Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway was SACKED?!!?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Holloway was SACKED?!!?

This thread currently has 14,706 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
December 28, 2020, 12:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,474
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Marinerz93

1. So when Rob Scott said "we've got no facking money" what did he mean by that?

2. Why did Hurst said about backroom staff, why didn't he get what he was promised?

Tell me again about backing the manager with a decent budget and why points 1 and 2 stand out when we have been shite, shite for so long something doesn't weight up when it comes to the board saying money is available..

Just to reinforce this point:

3. Bignot said we had less staff than Solihull, and at a fans forum said everyone at this level had strength and conditioning coaching at which point he was publicly contradicted by the board

4. Jolley publically outted our budget as being  rubbish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
denni266
December 28, 2020, 1:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
IE Thought he could take kids and make them league footballers ... Wrong mr i am .. you put this squad together and failed . You SAID YOU WAS STAYING TO PUT THINGS RIGHT  THEN DID A RUNNER..  Stick to your tv shows cos thats all you are fit for.. and remember  folk are notlaughing with you   BUT AT YOU
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 1:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Just to reinforce this point:

3. Bignot said we had less staff than Solihull, and at a fans forum said everyone at this level had strength and conditioning coaching at which point he was publicly contradicted by the board

4. Jolley publically outted our budget as being  rubbish

Thank you, and I rest my case ma Lord.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
Yoda
December 28, 2020, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Lincoln seem to do ok with managers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
Theimperialcoroner
December 28, 2020, 3:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 103
I’ve lifted this from elsewhere but it’s written by someone very close to the whole thing, someone who I trust completely on this matter.

The key part is a common theme to most of the managers JSF has appointed. IH was promised things that were not delivered. Particularly around the recruitment and retention of players.

Make you own mind up on it, but I’m know what I think.

“IH appointment was considered by many a fantastic achievement, an opportunity for a high profile manager to bring some quality to the Club.

Initially it worked a treat - the players he brought in, and back, to the Club brought exciting, attacking football which made us all feel positive.

Unfortunately circumstances meant those players were then offered lesser contracts - they, correctly, chose to look elsewhere. Some of those players were higher profile, with more contacts than the usual lower league players we usually brought in. They were, as all players and their agents are, quick to share just how tight, unreasonable & unforgiving JSF is - IH was unable to convince them otherwise, so was left to shop in the gutter. He then saw the empty promises he was made for exactly that & left.

The recent activity has simply laid bare the inadequacies of JSF & the current board, despite their usual ability to find support amongst their cronies; the latest twists have simply driven rusty nails into their already rotting coffins.”

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
Mariner_501
December 28, 2020, 5:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Still blows my mind that the manager who I’ve heard bang on about morals and values more than any other person, let alone manager, is the one with the least.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_501
Still blows my mind that the manager who I’ve heard bang on about morals and values more than any other person, let alone manager, is the one with the least.

Maybe he lost his moral compass one day training at Cheapside.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 28, 2020, 6:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I’ve lifted this from elsewhere but it’s written by someone very close to the whole thing, someone who I trust completely on this matter.

The key part is a common theme to most of the managers JSF has appointed. IH was promised things that were not delivered. Particularly around the recruitment and retention of players.

“IH appointment was considered by many a fantastic achievement, an opportunity for a high profile manager to bring some quality to the Club.

Initially it worked a treat - the players he brought in, and back, to the Club brought exciting, attacking football which made us all feel positive.

Unfortunately circumstances meant those players were then offered lesser contracts - they, correctly, chose to look elsewhere. Some of those players were higher profile, with more contacts than the usual lower league players we usually brought in. They were, as all players and their agents are, quick to share just how tight, unreasonable & unforgiving JSF is - IH was unable to convince them otherwise, so was left to shop in the gutter. He then saw the empty promises he was made for exactly that & left.

The recent activity has simply laid bare the inadequacies of JSF & the current board, despite their usual ability to find support amongst their cronies; the latest twists have simply driven rusty nails into their already rotting coffins.”

No reason to doubt any of this as it fits in with a pattern of behaviour much associated with JF, however, if this is correct it’s even more disappointing that the South West’s, now least favourite knome, didn’t say so in his resignation tweet but like many others one suspects a nice pay off keeps these matters in-house.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
Fillipe Noche
December 28, 2020, 6:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Holloway stood there telling us what a well run club this is

Holloway stood there telling the media that any club that doesn’t build Covid clauses into their contracts must me mad.

Holloway stood there and said he’s leaving because he wants JF to continue as owner, not a new consortium that he doesn’t like
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
Marinerz93
December 28, 2020, 6:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

1. Holloway stood there telling us what a well run club this is

2. Holloway stood there telling the media that any club that doesn’t build Covid clauses into their contracts must me mad.

3. Holloway stood there and said he’s leaving because he wants JF to continue as owner, not a new consortium that he doesn’t like

1. No one believes this
2. Where is the evidence that other clubs have done this.
3.Hollow words said "It is with a heavy heart that I am announcing my resignation as manager of Grimsby Town Football Club," Holloway said in a statement.

"New wannabe owners are hovering over GTFC and John (Fenty) has told me he is selling his stake in the club. So it’s time for a fresh start across the board for this great club." just an excuse for the state of the current squad and where we are in the league.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway was SACKED?!!?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.