DB
March 12, 2021, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Tommy
The optimist in me says Colchester might be our best chance of swapping places with a team above to bottom 2 places.

If we beat them tomorrow and then win the game in hand we have over them, the gap would be down to 5 points.

BIG "if" I know. But can't bring myself to throw in the towel yet.

Well said. We might be on the ropes but not down on the canvas. Keep the towel in your hand we're staying up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 99
oochiad
March 12, 2021, 10:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
I’m with DB, it’s not over until the maths says so and I saw enough on Tuesday to think we are improving. UTM! I just can’t throw the towel in yet, it’s much better for my mental health to be positive.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 99
Marinerdeano
March 12, 2021, 11:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from DB

So who is?

Well, there are three teams who we have games in hand over and have to play. Also DB I am with you on the positivity, even if the worst happens we will always have our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 99
RonMariner
March 12, 2021, 11:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,849
Gold Stars: 230
It's not yet mathematically certain that we are going down, but I think we have to face reality. It's not being disloyal to say that you expect us to go down. I have supported Town since 1971 through thick and thin (or thin and thin as Phil Ball once famously remarked!). I love the club. But I am a realist. Optimism is one thing, but to deny the inevitable in the face of all of the evidence to the contrary is delusional.

We might well win tomorrow. But it's too little too late. We have had at least six winnable games recently based on the poor form shown by our opponents going into the match. (Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle, Crawley, Orient, and FGR). They have yielded just 4 points. You could well add the Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Southend games to that list since the New year. We got just 1 point from those three games.

We are 8 points adrift of safety with 14 game left. We have earned 9 points from our last 14 games. Just don't see how we will suddenly start preforming like play off contenders..        
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 99
RonMariner
March 12, 2021, 11:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,849
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from oochiad
I’m with DB, it’s not over until the maths says so and I saw enough on Tuesday to think we are improving. UTM! I just can’t throw the towel in yet, it’s much better for my mental health to be positive.....

It's the hope that kills you though......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 99
DB
March 12, 2021, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner
It's not yet mathematically certain that we are going down, but I think we have to face reality. It's not being disloyal to say that you expect us to go down. I have supported Town since 1971 through thick and thin (or thin and thin as Phil Ball once famously remarked!). I love the club. But I am a realist. Optimism is one thing, but to deny the inevitable in the face of all of the evidence to the contrary is delusional.

We might well win tomorrow. But it's too little too late. We have had at least six winnable games recently based on the poor form shown by our opponents going into the match. (Stevenage, Newport, Carlisle, Crawley, Orient, and FGR). They have yielded just 4 points. You could well add the Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Southend games to that list since the New year. We got just 1 point from those three games.

We are 8 points adrift of safety with 14 game left. We have earned 9 points from our last 14 games. Just don't see how we will suddenly start preforming like play off contenders..        

I'm with you Ron but I started about 1958. Apart from the the maths I would ask every genuine supporter in good times and bad one question. When was the last time you went to BP and said, or heard, ' How many will we lose by'?

We go there to witness a victory. On here it is all so easy to be pessimistic behind a keyboard but face to face it's different. So that's where I'm coming from.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 99
ginnywings
March 13, 2021, 12:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Has a feeling of inevitability about it doesn't it? Other teams seem capable of putting together a bit of a run and we just don't. Recently, we have had many winnable games against other struggling sides and we can't win them. We're just not good enough in both boxes and we also seem to be on the wrong end of every decision at the moment.

!4 games to go and we could still get out of it, but it's looking increasingly unlikely with every round of games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 99
denni266
March 13, 2021, 5:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Not a hope in hells chance we will stay up  . that went up the chimnea back in august
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 99
Rick12
March 13, 2021, 6:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from DB

Well said. We might be on the ropes but not down on the canvas. Keep the towel in your hand we're staying up.
Reminds me of the Rocky films when I read that 🥊 👍

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 99
Vance Warner
March 13, 2021, 7:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,829
Gold Stars: 106
The last time I watched a game at Walsall was the start of the season when we had a team than was hardly fit enough to stand up after 70 minutes. We were told at the time that it was down to Covid but we now now it was penny pinching by the board and rubbish management by Eric Bristow. The damage had already been done by that point which is worth remembering when apportioning blame for our plight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonights Barrow Game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.