12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
March 8, 2021, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
thought i'd start this ( as most seem to have accepted our fate), so that we could keep up to date with the goings on in the Non League hell that awaits

can be both on the pitch and off the pitch stuff.

On the pitch Sutton are looking good for the automatic promotion place, as Torquay implode due to their horrendous injury list. Wouldn't be unhappy to see that as Torquay is always a fun weekend away and Sutton is just horrible to get to

Off the field various clubs are in danger of getting themselves into a pickle financially .We've heard about Kings Lynn and Wealdstone becoming worried, whilst Halifax were forced into taking out a loan. The latest is Borehamwood, who seemed to be 1 of the better run outfits, but even they have got big problems

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/sport-england-say-no/

the other issue worth keeping an eye on is the possibility of  Tier 2 national League, made up of the 18-20 clubs at that level who want to play on. That means there may still be some  clubs relegated from the Nnational League

https://www.eastbourneherald.c.....gue-division-3154538
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
March 8, 2021, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
In these uncertain tmes i wouldnt look too far ahead in anything football related. Whilst football in the top 5 tiers may limp over the line this season ....i still dont see next season being a great improvement , really cant see full houses being allowed by August so i would think next season may even be a challenge for some teams.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 112
pontoonlew
March 8, 2021, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from moosey_club
In these uncertain tmes i wouldnt look too far ahead in anything football related. Whilst football in the top 5 tiers may limp over the line this season ....i still dont see next season being a great improvement , really cant see full houses being allowed by August so i would think next season may even be a challenge for some teams.

Sounds harsh but any team (aside from the ones who voted void) now only have themselves to blame for any financial hardship and they’ll have to live with those consequences. No sympathy from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 112
Mikey_345
March 8, 2021, 3:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Would rather see Sutton stay in the NL. They’re about 5 minutes from my house!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 112
arryarryarry
March 8, 2021, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from moosey_club

I agree, I know the NL are continuing at the moment but if there is another covid explosion next season and fans are barred from attending matches they may well end up voiding next season which would be a nightmare for us should we go down as we would be condemned to at least another season there.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 112
forza ivano
March 8, 2021, 3:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from arryarryarry

I agree, I know the NL are continuing at the moment but if there is another covid explosion next season and fans are barred from attending matches they may well end up voiding next season which would be a nightmare for us should we go down as we would be condemned to at least another season there.

difficult to see another covid explosion/lockdown when 95-99% of the u.k. adults will be fully vaccinated and plans are already in hand for an autumn/winter booster jab.
They are already planning for half capacity events in the summer ( the 4000 limit mentioned would, i'm sure, be sufficient for us in the short term)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 112
kafunanapar140909
March 8, 2021, 4:27pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from forza ivano
The latest is Borehamwood, who seemed to be 1 of the better run outfits, but even they have got big problems

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/sport-england-say-no/

That is one heck of a slap in the face for Boreham Wood. They seem to be being penalised for being a well run club!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 112
kafunanapar140909
March 8, 2021, 4:31pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from forza ivano
the other issue worth keeping an eye on is the possibility of  Tier 2 national League, made up of the 18-20 clubs at that level who want to play on. That means there may still be some  clubs relegated from the National League

https://www.eastbourneherald.c.....gue-division-3154538

I'm also not entirely sure how they can start a new 18-club "National League 2" at this stage of the season without compromising the National League's sporting integrity.

(Though arguably, with the nonsense that has been this season, they have already lost their integrity!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 112
Swansea_Mariner
March 8, 2021, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Quelle surprise Boreham Wood, they've got themselves in a right pickle there. I've got little sympathy unfortunately as they had the opportunity to void the season and limit their debt and didn't take it. Given that they'd already been stitched up it's a case of Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 112
RichMariner
March 8, 2021, 4:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
It's just a horrible mess in general.

The National League has a duty to look after and protect its member clubs. It just doesn't feel like they're doing that. They wrote their own get-out clause by putting it to a vote, so they can shift the blame and responsibility onto those clubs who voted to continue the season.

If it all goes mammaries up and a couple of clubs go bust, well, ain't nothing to do with us, gov. It was their decision, not ours.

There's been no responsibility or leadership from the National League board at any point. It was probably them who cocked up in the first place and failed to gain clarity on what form the money would arrive (loans or grants) although, where this government is involved, I don't want to absolve them of the blame either.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 112
12 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League News & Updates

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.