Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 138 Guests

Mariners Trust AGM

This thread currently has 13,921 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
February 12, 2021, 4:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
My perception of the Trust is it members are predominately male, pale and stale,perhaps a first step would be to examine your membership by demographics such as age range,gender,and ethnicity.This would be the first step to identify where you need to increase your coverage.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 166
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 12, 2021, 4:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

This movement will continue and gather pace as younger members of society mature because they have never known another way.

I often wonder what the average age of a Town fan is compared with the average age of posters on here.

I sneak into the Millennial / Gen Y band but am fortunate to be old enough to remember Buckley’s first attempt at creating perfection and His second coming.

Lots of posters mention that their kids and grandkids are brought up as Town fans but I often wonder, with all the modern distractions and the twenty years of (mostly) abject failure, whether there are enough sub 35 year olds to carry the club into the future.

None of this is meant as a slight on our wonderful and loyal older support (and forum members) but it is the young supporters that will need to continue to drive the club forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 166
realist
February 12, 2021, 5:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
The Trust won't move forward until they get rid of Rutter. He is a busybody with his fingers in too many pies
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 166
malkamalka
February 12, 2021, 5:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +150
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from barralad

Speaking as a Trust Board member we know that we've had trouble with our communication over the years. We know have a new Membership system which allows easy communication with members at the touch of a button. We still have a significant proportion of our members who do not use emails or social media strange though that may seem. The feedback we have received thus far is broadly supportive of our efforts to improve. In line with a huge number of other organisations we want our own website to be the primary source of contact. This backed with the aforementioned platforms means we reach huge numbers of people. The fact is that usually within an hour of any communication from us a thread posted by someone appears on here.

Am I reading this correctly? You don't want to use a fans web site because you want your own site to be the primary source? How dismal is that? Then you say others post your communications on here anyway.

Is that them doing your job for you? How long does it take to post on this Forum? That's if you want to reach potential new members of course!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 166
Bigdog
February 12, 2021, 5:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from SteffiMariner

I think he just uses any excuse to beat the Trust with.

That's unfair, it's constructive criticism in the hope that the Trust can improve. As Barra could confirm I offered my services upon joining the Trust three years ago. Was put off by not even getting even an acknowledgement of joining and didn't like the direction the Trust was heading at that time, too aligned with the GTFC boardroom, but even today, I still care enough to promote the upcoming AGM on here, and want the Trust to be the best it can possibly be..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 166
barralad
February 12, 2021, 5:58pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127

I wanted to offer a bit of advice, genuinely in an attempt to help the Trust. I work for a global organisation and part of my job is communication and engagement. You say in your post 'we want our own website to be the primary source of contact' and that you use Twitter and Facebook as well. Because of the growth of social media etc, large organisations have learned (or are learning) that the consumer/customer calls the shots about how they want to be communicated with and anybody who wants to engage with them has to go and find them. This movement will continue and gather pace as younger members of society mature because they have never known another way.

The Trust should be using this forum because it's full of your 'customers'.

At the time of writing this thread had had just shy of 400 views. The thread on the National League has had about 60,000 views. I would be very surprised if the Trust's website has had 60,000+ hits in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for the contribution. I believe you make some interesting points.
I have an issue with "hits" in that I alone have been in and out of this thread at least a dozen times.  It is difficult to quantify numbers when there are new contributions to be read. In terms of us posting information on our platforms we wont be adding to it. There are very few comments made, yet across the platforms we've had well over 4000 hits in two days.
The other point I'd make is that I'm not at all sure that the bulk of members of this forum fall into the category that you think we should be "chasing" in terms of generation.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 166
TownSNAFU5
February 12, 2021, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
The last few (helpful) replies that I have had on Trust matters have been from women.   Not a male in sight.  ( Referring to an assumption made above that the Trust is mostly run by men).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 166
friskneymariner
February 12, 2021, 6:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The last few (helpful) replies that I have had on Trust matters have been from women.   Not a male in sight.  ( Referring to an assumption made above that the Trust is mostly run by men).

Read what I said ,I said it is a perception,not a reality.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 166
Bigdog
February 12, 2021, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from barralad

I have an issue with "hits" in that I alone have been in and out of this thread at least a dozen times.  It is difficult to quantify numbers when there are new contributions to be read. In terms of us posting information on our platforms we wont be adding to it. There are very few comments made, yet across the platforms we've had well over 4000 hits in two days.
The other point I'd make is that I'm not at all sure that the bulk of members of this forum fall into the category that you think we should be "chasing" in terms of generation.

In two days your Twitter post has had three likes, one retweet and zero comments. Within two hours on here there have been nearly twenty posts. One it should tell you about interactivity levels with either audience and also by using the GTFC hashtag the window of visibility is so much shorter. For the sake of two minutes I find it bizarre that the Trust won't add The Fishy to its marketing base. It's the premier (only) GTFC fan's forum, the fans you represent, young or old, you should be as broad a church as possible. Not posting on here and the reasoning behind it is the sort of thinking that makes me want to pull my hair out and back up my present feelings that the Trust is never going to be the driving force that everyone wants it to be..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 166
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 12, 2021, 6:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,311
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from barralad

'Hits' is a standard way of measuring the effectiveness of your communication - in commercial terms it's about how many opportunities you have to sell something or get your information read.

I'm utterly confused by your comment about "chasing" members of this forum. Your raison d'etre is to represent the interests of Grimsby Town supporters. This board is full of Grimsby Town supporters. It is almost uniquely Grimsby Town Supporters (plus a small band of interlopers). This forum is like shooting fish in a barrel for the Trust.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 166
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust AGM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.