Reply: 10 - 18
MarinerDevil
December 13, 2020, 10:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,805
Gold Stars: 80
So what is the likely outcome of a boycott?  I guess the intention is to force Fenty to sell but I can't see that happening before the loss of income really hurts us.  As we fall out of the league and out of business, what happens if Fenty panics and withdraws his investment?  Would the fans be able to raise the necessary funds to save the club from certain insolvency and liquidation?  

Croxton is right, a boycott would inflict prolonged suffering on everyone at the club and would see us regress much further from where we are.  I don't think enough people could stomach it.  It worked at Blackpool but that took years to be effective and I think they suffered two or three relegations in the process.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
louth_in_the_south
December 13, 2020, 10:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
I don’t think we need to do a boycott. He’s done himself up like the proverbial kipper he made all his money from .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2020, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Croxton
It may be counterintuitive but I think the opposite is required. The Trust has signalled it's position clearly and it is time for them to steady the ship. Instead of a boycott, we should allow them the time and space to put the fans case to the board. Let's hold our fire, support Ollie and the team, and when fans are allowed back take a lead from our board representatives.

I am as gutted as anyone that a character like this fraudster is associated with my club but the immediate need is for points from Southend, Bradford etc. Fenty is wriggling on several hooks here and his moral authority is in shreds. Let the press have their moment and NELC respond to these revelations. There may be more shocks to come so I say we keep our powder dry.

'It Bites', 'Iknowyoursecret' and one or two others have personal agendas which surface at times like this. For the moment, I would allow formal procedures at council and club level to clarify what has happened so far rather than simply stamp our feet and make noise.

I agree, but not because we need the points, but because there isn’t an exit strategy.

If there was a plan to build up a fighting fund whilst a boycott was in progress with a clear objective of placing the club on a sound basis post-Fenty, I’d be positive about it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Garth
December 13, 2020, 11:19pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
No need for a boycott, looks like he's self harming, we need to stand by the club players and manager because there's bound to be big changes soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
December 14, 2020, 7:23am
Guest User
Fenty has had 10 year of criticism from Town fans. I personally don’t think it has bothered him that much that people moan about him on social media and it won’t bother him in the future. If he didn’t have access to a social media and the fishy he probably wouldn’t  know that the majority of town fans think his time at the club had been a massive failure. I can’t see people’s logic in slating a product (in this case Grimsby Town) and continue to purchasing it when you know what the outcome is going to be. He must be laughing his head off at us plebs as he has us by the knackers as he knows that we’ll always come back plodding along despite how annoyed we get.
Reply: 15 - 18
gary_elton
December 14, 2020, 8:27am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Not for a boycott... nothing but full vocal support for Ollie and the lads is required. I dont want this May character anywhere near the place... no way should he be involved with GTFC whatsoever...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
December 14, 2020, 8:45am
Guest User
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Not for me.

Team is crap, but it’s still our crap team

I can't believe it I actually agree with you.
Reply: 17 - 18
diehardmariner
December 14, 2020, 10:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
I'm similar to LH.  I've already paid for my season ticket so will attend games when allowed.  But in the absence of a satisfactory response and outcome, that is likely me done for putting a single penny in the coffers.

This isn't about hurting the club.  It's about removing Fenty's power, without fans putting money in he literally has no cards to play at all.  He can't take money out to repay his loans, he can't wind the club up without writing off his loans, he'll have to pay bills to make sure the club doesn't get wound up in the first place....he'll also be left holding a can that no-one wants to touch.

That all said, I think the waiting approach could be best as he's somehow managed to wriggle himself on a bloody massive hook!
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation boycott

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.