TAGG
March 17, 2021, 9:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DB
Barrow are 8 points and a game in hand. Tonight was not a success. If we were  mid table a different story, but were not.  

I know what you mean but in all this blackness I'm trying to find a bit of light.
We have been solid and played some good football at times.
Ye just never know if we can get a win at the weekend it start us on a run to get us out of this excrement were in.
Got to grab on to something because this is driving me mad.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
Madeleymariner
March 17, 2021, 9:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Played really well second half and really dug in, matete and coke excellent but again lenny can't finish or we win that game, I see why Hurst bought him in but we need goals and he aint it.

Just all gonna be a little too late imo but the last few games we look harder to beat just cant finish for sh! t.

Offer to run round BP with a sausage up your @ss if he scores 10 goals this season then we will be well safe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
pontoonlew
March 17, 2021, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Jackson Jnr very good. All a bit too little too late.

LJL has cost us dearly in the past two games unfortunately, shame that wasn’t predictable before he signed...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
GrimRob
March 17, 2021, 9:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,451
Gold Stars: 115
Well staying up is mission impossible from where we are but at least let's keep the unbeaten run going!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 41
Belfast Town
March 17, 2021, 9:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,700
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Also I’d like to add that Jackson looks an asset wide. He’s been garbage up top but did really well wide tonight.

Thought Ira made the difference tonight. The game changed when he came on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
moosey_club
March 17, 2021, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Back four looked solid again after a tricky start and extended pressure first half , midfield duo compliment each other well and are forming a good partnership/ understanding even tonight were they were outnumbered they didnt get slaughtered , Lamy is growing in confidence, him and Clifton actually playing well together,

our problem is the quality around their box , sure people will point at LJL's miss, rightly so as it was a poor effort in reality.... but that was the only through pass into a strikers feet in the game , probably the first through ball of that type since Payne got his debut goal.  There are very few strikers...in fact there are none, that take every chance they get in a game and if you are only getting one chance per game then the odds are stacked.

For our improved second half there wasnt any significant increase in final quality , Lamy had plenty of crossing opportunities and failed with every one, every free kick we took we failed to create danger, every corner was poor, every "long" throw poor.  Not a single cross into the box for Hanson to get at.

Jackson certainly had a lively cameo, he is the unfinished article but he wants to get forward and is alive, some nice touches and he doesnt stand and admire them either, plays it and spins off.

An improvement of sorts but without quality set pieces, without that ruthless finisher we will need to create 5-6 good chances a game to stand a chance of scoring even one.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
MarshMariner
March 17, 2021, 9:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Belfast Town

Thought Ira made the difference tonight. The game changed when he came on

TBF I thought he did well in the previous game, in the short time he was on the pitch...  Deserves to start next match.. it may even push the opposition back with the added pace in our side..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
golfer
March 17, 2021, 9:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Offer to run round BP with a sausage up your @ss if he scores 10 goals this season then we will be well safe.

As long as he doesn't put it back in the fridge like last time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Zmariner
March 17, 2021, 9:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
At half-time I thought what a pitiful performanc Acceptd that tranmere have better players than we do and are certainly better drilled but the first half was shocking.
However the second half was way better and there are just a few players I would  like to see iretained for next season:
Hewitt, Meyanese, possibly Lammey, Matete could be tempted with the right offer. Jackson was excellent off the bench. Retain Clifton and Hendrie. Spokes looked promising earlier to me. Hanson paid on games played maybe. For me it was just a little shred of optimism in tonight, I accepted the relegation a long time ago
Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
Yoda
March 17, 2021, 9:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
I think we’ve turned the corner at last if we can get a couple of wins who knows.

Jackson needs to play every game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back ..from the kitchen

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.