Guest User
Will be back again UTM ❤️ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXtw7pK_F1Y
Les Brechin
March 14, 2021, 8:28am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
I was a big fan and friends with Illustrious back in the day. Used to go watch them all over the area and further afield a few times. A shame they didn't make it big.

I still see Jamie and Mike occasionally at Town games down South as both live down there now.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
cmackenzie4
March 14, 2021, 8:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I was brought up with Jamie (he lived down Crosby road) he was a nice lad, I knew Lee (his brother) very well back in the early 80’s.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
Les Brechin
March 14, 2021, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I was brought up with Jamie (he lived down Crosby road) he was a nice lad, I knew Lee (his brother) very well back in the early 80’s.

They're a nice family. Jamie had an older brother Shaun too. At one time his Mum and Dad ran a pizza/kebab place down Cambridge Road.

Last time I saw Jamie and Mike was at Barnet a few years ago when the mariachi band was there. Not seen them recently though but with the amount of London area teams in The National League, I'm sure I'll bump into them again next season. (Hopefully by then we'll be allowed to go again)

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 14, 2021, 10:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +880
Gold Stars: 123
OMFG

Thankyou a million times.

I remembered the group name as soon as I read it. I have been looking for a song of theirs for about 25 years. I was working at BP when they played a quick set at halftime during one match in 1993.

A few years later I forgot the group name but still could remember the tune, but not the words, so could never search for it.

BUT

I have now found it, watched the video and noticed that in the video, there are shots of the ground from the match they appeared at,as there were cameras all over the ground filming.

https://youtu.be/QnB37VfduGw
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Good Days

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.