Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 152 Guests

Would you be happy with Hurst back in charge?
Yes
No
  View Results 337 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Hurst

This thread currently has 44,192 views. Print
31 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
Boris Johnson
December 30, 2020, 10:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from realist
There is a reason he is available, he is utter shite and no one else wants him. Why should we employ unwanted shite?

desparation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 305
Ipswin
December 30, 2020, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You've gone on about this before. It was clearly an own goal but who honestly gives a flying intercourse?

HertsGTFC for a start, he's still wobbling on about the Bristol Rovers goalkeeper

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 305
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 30, 2020, 10:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Yeah teams knowing if you parked the bus you were guaranteed at least a point is why we finished top 5 for four seasons in a row.

Slow learner then wasn’t he?  

Look, we will have Hurst and Hurst will do us team a good job. He will keep us up. I am happy to support that, I just get p1ssed off with some people thinking he was/is some sort of genius. If he was he would be at Bradford or somewhere ........ anywhere apart from BP.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 305
December 30, 2020, 10:53am
Guest User
I am 100% behind the appointment of Paul Hurst, if and when it is confirmed.  One thing that interests me about this appointment is that either the new owners are well versed in football matters, or took advice from someone else who was able to recognise what type of manager was required for the present situation.

I was never one of the 'ear cupping' brigade, he just got us promoted.

Welcome back Paul Hurst, good luck with the rest of the season and UTMM!
Reply: 283 - 305
meddaboy
December 30, 2020, 11:00am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -6
looking in from the outside and new to the site ,why dont you all club together ,break the bank and bring in  tony pull this  , he,s a free agent now ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 305
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2020, 11:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Not wishing to put a dampner on either view maybe after watching the side last night he may think it's beyond saving, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to take the risk as there is a f**k load to do and it needs to be done quickly. .

He may or may not be in the running but he might just fancy throwing his hat into the ring at the last minute for the Burton job.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 305
Mariner93er
December 30, 2020, 11:36am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

Can't argue with those percentages although most of Hurst's were in non-league

I just hope no one is going to start moaning about the style of football Hurst is churning out and how unattractive and totally lacking in entertainment it is, you can'y have it both ways

We could get Guardiola in and he wouldn’t be able to get this lot playing pretty football. The only way I see us getting out of this mess is by grinding out ugly defeats, and Hurst will be good for that. Style of play really isn’t a consideration right now, surviving is. Anyone who’s concerned with playing style needs a reality check.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 305
Rodley Mariner
December 30, 2020, 11:40am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180

Slow learner then wasn’t he?  

Look, we will have Hurst and Hurst will do us team a good job. He will keep us up. I am happy to support that, I just get p1ssed off with some people thinking he was/is some sort of genius. If he was he would be at Bradford or somewhere ........ anywhere apart from BP.

Literally nobody on here has suggested he is some sort of genius.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 305
December 30, 2020, 11:52am
Guest User
could we now stop the moaning , Fentys gone, New owners in , new manager coming. Please turn the page over, theres a new chapter  begining  on the story of GTFC. look forward.  UTMM.
Reply: 288 - 305
ska face
December 30, 2020, 12:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852
I’d be more than happy with Hurst purely on the basis that he wouldn’t feel the need to come in & do the nauseating blowing smoke up everyone’s arses that most managers and players do. Holloway took it to a new level.
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 305
31 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.