7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
January 30, 2021, 11:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
This league is absolute shite and on their day anyone can beat anyone. Take things game by game and with a bit of fighting spirit it might just be doable. Hurst and his team work best when they are underdogs.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
Norseman
January 30, 2021, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Except town never seem to have that day. It seems the teams we play have it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
arryarryarry
January 30, 2021, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Numanoid
Oh well, if we do go down we might have a decent season for a change !(better than this shite year after year)always the optimist eh ?

I cannot believe any true GTFC  fan may even suggest we might be better off in the National League, we could be there for years.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
arryarryarry
January 30, 2021, 11:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from davmariner
This league is absolute shite and on their day anyone can beat anyone. Take things game by game and with a bit of fighting spirit it might just be doable. Hurst and his team work best when they are underdogs.

I'm not sure Ipswich fans would agree with you.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
arryarryarry
January 30, 2021, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

We were going down before he stepped in the door.
I'm no fan of PH(didn't want him back) but I know he is trying his hardest to turn this Holloway/Fenty mess around.
When Holloway came to the club all he had to do was get the players we had a bit more organised because we had some decent players where as Hurst had nothing and has had to bring in player and hope they will hit the ground running which has not happened.
Like I said im no fan of PH but I will stick with him and yes give him a 'free pass' he deserves it for taking on Fentys sloppy seconds.

I don't get comments like this. Are you suggesting Paul Hurst was the only manager/ex manager that would be trying their hardest to keep us up.

So far there has been no improvement in fact the Scuntrhorpe game was one of the worst this season and that cannot continue otherwise we could be relegated long before the season ends.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
January 30, 2021, 11:58pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Having been through it before, as much as it is something we all don't want to go through again, the sad reality is that we are just that little bit more hardened to it this time(non league football). Last time it was awful, an insult the end of the world. It felt bad, really bad. None of us knew how to cope, knew how to deal with it. I became a supporter of a new club, " Grimsby Town, Grimsby Town ". That's because i got fed up of having to repeat which team i supported twice in every conversation with a " plastic " fan of pick a premier league team brigade, who would say after my first response of " Grimsby Town "... WHO?.  This time(there is still chance it wont, for various reasons) if it happens, i personally know it will for me not be as bad. I had some of my best times as a supporter since the glory days of the late nineties, following Town in non league. It was fun in so many ways and those trips to Wembley on the way back to league football, were some of the best ever Town days out. So i know we are all drunk off beyond belief at the way the club has been run by Milk Tray Man, but F**k him. We have a new dawn(please God) on the horizon and in the words of The Chumba wumba song " We get knocked down, we get up again, were the famous Grimsby Town". UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Mariner_09
January 31, 2021, 12:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I’m genuinely terrified what the consequences will be when we go down. Last time it was a novelty, there was something fun and intriguing about Ebbslfeet and Boreham Wood. That’s all gone if we go down again.

If we’re ever allowed back in the grounds again, at this rate it won’t be this year, then the atmospheres will be toxic. It took so much effort to get out of that league and we have just repeated the same mistakes over again with equally predictable outcomes. Doing everything on the cheap being the primary one. We will have battle fatigue when we’re back down, I could honestly see the club sinking further and further. I can’t really express or even comprehend how I feel about it all at the moment. I’m that angry, upset and despairing at what’s been allowed to come of our great club. All of it totally avoidable.

It was the most Grimsby Town thing ever the way we dealt with Covid. I can’t believe I’ve been lectured for umpteen years on how well run we are, how financially stable we are and then when a sound financial footing should give you an opportunity to exploit that we inevitably flounder and go backwards like I’ve never seen before.

We all blame Holloway and it’s right we do but Covid clauses have Fenty penny pinching written all them. Quite frankly we deserve to go down painful as it is to say.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
Shipwrecked In Gainsborough
January 31, 2021, 12:42am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +248
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Mariner_09
I’m genuinely terrified what the consequences will be when we go down. Last time it was a novelty, there was something fun and intriguing about Ebbslfeet and Boreham Wood. That’s all gone if we go down again.

If we’re ever allowed back in the grounds again, at this rate it won’t be this year, then the atmospheres will be toxic. It took so much effort to get out of that league and we have just repeated the same mistakes over again with equally predictable outcomes. Doing everything on the cheap being the primary one. We will have battle fatigue when we’re back down, I could honestly see the club sinking further and further. I can’t really express or even comprehend how I feel about it all at the moment. I’m that angry, upset and despairing at what’s been allowed to come of our great club. All of it totally avoidable.

It was the most Grimsby Town thing ever the way we dealt with Covid. I can’t believe I’ve been lectured for umpteen years on how well run we are, how financially stable we are and then when a sound financial footing should give you an opportunity to exploit that we inevitably flounder and go backwards like I’ve never seen before.

We all blame Holloway and it’s right we do but Covid clauses have Fenty penny pinching written all them. Quite frankly we deserve to go down painful as it is to say.

Mate, it ain't nowhere near as bad as it used to be. The way the leagues operate now is TOTALLY different to how it was back in the 20th Century. Back then, a committee of chairman decided your fate. A team could have won what would now be called The National league by 20 pts and still be denied entry to The Football League. Nowadays, as long as you meet a few mainly ground safety requirements, promotion back if you win it, is guaranteed. I see the National league nowadays as just another tier of football. A drop down isn't the life sentence it once was. Take my local non league club where i live now " Gainsborough Trinity ". On several occasions during the 20 century they won what is now called the National League and were eligible for promotion to the Football league(and most of us nowadays would accept it as a given), but not back then. They were denied entry because...well..they just were'nt sexy enough at the time. Can you begin to imagine how that must have felt for the supporters of the "other" GTFC?. At least nowadays we know what we have got to do to get back. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Mayaman
January 31, 2021, 1:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Mariner_09
4 points off safety, the team above us have 2 games in hand and taken 1 point from 3 of our closest rivals. We deserve to be relegated. I hope Holloway is satisfied with himself.

No come on.  He left us in a better position than when he came. I'm not sure how, but isn't he always right?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
Plankton
January 31, 2021, 1:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from davmariner

Are you fed by tube courtesy of Fenty? Because you talk a lot of excrement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.