1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Vance Warner
January 1, 2021, 8:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
An interesting interview and quite revealing despite Macca’s ultra professionalism. One thing that stood out for me was ‘it’s one thing saying you have high standards but another thing implementing them.’ It appears ‘grass is grass and path is path’ didn’t win us too many points.

Another point he made was that experienced players need to focus on their own jobs before supporting younger players. That’s not something I’d considered but is clearly going to be an issue with our inexperienced squad.

He’s clearly happy Hurst is back and speaks very highly of him as you’d expect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
cjbill
January 1, 2021, 9:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
I’m sure this is in reference to the iFollow interview. But there was also one with him and Matt Dean last night where he revealed IH was going to send him out on loan in January!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
heppy88
January 1, 2021, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Frank and refreshing interview. Macca clearly has respect for Hurst / Doig and their methods. Genuinely appeared peeved he couldn’t be around the club at present. I realise how toxic things got prior to Christmas when many stated they didn’t give an excrement if he was shown the door. I believe under the new regime he will thrive again. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Fillipe Noche
January 1, 2021, 10:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I think you can tell that Macca doesn’t rate Holloway

Cleverly stops short of saying it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2021, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
It's one thing saying you have standards. It's another thing proving it or words to that effect stood out to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
moosey_club
January 1, 2021, 11:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Pretty sure he has given that same interview several times in his career to date 🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
GrimExile
January 1, 2021, 11:54pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Do we know whether Macca actually had Covid or has he just came into contact with someone who had? The reason I ask was on more than one occasion he was coughing what appeared to be a dry cough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
jamesgtfc
January 2, 2021, 12:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GrimExile
Do we know whether Macca actually had Covid or has he just came into contact with someone who had? The reason I ask was on more than one occasion he was coughing what appeared to be a dry cough.

He said in his interview with Matt Dean that he felt very tough when he played Boxing Day v Morecambe. He said he didn't have any Covid symptoms but felt rough. His family came up for Christmas dinner and have since come down with it, his mum in particular is quite ill he said.

His wife got symptoms and at that point they both got tested. Macca is Covid-positive and mentions that he has now lost his sense of taste and smell.

He said that they believe it to be the new mutant strain because it has gone round everyone that was at his house Christmas Day.

Fortunately our team have been socially distancing during games as well this season.

I did hear Davies say after the game Tuesday that all of our players were being tested Thursday. Unsure when we get them results but I suppose it could potentially put tomorrow in doubt.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
GrimExile
January 2, 2021, 2:09pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He said in his interview with Matt Dean that he felt very tough when he played Boxing Day v Morecambe. He said he didn't have any Covid symptoms but felt rough. His family came up for Christmas dinner and have since come down with it, his mum in particular is quite ill he said.

His wife got symptoms and at that point they both got tested. Macca is Covid-positive and mentions that he has now lost his sense of taste and smell.

He said that they believe it to be the new mutant strain because it has gone round everyone that was at his house Christmas Day.

Fortunately our team have been socially distancing during games as well this season.

I did hear Davies say after the game Tuesday that all of our players were being tested Thursday. Unsure when we get them results but I suppose it could potentially put tomorrow in doubt.

Thanks James for the full explanation. A happy new year to you and hopefully 3 points this afternoon. #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
toontown
January 2, 2021, 2:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Hopefully the mckeowns of all generations will be ok
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.