Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GrimRob
A great sportsman, unlike Maradona. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0dl3VylAA

Paolo Rossi was supposedly a decent guy and I was very sorry to hear of his death yesterday.

However, Rossi was implicated in match fixing, which is far worse than punching the ball into the net or snorting jazz salt like a truffle hunting hound.

Rossi was co-owned by Juventus at the time of the 1980 Totonero scandal and if any club could get their player out of such a situation, with their organised crime links and other connections, I am sure they could have done if Rossi was innocent. Juventus even signed him mid-ban.

Given Totonero 80, Totonero 86, Calciopoli 04/05 etc, it does make you wonder if there wasn’t something dodgy about Napoli’s Scudetti. Or Hellas Verona in 84-85. Or any Milan win that involved Berlusconi’s money.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 11, 2020, 7:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
One of the stars of the second best World Cup ever. Loved Rossi.

What are you classing as the best?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
December 11, 2020, 7:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59

What are you classing as the best?

'66 obviously. Nothing to do with the football played.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Ipswin
December 11, 2020, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Paolo Rossi was supposedly a decent guy and I was very sorry to hear of his death yesterday.

However, Rossi was implicated in match fixing, which is far worse than punching the ball into the net or snorting jazz salt like a truffle hunting hound.

Oh dear it appears I have awoken the Maradona lovers (yet again)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
forza ivano
December 12, 2020, 1:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Ipswin
My apologies if it has had a mention here somewhere but I haven't seen anything about the sad death at the age of 64 of Paolo Rossi. Remember his fantastic hat trick  in the World Cup. Sad loss of a great striker

RIP
But obviously useless as he never played for any of  the big 6 in the premiership😉😔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Vance Warner
December 12, 2020, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 106

Rossi was co-owned by Juventus at the time of the 1980 Totonero scandal and if any club could get their player out of such a situation, with their organised crime links and other connections, I am sure they could have done if Rossi was innocent. Juventus even signed him mid-ban.

Given Totonero 80, Totonero 86, Calciopoli 04/05 etc, it does make you wonder if there wasn’t something dodgy about Napoli’s Scudetti. Or Hellas Verona in 84-85. Or any Milan win that involved Berlusconi’s money.

If you’re into your Italian football warts and all I would highly recommend Calcio by John Foot. Cracking book
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paolo Rossi RIP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.