight..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie's Pre-Newport Press Conference

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.