Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well worth a read (Mike Rouse’s son )
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 181 Guests

Well worth a read (Mike Rouse’s son )

This thread currently has 1,831 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Private Message
aldi_01
December 24, 2020, 3:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m afraid Mr Rouse Jnr is unaware of the protocols...there are rules and regulations for John Shelton Fenty and then those for everyone else...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
ginnywings
December 24, 2020, 3:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
A family member works for an ex Town director and I have done work for his son. Their opinion of JF isn't very complimentary to put it mildly. Don't suppose Parker and Mullen have much good to say either. He's trodden on a few toes over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
blundellpork
December 24, 2020, 6:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,668
Gold Stars: 32
Reading that article, it suggests Directors loans are subordinated behind other creditors. This is not uncommon in the banking world and by prioritising in this way it would appear the end result that money is owed to the Directors rather than the banks. This seems a fairly sensible approach to take and removes the risk of lenders calling in their debt, and would probably incur less interest.

As the bank debt, HMRC debt etc is now cleared, I’m not convinced by the argument that Fenty is in conflict with these rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
GrimRob
December 24, 2020, 6:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
It says: "The club have drafted a new "Directors' Protocol" document to stop this happening in the future with any new board members, which the club are still very keen to bring to Blundell Park."

Did it ever get beyond the draft stage? I wrote the article so don't ask the author  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 5
KingstonMariner
December 25, 2020, 2:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I very much doubt it was ever ratified Rob. Fenty would have lost interest when he realised he was going to be the major creditor.

The accounts say that Fenty controls the club by dint of his shares (well under 50%), his loans (>1.5 x his Liana) and the guarantee he gives to underwrite cash shortages. If he couldn’t easily call in his loans then he wouldn’t be considered to have control.

Wonder if there were any resolutions about it at AGMs.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well worth a read (Mike Rouse’s son )

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.