5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
January 2, 2021, 10:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
As I saw in another thread, the first half today was a Holloway team, and the second half a Hurst team.

I would be very pleased if we came out of January looking like (similar to) this:
                  McKeown
Hendrie-Nsiala-Pollock-Preston
               Hewitt-Rose
     Morais - Williams - Scannell
                   Amond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Swansea_Mariner
January 2, 2021, 10:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Rose has gone backwards at an alarming rate and those two pens he's given away this season are absolutely cardinal for an experienced pro. For me he's behind Hewitt, Clifton and Spokes, who are all more mobile and aggressive.

Williams again decent in the past but what is up with him is he scared of getting tackled or something, he's done nothing to warrant inclusion. Maybe Hurst can get to the bottom of what's up with him.

We also need to swap out Preston. Sorry to be so negative.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
moosey_club
January 2, 2021, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
i would be highly suprised if Toto would come back here....unless on a visiting team ....which i also dont imagine happening anytime soon.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
moosey_club
January 2, 2021, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Rose has gone backwards at an alarming rate and those two pens he's given away this season are absolutely cardinal for an experienced pro. For me he's behind Hewitt, Clifton and Spokes, who are all more mobile and aggressive.

Williams again decent in the past but what is up with him is he scared of getting tackled or something, he's done nothing to warrant inclusion. Maybe Hurst can get to the bottom of what's up with him.

We also need to swap out Preston.
Sorry to be so negative.

Swap him out for who ??

He started really well for us but under the revolving door on the formation and personnel in front of him has suffered terribly. Constantly exposed 2 v 1 under Holloway , Tilley didnt exactly help him out today either which is why i would guess he got the hook at half time. Hurst likes a defensive winger..ala....Monkhouse and we dont have one in the building.
Preston hardly gets forward now as he cant trust anyone to cover him which would make him look even worse if a move breaks down.

I think he would soon regain his early season form if he got a disciplined left sided player in front of him for a few games.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 49
jamesgtfc
January 2, 2021, 10:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from moosey_club

Swap him out for who ??

He started really well for us but under the revolving door on the formation and personnel in front of him has suffered terribly. Constantly exposed 2 v 1 under Holloway , Tilley didnt exactly help him out today either which is why i would guess he got the hook at half time. Hurst likes a defensive winger..ala....Monkhouse and we dont have one in the building.
Preston hardly gets forward now as he cant trust anyone to cover him which would make him look even worse if a move breaks down.

I think he would soon regain his early season form if he got a disciplined left sided player in front of him for a few games.

Get another left back in for competition and like you say, we need a grafting left winger too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
davmariner
January 2, 2021, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
How the intercourse are we going to get Toto? He’s playing and occasionally captaining Ipswich.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 2, 2021, 10:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from davmariner
How the intercourse are we going to get Toto? He’s playing and occasionally captaining Ipswich.

Chloroform?

Have we not got two sleeper agents in Suffolk?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2021, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from davmariner

Ipswin is our mole. He said he was going to Portman Road but didn’t say he was going in a Toto mask. Meanwhile, Hursty has smuggled Toto out of Tier 4 into Tier 3. And I’ve probably had a glass of Malbec too many.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 49
Wrawby_Mariner
January 2, 2021, 11:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Fire power is an apparent problem, and a good striker is as rare as rocking horse poo. I think the common consensus is Podge, at his age, he would be a great role model for our rough diamonds. Whether this comes into fruition, I guess the next few days will tell. All I know is Green isn’t the man to lead the line for us.

But of course it matters not who plays up front because the final ball to him/them isn’t good enough. Creativity in midfield is another must, I feel in some respects our current bunch of centre midfielders are very similar.

Losing Morton was for me, no sad loss but and If I’m honest, nor was Edwards. For me he hasn’t learnt to pass the ball, nor mastered that final ball or any sort of end product really. I suppose that comes with experience. Tilley for me has been very hit and miss, and the biggest disappointment for me has been Williams. Two years ago he was in the Wales squad for the Euros and since then he’s been on a downward trajectory because of injuries. Is he on a one year deal or 2

Centre half is another problem area for us. In a way, not having the best of games in front of scouts may have done us a favour, but we potentially need to brace ourselves for a bed from a team higher of the pyramid and of course will leave us light. Idehen has a mistake in him but again that comes with experience.

Finally, left full back is another area that desperately needs sorting. Some experience.

For me we need

LB
CB
CM a creative one
LW
CF  

I have no idea where these new faces are going to come from but Now really isn’t the time to portion blame. All that matters is that the club have set things in motion to put things right as much as right can be.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 8 - 49
male private Nale
January 3, 2021, 6:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from moosey_club

Swap him out for who ??

The way the original poster has slammed Toto in the team, then why not Ben Chilwell both equally as unrealistic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.