GollyGTFC
January 10, 2021, 9:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from toontown

Surely if the EFL can accept points per game for their own league they have to accept it for others. The real question is what is the minimum proportion of a season that has to be played for it to count. The prem suggested 67% or 75% as alternatives didn't they but didn't make a decision.

Presumably the NL has to get to the 67% stage at least to have a chance of being accepted you'd have thought. How far are they off that? Is it achievable before the euros? I know they could go on during the euros but I don't think uefa will allow that.

I think they should be expected to complete the season. Last season was an exception as all football stopped completely for 3 months or so. Football has carried on this time. The NL should be expected to complete their season as the EFL will fully complete our season.

Whatever, the EFL should be telling the NL what the score is in regards of what needs to happen for promotion & relegation to take place between L2 & the NL.

From what I've seen the majority of NL clubs are now coming over to the idea of abandoning the season as there is no realistic prospect of any fans for the next 3 or 4 months at least.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 44
forza ivano
January 10, 2021, 12:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
you've also got to throw the FA  Trophy into the mix, as that is still continuing (next round is next Saturday) so another couple of write off weekends for the conference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
GrimRob
January 10, 2021, 1:11pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from forza ivano
you've also got to throw the FA  Trophy into the mix, as that is still continuing (next round is next Saturday) so another couple of write off weekends for the conference

They still haven't played last season's final?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 44
Zmariner
January 10, 2021, 1:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
The season has to be ended immediately, ( well before Southend hammer us). Seriously think ending is a possibility but at this point I look for any excuse to get rid of Hollowhead's squad ASAP. When I saw the title I though the subject was , would this team be competitive in the Northern Premier league..............of course not utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Cambridgefish
January 10, 2021, 2:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
In last weeks testing of 66 clubs and 3500 players and staff, there were 112 cases, which is about 3 per cent. The percentage in the population as a whole is 2 per cent. There were also 40 cases in the Premier league. I don't see how they can justify keeping going with those numbers.

They could all stop hugging each other every five minutes. That would be a start.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 10, 2021, 2:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Cambridgefish

They could all stop hugging each other every five minutes. That would be a start.

This!!!

Ban avoidable touching. No touching during a goal celebrations. No handshakes before or after the match.

And don't get me started on the video of Chorley celebrating in their changing room yesterday!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 44
KingstonMariner
January 10, 2021, 4:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cambridgefish

Maybe our strategy is to let so many goals so many opposition teams get outbreaks that the season has to be abandoned.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
toontown
January 10, 2021, 5:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Maybe our strategy is to let so many goals so many opposition teams get outbreaks that the season has to be abandoned.

Aah yes - we're playing the long game, very sneaky!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
diehardmariner
January 11, 2021, 10:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from GollyGTFC

This!!!

Ban avoidable touching. No touching during a goal celebrations. No handshakes before or after the match.

And don't get me started on the video of Chorley celebrating in their changing room yesterday!

Then you've got the people of Marine turning out to watch a Spurs coach with tinted windows arrive at the ground.

If we're talking banning avoidable touching then you have to stop the game full stop.  It's pissing in the wind having sides coming out of separate tunnels if they're then huffing, puffing and sweating next to each other for 90 minutes.

We're supposed to be in bloody lockdown.  Yet we've got 'elite' sports teams travelling the length and breadth of the country, putting more and more people at risk.  Sadly I understand the need for the Premier League to finish simply because of the financial implications on it.  I think it stinks that money is talking so loud and dictating.  There's the potential to argue that keeping it going is a distraction for many, especially if they actually came through with this and put it on Free To Air TV on a more regular basis.  But our level and below, who would honestly miss it?  Is anyone really enjoying watching a one camera feed of bang average football in a sterile stadium every Saturday?  Does any slight enjoyment outweigh the risks?
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
GollyGTFC
January 11, 2021, 11:04am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Then you've got the people of Marine turning out to watch a Spurs coach with tinted windows arrive at the ground.

If we're talking banning avoidable touching then you have to stop the game full stop.  It's pissing in the wind having sides coming out of separate tunnels if they're then huffing, puffing and sweating next to each other for 90 minutes.

We're supposed to be in bloody lockdown.  Yet we've got 'elite' sports teams travelling the length and breadth of the country, putting more and more people at risk.  Sadly I understand the need for the Premier League to finish simply because of the financial implications on it.  I think it stinks that money is talking so loud and dictating.  There's the potential to argue that keeping it going is a distraction for many, especially if they actually came through with this and put it on Free To Air TV on a more regular basis.  But our level and below, who would honestly miss it?  Is anyone really enjoying watching a one camera feed of bang average football in a sterile stadium every Saturday?  Does any slight enjoyment outweigh the risks?

I cheerfully disagree. Football should continue. But with tightened up rules and punishments for disobeying rules.

Face masks compulsory at all times for everyone apart from the 22 players on the pitch and 3 on pitch officials.

No hand shaking or hugging after the game.

And plenty of people would miss football terribly if their team wasn’t playing.

It pains me that I can’t attend matches. I haven’t been to BP since 29th February 2020 and not seen Town play in person since 7th March 2020 at Scunny.

Those 6 months of nothingness from the Scunthorpe game to the Morecambe League Cup game were painful to me and lots of Town fans. If we give up now then it’s another 7 GTFC-less months. No thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Northern Premier League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.