Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Bunney (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 174 Guests

Joe Bunney (merged)

This thread currently has 16,112 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
March 20, 2021, 12:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Talking of Bobby Mitchell, I have actually seen him score, away at Rochdale on a Tuesday night. We were 2 down after 20 minutes, but we won 5-2. Those were the days!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 73
Limerick Mariner
March 20, 2021, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,747
Gold Stars: 138
There always had to be one player who felt the acerbic wit of the Barratt - Malcolm Partridge, Garry Liddell RIP, Bobby Mitchell, Kevin Kilmore, then later post Barratt - Phil Bonnyman and Scott McGarvey (deserved it). Who was it in the McMenemy team, - Hickman? Czuczman?, the latter certainly wasn't one of my dad's favourites...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 73
louth_in_the_south
March 20, 2021, 1:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,711
Gold Stars: 96
One of my earliest memories of going to town was Scott McGarvey trying to get at a fan in the lower after he gave him a load of grief 😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 73
mimma
March 20, 2021, 1:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Talking to Graham Rodger once about the old Barratts. He told me he was frightened of the Barratts and would try to keep away from it, and he was a Town player!
I think that Town players knew the unique nature and what it was all about being  a Barratt stander and accepted it as part of the Blundell Park 'experience '.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 73
RonMariner
March 20, 2021, 2:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,839
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from mimma
Talking of Bobby Mitchell, I have actually seen him score, away at Rochdale on a Tuesday night. We were 2 down after 20 minutes, but we won 5-2. Those were the days!

Yes, I was there. It was the game where the crowd changed ends at half time! Honestly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 73
essexexile
March 20, 2021, 2:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Stand out memories of the Barratts was abuse Ron Stocking got ‘you’re shocking Stocking’ and the adulation and compliments Johnny Scott got
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 73
RonMariner
March 20, 2021, 4:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,839
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from essexexile
Stand out memories of the Barratts was abuse Ron Stocking got ‘you’re shocking Stocking’ and the adulation and compliments Johnny Scott got

Before my time, but my Dad used to talk about him. Said he was one of the best town players ever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 73
KingstonMariner
March 20, 2021, 5:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Talking to Graham Rodger once about the old Barratts. He told me he was frightened of the Barratts and would try to keep away from it, and he was a Town player!
I think that Town players knew the unique nature and what it was all about being  a Barratt stander and accepted it as part of the Blundell Park 'experience '.

Graham Rodger wasn’t a Town player when the Barrett Stand was still there. Doubt he was even playing professionally then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 73
March 21, 2021, 8:30am
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I suppose like anything, a bit of balance in both directions is needed. Clearly trolling a player on his social media is bad. Having a moan on a members’ message board is a bit different. Sometimes it gets a bit OTT, especially in the heat of the moment on a match thread. But not all criticism has been overstepping the mark. The fact that occasionally a player has something serious going on in the background is not a factor people can always be expected to have in their mind when making a comment. So I wouldn’t go the other way and start beating ourselves up and putting on the sackcloth and ashes. Just a light hand in the tiller is usually enough. A little correction to our behaviour now and again.

So why don't they just stick to the facts.

Reply: 58 - 73
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2021, 1:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 123614

So why don't they just stick to the facts.

What do you mean?

We’re talking about people giving their opinions on players.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joe Bunney (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.