3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Boris Johnson
December 20, 2020, 1:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
I listened to this for once, the relationship between him and Tondeur is really strained isnt it...its as if there is something else that gets to Holloway when he has to answer his questions.  Wonder what the issue is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
Ipswin
December 20, 2020, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Boris Johnson
I listened to this for once, the relationship between him and Tondeur is really strained isnt it...its as if there is something else that gets to Holloway when he has to answer his questions.  Wonder what the issue is

Tondeur asks questions that any journo would and should ask (in fact others would be even more upfront and ask more pointed ones Tondeur is a bit soft) Holloway doesn't like answering if his reply does not put him in a good light

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Boris Johnson
December 20, 2020, 1:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Tondeur asks questions that any journo would and should ask (in fact others would be even more upfront and ask more pointed ones Tondeur is a bit soft) Holloway doesn't like answering if his reply does not put him in a good light

maybe he has sussed that JT uses his mate Lloyd Griffith to dish the dirt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
moosey_club
December 20, 2020, 2:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Thank fck we didnt lose is all i can say.... a great opportunity for a tubthumping interview that but clearly IH has a chip on his shoulder with JT since THAT same for everyone covid comment.
Fck knows what is going through IH's head right now, i think he is suffering mentally with the the whole Covid world outside of football and having what is a massive part of his life being football completely turned upside down just when he was getting cosy last season has left him seemingly pretty fragile to me.
Chuck in the last week and this situation which is also disrupting his plans for long term then its kind of understandable he isnt exactly feeling chipper.

I think he might benefit from stepping back from an interview or two or the interviewer nipping his answers in the bud as when he starts to ramble he just gets more worked up, i know that isnt what the journo's want as if they let him go then who knows what he might reveal but no one is coming out smelling of roses the way they are currently going.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
KingstonMariner
December 20, 2020, 3:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think you’re right Moosey. Olly’s reactions to completely reasonable questions (and delivered in a polite manner by Tondeur) was out of order. He seems to be very tetchy which I can only put down that the Covid crisis and maybe the shenanigans exposed lately.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Boris Johnson
December 20, 2020, 3:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Think it’s more than that

Holloway doesn’t like a shitstairer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
arryarryarry
December 20, 2020, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Think it’s more than that

Holloway doesn’t like a shitstairer

I have to admit, I don't like people who excrement on the stairs either. Makes it difficult to go up and down without standing in it.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
bluebottle
December 20, 2020, 4:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
If that’s the case, he will detest you then Boris.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Teesknees
December 20, 2020, 4:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have to admit, I don't like people who excrement on the stairs either. Makes it difficult to go up and down without standing in it.

Very Funny!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Croxton
December 20, 2020, 6:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,020
Gold Stars: 34
Mike White is going to be acting RH Sports Editor for three months. His own interview with Jordan Clarke was an indulgent travesty, unnecessarily probing for dressing room angst following a derby defeat and totally failing to ask Clarke about the yellow card assault on Edwards. He apologised for this when either Crofty or JT prompted him.

It was White who bluntly pressed Graham Alexander in a post match interview if he thought he would be sacked. If Matt Dean is not going to be directing matters, then I hope JT avoids trying to blend post match interviews with questions about wider and emotive club issues. Olly's statement was worth a separate interview conducted with due notice and preparation.

RH already have a difficult relationship with HCFC and fans suffer if press/club relations sour. At this existential moment in GTFC history the triumvirate of Club/Media/Fans should proceed with care.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway interview link please

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.