1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Zmariner
January 31, 2021, 12:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
I was pondering supporting if we go down.
For my part I will say that I won't go but I am likely to go but with a caveat.
I would not renew a season ticket though as if we are not in the running I do not want to feel compelled to go.
I would go to most games if we are doing well but on a cold winters day with nothing to play for against the smaller teams I am unlikely to go.
It is the problem of non league again too quickly , the novelty has just gone and I hated the cup games even the first time.
In the EFL I will just keep going as it interests me much more. I fear there will be a lot like me and this is the danger for the future of the club. Simply too bad for too long,
As for Hurst he needs longer but clearly if we see no pick up soon he could not start next season. I rate him though and there is some improvement there for sure.
He has 20 games to create a team that knows how to win.
utm
Logged Online
Private Message
MarinerWY
January 31, 2021, 12:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Getting rid of Hurst would be bloody stupid. Restart the merry go round of managers once more, with the exciting prospect of managing a conference team likely to attract all the calibre.

This is not his mess, and no manager is a miracle worker. He's been in charge 5 games and inherited an absolute shitshow, yes we have no time but no manager can wave a magic wand and suddenly make square pegs fit in round holes.

I still think we have done well to bring in players at this time and with 20 games left I have some hope.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
RonMariner
January 31, 2021, 1:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,818
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Zmariner

He has 20 games to create a team that knows how to win.
utm

He has a one day transfer window and at best another four games to start winning consistently or else we are doomed.

Whether we survive or not, I think he will look to build a new squad in the summer. Many of our best players are loanees who will return to their clubs. Most of the rest are not good enough for L2.  Maybe some are ok for NL, but not that many.

I think the starting line up will look very very different next season regardless of which league we are in.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Support in the national league

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.