4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
December 29, 2020, 9:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Even though plenty of people bought into the consortium statement, believing it to be genuine, plenty remained sceptical. Not the biggest straw poll conducted I grant you, but still quite revealing. 16 people were not convinced the consortium statement was genuine, plus 1 was certain it was a hoax. Let that sink in. That’s 17% of fans surveyed really not sold on the notion that the consortium have chosen to conduct a multi million pound business transaction in public.

I’ve found my 24 hours on this website quite interesting. It’s quite educational to see the myriad of opinions. Although it shouldn’t provide any element of hilarity, it’s also quite comical to read some of the reply’s and gauge the level of business acumen, or lack of it, that some people have with their highly simplistic press of a button views. If only life was that simple hey.

Look it matters not who I am. Just like many, if not most of the people on here, I’m an ordinary Grimsby Town fan. I hardly see a single one of you that writes under their own name. Struggling to remember one.

I’m appreciative of the incumbent owner for keeping the club I love going. I would be equally appreciative of anyone else who comes in and takes over. As long as they are doing it for the right reasons and that they will support the club on a sound financial footing, as equally well or grander than what John Fenty has.

Let’s hope for a conclusion to all of this soon, in order that these distractions can be put behind us, and let’s hope for a good managerial appointment to improve our fortunes on the pitch.

Farewell Fishy Faithful

Fillipe Noche
#UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
December 29, 2020, 10:00am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Bell.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Theimperialcoroner

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
I trust you’ve seen Matt Dean confirming statement was genuine. Seeing as I told you who I was are you going to skulk off not returning tha favour?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
coddy60

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Just intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
December 29, 2020, 10:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,760
Gold Stars: 237
You will be missed.  

To be fair, it seems like you are demob happy. I hope to God that is true.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
thefish
December 29, 2020, 10:03am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Even though plenty of people bought into the consortium statement, believing it to be genuine, plenty remained sceptical. Not the biggest straw poll conducted I grant you, but still quite revealing. 16 people were not convinced the consortium statement was genuine, plus 1 was certain it was a hoax. Let that sink in. That’s 17% of fans surveyed really not sold on the notion that the consortium have chosen to conduct a multi million pound business transaction in public.

I’ve found my 24 hours on this website quite interesting. It’s quite educational to see the myriad of opinions. Although it shouldn’t provide any element of hilarity, it’s also quite comical to read some of the reply’s and gauge the level of business acumen, or lack of it, that some people have with their highly simplistic press of a button views. If only life was that simple hey.

Look it matters not who I am. Just like many, if not most of the people on here, I’m an ordinary Grimsby Town fan. I hardly see a single one of you that writes under their own name. Struggling to remember one.

I’m appreciative of the incumbent owner for keeping the club I love going. I would be equally appreciative of anyone else who comes in and takes over. As long as they are doing it for the right reasons and that they will support the club on a sound financial footing, as equally well or grander than what John Fenty has.

Let’s hope for a conclusion to all of this soon, in order that these distractions can be put behind us, and let’s hope for a good managerial appointment to improve our fortunes on the pitch.

Farewell Fishy Faithful

Fillipe Noche
#UTM

You do realise that 17% is a relatively small amount, don’t you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
Fishy clapper
December 29, 2020, 10:03am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 14
John Elsom
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Sandford1981
December 29, 2020, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Farewell Fishy Faithful

Fillipe Noche
#UTM

You sir are a whopper!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Mikey_345
December 29, 2020, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Well I for one am heartbroken you’re going...... 😏

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
ginnywings
December 29, 2020, 10:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Multi million pound business transaction. 'Kin 'ell, it's the sale of a down at heel lower league football club for a couple of mill. It's overpriced at that.

Worst WUM ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Poll And Farewell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.