Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 142 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 6,541 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 9, 2021, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Gutted, thought we played well tonight but we just couldn't get it over the line could we.

Blame who you want but I thought Carlisle were the worst team we have played all season, you can see why they are on such a poor run of form.

Gutted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
March 9, 2021, 9:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,486
Gold Stars: 537
Well what can you say, hope that kills you, we’re fools for thinking otherwise?
Feel so sorry for the 11 out there tonight who to a man showed fight desire and belief. We had a perfectly good goal ruled out but kept going and deserved our lead.
The 2 front men and 2 centre backs were superb. And Carlisle didnt threaten

Enter stoppage time.

I think arryarry posted why take Lamy off- he was copulated. Couldnt run. No qualms on that one.
Waterfall substition, im gonna say i get it. 4 mins left. Away from home, shut up shop. All teams do it. What we did was invite pressure from a very poor side and i could punch waterfall. Ducked out the way, cost us 3 points. The final nail in the coffin. Because the lads will be devastated, they deserved more.

Im gutted but not how i usually am, im almost resigned to the inevitable, last minute equalisers ( waterfall Stevenage .....) and the goal from the corner. We arent meant to be

Proud of the lads efforts and PH for me got it spot on. Can i see why he will have his critics for the way it ended. Yes i can. But for me he did what most teams in our position would do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
arryarryarry
March 9, 2021, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
Well what can you say, hope that kills you, we’re fools for thinking otherwise?
Feel so sorry for the 11 out there tonight who to a man showed fight desire and belief. We had a perfectly good goal ruled out but kept going and deserved our lead.
The 2 front men and 2 centre backs were superb. And Carlisle didnt threaten

Enter stoppage time.

I think arryarry posted why take Lamy off- he was copulated. Couldnt run. No qualms on that one.
Waterfall substition, im gonna say i get it. 4 mins left. Away from home, shut up shop. All teams do it. What we did was invite pressure from a very poor side and i could punch waterfall. Ducked out the way, cost us 3 points. The final nail in the coffin. Because the lads will be devastated, they deserved more.

Im gutted but not how i usually am, im almost resigned to the inevitable, last minute equalisers ( waterfall Stevenage .....) and the goal from the corner. We arent meant to be

Proud of the lads efforts and PH for me got it spot on. Can i see why he will have his critics for the way it ended. Yes i can. But for me he did what most teams in our position would do

Morais was copulated from the start, Lamy was still a worry for their defence.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
Madeleymariner
March 9, 2021, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 51
Centre mid on for left winger, centre half on for winger he had already worked out he would go 532 at the end, 15 mins before he did with the Clifton sub. Negative,negartive negative
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
RonMariner
March 9, 2021, 9:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,822
Gold Stars: 226
As others have said. Carlisle were absolute flipping shite.

But good enough to draw against us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
arryarryarry
March 9, 2021, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from RonMariner
As others have said. Carlisle were absolute flipping shite.

But good enough to draw against us.

Have to agree as do many of their fans.

I still believe PH got the substitutions wrong and we should have won.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
Hagrid
March 9, 2021, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Oh we should have won comfortably. Admittedly idk how there player missed the Open goal when his header was saved and that i think made PH bring on waterfall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
bradzmilne
March 9, 2021, 9:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 30
A truly numbing end to what was a very industrial performance.

Did we drop too deep, too early? Probably.
Should Waterfall have come on?  Probably not.

And there is so many other questions that could be asked but ultimately hindsight is a wonderful thing and emotions are still very raw so the last thing anyone needs to be doing right now is playing the blame game.

We need to lick our wounds and do it very quickly. A point away from home against Carlisle is not a result that will get us relegated and if we win Saturday, 4 points is a good week.

The fear has to be the implications that such a late goal has on the players morale but if we continue to show that fight, desire and commitment maybe we’re not dead yet.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
pontoonlew
March 9, 2021, 9:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Hurst to blame again, why on earth does he never learn? Oh well, it’s a point I guess and one we’d have taken at 7pm.

Hewitt is great at CB, Lamy & Matete add real quality. Front two good but aside from his goal, LJL could’ve offered a bit more for me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
Hagrid
March 9, 2021, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Yeah i’ll give special mention to Hewitt who i thought was excellent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.