MuddyWaters
January 5, 2021, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face
When he was signed I said he should at least be able to trap a ball and pass it accurately over 10 yards. Incorrect. Apologies to all.

Again, when Holloway signed 7 loan players despite us only being allowed 5 in the match day squad, did it not occur to anyone in the office to say “err..hold on a minute”?

They couldn’t get hold of him. His phone was melting.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
IlkleyMariner
January 5, 2021, 1:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from dicko995
Bennet can go as well, i dont rate him at all, too lightweight,easilly gets knocked off the ball, no killer pass in him, hardly runs, and is shite at taking corners, he has a couple of good moments, but it proved a point when he came on as sub on his debut and was substituted later on in the game.... i,ll get me coat.

Suspect Bristol Rovers don’t want him back and may have done a non return season load deal with our previous manager.

If PH can get inside his head there is a decent player still there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
cardiffmariner
January 5, 2021, 1:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Is Taylor injured? He may be worth holding onto as I think he has potential that Hurst may be able to realise. Bennett too, although I understand why people wouldn’t be fussed if he went.

Spoke to a Bristol City fan down here and seems the recalls of Moreton and Edwards may have been genuinely that as they are down to the bare bones with injuries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
headingly_mariner
January 5, 2021, 1:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 124
It was almost as bad a loan spell as Mickaël Antoine-Curier had.

Gomis is clearly completely excrement and should never have been near our first team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 5, 2021, 2:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It was almost as bad a loan spell as Mickaël Antoine-Curier had.

Gomis is clearly completely excrement and should never have been near our first team.

No! MAC got into the first team and humiliated himself and us publicly, you can't say that about Gomis.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
pontoonlew
January 5, 2021, 2:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178

No! MAC got into the first team and humiliated himself and us publicly, you can't say that about Gomis.

The other humiliation of course being the fact that he managed to tear us to bits when he played against us before he signed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 5, 2021, 2:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,310
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from pontoonlew

The other humiliation of course being the fact that he managed to tear us to bits when he played against us before he signed.

Ha! Yes, I saw him play at Notts Cty against us on a skating rink and scared the life out of us. Reputedly Fenty introduced him to the rest of the squad as the man who was going to save our season or be the answer to all our payers or some such tosh.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
GollyGTFC
January 5, 2021, 2:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from ska face
When he was signed I said he should at least be able to trap a ball and pass it accurately over 10 yards. Incorrect. Apologies to all.

Again, when Holloway signed 7 loan players despite us only being allowed 5 in the match day squad, did it not occur to anyone in the office to say “err..hold on a minute”?

You say that like it’s a problem. We could select 71.4% of those loanees. Our total pro squad was 34 players, so we could only have 52.9% of them in any match day squad. So we could get better value from those loanees than the squad as a whole.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 51
arryarryarry
January 5, 2021, 2:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Suspect Bristol Rovers don’t want him back and may have done a non return season load deal with our previous manager.

If PH can get inside his head there is a decent player still there.

Not according to many Bristol Rovers fans.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 5, 2021, 2:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,459
Gold Stars: 15
Imagine being a Championship striker and going out on loan to a team at the bottom of League Two and they can't score for toffee, however despite that you can't even make the match day squad.

You would imagine his confidence is rock bottom after his experience at Town, but when you look at his record he has been loaned to Braintree, Notts County, Macclesfield and us and in that time he has scored 1 in 31 games, so you have to imagine what Holloway was even thinking when he brought him in. Seems like another blind decision to me.

I never saw a game he played in but I can imagine if he was any good he would have at least had a sniff.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gomis loan terminated

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.