3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
December 15, 2020, 10:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,767
Gold Stars: 1,509
What a storm we have brewing here. What a week this could turn out to be.

On Saturday, it transpired our beloved majority shareholder is not only in bed with a man convicted of a serious and despicable crime, but actively seeking significant investment in the club from him.

I'll hold my hands up, I've defended John on ocassions in the past either because I felt there were elements of his leadership that were well meaning, that he'd been unlucky at times or because the abuse he was receiving from some quarters was disproportionate. But nah, fúck it, I'm done. He's done. Treat my club and my fellow, honest supporters with such contempt? Expect to get away with it? The camel's back just snapped like a deconstructed flag.

Tonight we have lost heavily to this season's basket case club, in the greatest basket case of a season in all of history. We've lost four of our last five games without winning any of them. We are dropping like a stone and look like a solid bet for relagation into non-league. And not for the first time, eh John?

And what's that coming over the hill? Oh yes, it's our dear old friends Scunthorpe United, in what could be the first game with fans at Blundell Park in almost a year. It's written in the stars - we're getting hammered, and I don't mean the kind you get with a substantial meal.

What do we do then? Sack the manager? Bit trickier than usual though, innit, given he's on the board and there's absolutely no way of replacing him with anyone of any calibre given the circus going on upstairs.

This may be an alien concept, John, but now is the time to do the right thing. The consequences if you don't will be absolutely dire for this club and its fans. At this juncture, there is only one way out of this.

Fenty out.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
December 15, 2020, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
As solid as everPoojah

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
aldi_01
December 15, 2020, 10:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Love the sentiment but the arrogant twit literally can’t see it. He won’t it. He chooses not to see it. He refuses to see it.

He’s Honest John, does everything properly and has only done the way for this club, even when he’s been pilloried or had his car damaged, was £85k by the way.

In these weird times it’s even easier for fans to walk away, become disinterested or just, as I suspect many a town fan feels at present, copulated off...

Again though, nothing. Zilch from the club. Happily took 200k, happily took ST money with nothing so much as a thank you and we hope you’re back in BP soon.

The club and its custodians are arrogant and blind to the face fans are turning away and in the current climate won’t ever return.

Now is the time for (not so) Honest John to fall on his sword, some would probably like that in a literal sense, but if he loves the club as he claims, if he can’t see the damage he and his chums are doing then he’s a very troubled man.

Is it time for a flailing Holloway to go? I really don’t know, if he hadn’t a good element to his career or a profile I feel he’d have been gone already. Should he be given January? May be so, it’s clear our issues run much deeper than simply bouncing from one manager to another...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
ginnywings
December 15, 2020, 10:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I think IH needs to forget all this talk of building a squad the fans can be proud of and leaving a legacy. None of that matters if we get relegated.

Go back to basics, get us safe, then try playing attractive football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
buckstown
December 16, 2020, 9:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
Guess nobody knows what JF is thinking right now but my guess is that if Shutes offers to give him his money back today he'd be gone. No financial guarantees required, just get me out of here and who cares.The legal process takes 2 months and JF won't part with a brass farthing for new players in the interim. Holloway resigns and a new manager arrives on February 1st and has this squad to get us out of trouble.
Merry Christmas and god help GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
gtfcmd
December 16, 2020, 9:33am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
if we was to get relegated i cant see holloway sticking with us he would go to another league club rather than non league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2020, 9:33am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from buckstown
Guess nobody knows what JF is thinking right now but my guess is that if Shutes offers to give him his money back today he'd be gone. No financial guarantees required, just get me out of here and who cares.The legal process takes 2 months and JF won't part with a brass farthing for new players in the interim. Holloway resigns and a new manager arrives on February 1st and has this squad to get us out of trouble.
Merry Christmas and god help GTFC

I believe that the money was on the table some time ago but JF wanted to remain on the board. If nothing else good has come out of the Alex May saga, I’d like to think that that’s no longer an option.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from gtfcmd
if we was to get relegated i cant see holloway sticking with us he would go to another league club rather than non league

If he gets us relegated who would want him to stay with us. I hope he gets ceremoniously kicked out of BP

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
pen penfras
December 16, 2020, 10:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I believe that the money was on the table some time ago but JF wanted to remain on the board. If nothing else good has come out of the Alex May saga, I’d like to think that that’s no longer an option.

Not true, but it's anti Fenty, so I guess it's a fact as far as this place is concerned.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
lew chaterleys lover
December 16, 2020, 10:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from pen penfras

Not true, but it's anti Fenty, so I guess it's a fact as far as this place is concerned.

Aye. I just cannot understand why people are anti-Fenty. Do you have any clue?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Perfect storm

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.