Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Olly needs to raise his game.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot, Olu and 162 Guests

Olly needs to raise his game.

This thread currently has 4,338 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 16, 2020, 6:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,761
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings
Think the black hole of negativity at our club is still doing it's thing. He was full of bounce and vigour when he arrived. Doesn't take long for us to knock that out of managers and players.

Time to roll up the sleeves and get us moving toward safety, before that black hole deposits us back into non-league again.

Absolutely this. It is no good feeling sorry for ourselves - get stuck in till the cavalry arrives in the shape of the January window, and what is on everyone's Christmas list - a new dynamic board of directors.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 6:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Absolutely this. It is no good feeling sorry for ourselves - get stuck in till the cavalry arrives in the shape of the January window, and what is on everyone's Christmas list - a new dynamic board of directors.

I'd love to know what people think a new board of directors are going to do. They are not going to throw cash at the manager overnight and in time for the January window in fact there's no way we will have a new board by then and in light of his last selections would you give Holloway any cash to spend? Frankly I wouldn't entrust him with the money to go and get the fish and chips

One other thought, will any new owners want to keep Holloway on as manager anyway?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
oochiad
December 16, 2020, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I think new owners would keep him on once they’d have looked at the hand he’s been dealt. How could the board possibly have the cheek to sack him when its all their fault.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
heppy88
December 16, 2020, 7:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Heisenberg

I sort of feel the same, but if the board were to have the gall to blame this decline on Ollie alone, well, the hypocrisy would be laughable.

Come on the board wont blame it on Holloway, they'll do what they always do, blame it on the fans!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 7:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
I think new owners would keep him on once they’d have looked at the hand he’s been dealt. How could the board possibly have the cheek to sack him when its all their fault.....

It won't be their fault it will be their predecessor's fault and of course as he has publically announced ad infinitum Holloway is Fenty's man

They might want a totally fresh clean sheet It will probably be nearer May and the end of the season than January by the time it's all sorted and signed

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
oochiad
December 16, 2020, 7:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Apologies Swin, yes I meant their predecessors who also can’t sack him as it’s all their fault!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Ipswin
December 16, 2020, 7:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from oochiad
Apologies Swin, yes I meant their predecessors who also can’t sack him as it’s all their fault!

Also I'm not convinced any new owners will a) want the manager on the board and or b) want the manger to hold many shares, too hard to get rid of him

Still Holloway still hasn't but the promised money in yet so he'd best keep it in his pocket, which of course he may well decide to do anyway if his mate is selling up

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
December 16, 2020, 8:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

I'd love to know what people think a new board of directors are going to do. They are not going to throw cash at the manager overnight and in time for the January window in fact there's no way we will have a new board by then and in light of his last selections would you give Holloway any cash to spend? Frankly I wouldn't entrust him with the money to go and get the fish and chips

One other thought, will any new owners want to keep Holloway on as manager anyway?

You know more about this new board of directors (who don't exist at present, so it's all in your mind) than anyone else, if you're sure they won't throw cash around.
I would point out that there are countless examples of new boards at football clubs making significant funds available to the club manager.

At the very least, the new board would be hard-pressed to be more penny-pinching and unambitious than the current mob.

Whether IH is the man to take us forward is questionable (performance-wise), but he arrived with ambitions for the club, and decent values.
Both are at odds with what we have come to expect from the JSF shitshow. There's the problem....

Reply: 17 - 26
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2020, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
As we’ve had countless managers whose career path has been wrecked by associating with our club, it would be nice to see him operate under a new regime. However, I’m not sure he’ll stay.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
GrimRob
December 16, 2020, 8:52pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from oochiad

What a terrible hand he's had. Given the whole salary cap to spend and blown nearly the whole lot on dross.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Olly needs to raise his game.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.