6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
December 24, 2020, 10:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Time for a change absolutely but how can anyone have a problem with Fenty wanting his own money back is beyond me. Just pay him his 1.5M and let’s all move on for the good of the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
December 24, 2020, 11:02am
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

The tv show with the painters/decorators was ok though

Wasn't that Brush Strokes
Reply: 11 - 51
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Humbercod
Time for a change absolutely but how can anyone have a problem with Fenty wanting his own money back is beyond me. Just pay him his 1.5M and let’s all move on for the good of the club.

Nobody has, what people have an issue with is the fact he’s been offered a fair deal but it doesn’t suit him. His arrogance is astounding and the more that unravels the worse it actually gets for Fenty...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01

Nobody has, what people have an issue with is the fact he’s been offered a fair deal but it doesn’t suit him. His arrogance is astounding and the more that unravels the worse it actually gets for Fenty...

Its not really a 'fair' deal at all. If the new crowd don't put money into the playing side of GTFC (and not just developing a stadium and the Ice House) we might well be in the Conference or lower in 3 years

If they are as flush as they make out paying Fenty now is just a drop in the ocean

I am concerned that they are even thinking we might not be in the EFL in the next three years - doesn't fill me with confidence about how they see Grimsby Town (as opposed to Grimsby town) going forward

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Humbercod

I absolutely have a problem with Fenty wanting his money back. Because it's his incompetence that created most of this debt, not ITV Digital or three-crested newts, but this club losing its football league status under his watch. The man's hubris and lack of self awareness is just gobsmacking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
immariner
December 24, 2020, 11:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Ipswin

I am concerned that they are even thinking we might not be in the EFL in the next three years - doesn't fill me with confidence about how they see Grimsby Town (as opposed to Grimsby town) going forward

Have you had a look at the league table and our squad? FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 11:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Ipswin

Its not really a 'fair' deal at all. If the new crowd don't put money into the playing side of GTFC (and not just developing a stadium and the Ice House) we might well be in the Conference or lower in 3 years

If they are as flush as they make out paying Fenty now is just a drop in the ocean

Question for you Swin.

If you were buying GTFC from John Fenty and you were aware of his track record, would you give him all the loan money back as part of the deal and pay him face value for his shares?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
OneLove
December 24, 2020, 11:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Question for you Swin.

If you were buying GTFC from John Fenty and you were aware of his track record, would you give him all the loan money back as part of the deal and pay him face value for his shares?

Ipswins that far up his bottom he would probably give him the loan money back and then reinstate him as chairman again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from immariner

Have you had a look at the league table and our squad? FFS

But aren't the new mob supposed to be sweeping in to change all that and take us into the Premier League, investing in players and stuff Fenty is accused of not doing?

No flipping point in buying the club unless they want to improve things unless of course they are only interested in the stadium and Grimsby property refurbishment / development side of things...oh wait...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
headingly_mariner
December 24, 2020, 11:33am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GrimRob

Even if by some miracle many of the people not on social media do want JF to remain, you can bet your bottom dollar that they are not the ones signing up to watch live streams. My dad's generation doesn't "do" social media, but they don't "do" live streams either, or buy things online at the club shop. If there is an online boycott it will be a massive percentage of the club's current income.

Absolutely, I’ve bought every away game I’ve not been to since ifollow started. I’ve got a season ticket this season as always so I’ll get the home ones. I’ve bought every away game so far this season, I will now be ordering them from the club we are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.