5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
January 30, 2021, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I was out of my chair... screaming out loud when we scored the elation was unreal... seconds later I was in shock.... then the anger set in...now I'm sat here finishing my beer and feeling somewhat depressed by it all... somebody wake me up in May when all this excrement is done.... dont think I can watch any more games...  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
pontoonlew
January 30, 2021, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
I’ve not felt like this after a game before, even after Bristol Rovers.

Absolutely stunned and cannot see a way back. Wish we’d not bothered scoring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Hagrid
January 30, 2021, 6:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Yanno what i agree, i wish we hadnt scored. That second goal and the lead up has really hurt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
January 30, 2021, 6:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from gary_elton
I was out of my chair... screaming out loud when we scored the elation was unreal... seconds later I was in shock.... then the anger set in...now I'm sat here finishing my beer and feeling somewhat depressed by it all... somebody wake me up in May when all this excrement is done.... dont think I can watch any more games...  

you should of finished the beer before kick off, it helps.
Reply: 23 - 47
ginnywings
January 30, 2021, 6:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Not as bothered as I should be. Been slowly losing my love for GTFC over the last 2 to 3 years. Was elated when we got back in the league, but we just never pushed on as we should.

Lost a lot of my emotional attachment to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
arryarryarry
January 30, 2021, 6:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Whilst we played what appeared better than recently in the first half with a couple of decent shots, we were pitiful in the second half, until we scored we hadn't troubled their defence.

So far there has been no real improvement under Paul Hurst even starting a game with only 2 Holloway signings.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
headingly_mariner
January 30, 2021, 7:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
It was not a good day today and it’s going to make it more difficult looking at the fixtures.

There is still time for us to drag others into it. I really believe we will improve, really like the look of Matete and we managed to score from open play today.  

I expect a couple of signings before Monday and a much better February. We are not adrift and if we are in this position with 5 games to go I will be a lot less confident.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Plankton
January 30, 2021, 7:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It was not a good day today and it’s going to make it more difficult looking at the fixtures.

There is still time for us to drag others into it. I really believe we will improve, really like the look of Matete and we managed to score from open play today.  

I expect a couple of signings before Monday and a much better February. We are not adrift and if we are in this position with 5 games to go I will be a lot less confident.

Headingly, I can objectively see what you're saying and agree. However, in my heart, we've been here before and we're hitting the panic button as we're in such a terrible state, it's shades of 2010 all over again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
headingly_mariner
January 30, 2021, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Plankton

Headingly, I can objectively see what you're saying and agree. However, in my heart, we've been here before and we're hitting the panic button as we're in such a terrible state, it's shades of 2010 all over again.

I know it‘s hard to agree at the minute but I don’t think we are as bad as in 2010. We now know it was much worse than we thought even though there are real similarities.

Woodsy got us playing towards the end but it was too late even though we took it to the last game. I expect Hurst to turn our form round quicker, if that happens we have a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
RonMariner
January 30, 2021, 7:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I know it‘s hard to agree at the minute but I don’t think we are as bad as in 2010. We now know it was much worse than we thought even though there are real similarities.

Woodsy got us playing towards the end but it was too late even though we took it to the last game. I expect Hurst to turn our form round quicker, if that happens we have a chance.

Yes, have to agree. At least with Hurst he will not stand for ill discipline and a drinking culture and will at least get the players putting in a decent shift. But we still lack quality and experience in key areas and have too many error prone players..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lowest I've felt since we got back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.