Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan Players
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Loan Players

This thread currently has 4,136 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
January 7, 2021, 1:31pm
Guest User
cant see PH doing business with Shrewsbury, they believe he did the dirty on them in the way he left them.
Reply: 10 - 16
RonMariner
January 7, 2021, 2:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,843
Gold Stars: 227
Looking at that list send shivers down my spine. We are so short of quality all over the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
kevikov
January 7, 2021, 2:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 13
Players try harder, commit more and generally play better when they have confidence and buy into the managers plan and ethos. No matter what skill level they naturally have. I dont doubt at all that the majority of the squad didnt buy into hollowwords ethos and by the end had given up caring.
Hursts main job is to instill confidence and belief into the squad he retains and convincing them to buy into his plan. If he manages that, a few of the squad who are being written off atm will start to show more and i believe play better in a better team shape, more natural positions and with the managers support.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Nutsy
January 7, 2021, 2:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +158
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Mariner_09
Hanson and Scannell, if they can stay fit and that's a big if, with Morais wide right doesn't appear too disheartening. But we just can't afford to hope Hanson and Scannell stay fit because they can't and won't.

There's also a distinct lack of mobility in those 3 listed, even if you played Max Wright on the left it doesn't cure it. We can't get out of this by hoping our older, more experienced, and better players stay fit.

Hopefully he can offload Green, Bennett and maybe even Tilley and sign some more quality in there, even if it means having fewer players.

We also need another CB, our backup is currently Hewitt. I quite liked the look of Spokes when he played against Bradford was it? He was quite physical, seemed to have some metal about him. Which is what we need but the was one game. So I think CM reinforcements are necessary too, we probably need some more energy in there.

I haven't seen much of Scannell, but my Palace supporting friend beleived it was a real coup getting him.

Scannell - Jackson Jr
Wright - Hewitt - Clifton - Morais
Habergham - Pollock - Waterfall - Hendrie
Macca

Has Habergham signed or am I getting carried away?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
grimsby pete
January 7, 2021, 2:50pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Nutsy

I haven't seen much of Scannell, but my Palace supporting friend beleived it was a real coup getting him.

Scannell - Jackson Jr
Wright - Hewitt - Clifton - Morais
Habergham - Pollock - Waterfall - Hendrie
Macca

Has Habergham signed or am I getting carried away?

Just on trial at the moment did he get the full game yesterday ?
If he did that would be a big plus.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Jarmo.Is.God
January 7, 2021, 3:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Scanell played behind the striker at Crawley away if i remember right, and bossed it.

Would much prefer him in an attacking midfield role rather than striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Welwynmariner
January 7, 2021, 3:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from grimsby pete

Just on trial at the moment did he get the full game yesterday ?
If he did that would be a big plus.

Played 60 minutes, which is OK for a first game after a long lay off. Still on trial so we'll maybe see later in the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.