5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
December 26, 2020, 8:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t think being taken in by Holloway was a bad thing necessarily.

It was a natural reaction I guess, it did feel good and we did want it to work. I personally was never a fan but that’s not to say I didn’t want it to be successful.

Sadly, it just wasn’t meant to be and perhaps Mr Holloway lacked the moral compass as well as the other ‘leaders’ at the club. Sad really isn’t it...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
SDUTM
December 26, 2020, 8:28am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +179
Gold Stars: 2
Fenty is a control freak, loves a fight and is going nowhere! The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can get back to watching appalling football in a dying stadium!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
moss_side_mariner
December 26, 2020, 9:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from SDUTM
Fenty is a control freak, loves a fight and is going nowhere! The sooner we accept that, the sooner we can get back to watching appalling football in a dying stadium!

So, you'll be going back in?

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
cardiffmariner
December 26, 2020, 9:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Great article. The words of Podge and the bit about Vernam are the most powerful example of why we have failed to achieve success under Fenty.

Feel so angry but so powerless. Still can’t see him going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
Stranger in the Park
December 26, 2020, 9:55am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
"Hurst obviously got fed up with it and went to the mighty Shrewsbury."

So why would he come back to a club that currently resembles Beirut for chaos?

Has Hurst even commented or been approached.

Even though out of work I doubt he would want to come back, despite being the "popular" choice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
mariner83
December 26, 2020, 9:55am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
can't think why we struggle to sign players  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
aldi_01
December 26, 2020, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
"Hurst obviously got fed up with it and went to the mighty Shrewsbury."

So why would he come back to a club that currently resembles Beirut for chaos?

Has Hurst even commented or been approached.

Even though out of work I doubt he would want to come back, despite being the "popular" choice.

Hurst wouldn’t come back lol under the current regime, if he did I’d be shocked.

Why would he come back and work for the same clowns that let him walk out the door?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
ginnywings
December 26, 2020, 10:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Didn't someone say that Hurst is still getting paid by Scunny, so effectively on gardening leave? If so, he can bide his time for his next appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
BeijingMariner
December 26, 2020, 10:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
it was a very good article. It was more passion than craft, but I think that works for these times. The politically partizan stuff at the end detracted from it, for me simply because it wasn't needed, but it was still very worthwhile. I was always on the fence about Mr Fenty, to be honest. i saw him in the the club shop once a few years back, he was great with my kids, allowed them to step on the pitch, stuff like that...which for an expat like me was quite an eye-opener. Wrote to him a couple of times too and he replied in such a way that I took him for a proper GTFC fan. And, if I am being perfectly honest, I still think he is. But he has let himself down, badly, obviously in some very distinct ways. So much so that people who were able to give him the benfit of the doubt, now cannot.  I am in that category. I think there was a time when John actually controlled everything, but I think events have now taken over, he won't be able to out-run this shameful fiasco. Too many moving parts that are out in public, laid bare, dirty launndry etc. It's heart-breaking, really, even more than the defeat to Bristol Rovers at Wembley that left all three of my kids in tears while we were watching in Beijing. I will never be one to kick someone when they are down, even if they are my enemy, I suppose it is my curse, and I won't join in with the name calling. But you know what? I completley understand it, and if you need to do it, have at it, Mr Fenty has to listen, one way or another. I think his days are much numbered, and I will raise a glass to that. Take care fellow Mariners and here's to a victory at Morecombe. UTM!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
December 26, 2020, 10:32am
Guest User
Quoted from SDUTM

But a huge majority of the fans don't accept it. Why should we? It's our club. We'll be here after he's gone.
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lloyd Article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.