Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 156 Guests

Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)

This thread currently has 13,868 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
December 17, 2020, 11:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
If Holloway comes out and defends the board and urges them not to sell to Shutes Stockwood and Petitt then he can just intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 85
GollyGTFC
December 17, 2020, 11:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
I wonder if Fenty has told Ollie that he’s selling up to Shutes. I don’t disbelieve him when he says he came here for the fan, but he came here primarily to work for Fenty and because he was given overall control of all footballing matters. I doubt a new owner would be so willing to have a manager wielding so much influence over the core activity of the business.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 85
Bradford Mariner
December 17, 2020, 11:45am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Time will tell, but this sounds like someone looking for a get-out clause from his current position.

It doesn't surprise me in the least, this was always about Holloway and nothing to do with GTFC.

I don't like the idea of looking for a new manager, though, it rarely solves the problem but I think Holloway has run out of ideas and wants a way out.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 85
grimsby pete
December 17, 2020, 11:48am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
I keep getting red crosses for saying this but never mind I will say it again sorry I can not say my souce.

Ollie had a agreement that after he finished in management he would be the chairman and owner of the club.

Whether Fenty told him he would sell his shares of give them to Ollie I do not know.

Selling the club to Shutes  means that deal is off if that is what happening.

So I expect Ollie to walk and leave us in the excrement.

We might find out later.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 85
psgmariner
December 17, 2020, 11:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Great week of preparation for the scunny game. Well done to all involved...

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 85
promotion plaice
December 17, 2020, 11:51am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Flat caps...buy one get one free !!  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 85
Hagrid
December 17, 2020, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 537
This club is a shambles. Top to bottom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 85
Kris2
December 17, 2020, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Well with the nuclear bomb about to go off it seems like a lot of people are looking for a get out clause at the minute. This deal if it ever goes through would provide it but would depend on if the Fenty faction's position is as weak as it seems now. During the last round of meetings they had a much stronger position to throw a spanner in the works if they don't get things done their way.

As for Holloway, he doesn't need us. He has a TV career where his off the wall rants and personality play much better than in the backwaters of the North-East coastline. As for if we need him many will say we don't but have little realistic suggestions and ideas on who would be better than what we have. Could throw another total unknown at the wall and see what happens, could employ an experienced manager again that is out of touch with the modern game and players.

Tbh I think most who want Holloway gone probably think putting Dave Moore in charge is a good idea because from Grimsby. Maybe we should give Neil Woods another crack at it? With a squad of promising young players he won't have the excuse that he was left with dross and no money so we can see what he's got.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 85
Ipswin
December 17, 2020, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

So I expect Ollie to walk and leave us in the excrement.

We might find out later.

Which is exactly where we were when he arrived only its a bit deeper this time with a excrement squad he has assembled

Does anyone really believe or even think that Holloway thought he would A) be chairman and B) own the club?

Total balderdash from day one

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 85
December 17, 2020, 11:57am
Guest User
Quoted from Kris2
Well with the nuclear bomb about to go off it seems like a lot of people are looking for a get out clause at the minute. This deal if it ever goes through would provide it but would depend on if the Fenty faction's position is as weak as it seems now. During the last round of meetings they had a much stronger position to throw a spanner in the works if they don't get things done their way.

As for Holloway, he doesn't need us. He has a TV career where his off the wall rants and personality play much better than in the backwaters of the North-East coastline. As for if we need him many will say we don't but have little realistic suggestions and ideas on who would be better than what we have. Could throw another total unknown at the wall and see what happens, could employ an experienced manager again that is out of touch with the modern game and players.

Tbh I think most who want Holloway gone probably think putting Dave Moore in charge is a good idea because from Grimsby. Maybe we should give Neil Woods another crack at it? With a squad of promising young players he won't have the excuse that he was left with dross and no money so we can see what he's got.

Please NO!  Promoting from within doesn't work for us, look at what happened the last time Woods was in charge!

Reply: 29 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unhappy Ollie to make a statement (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.