5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
March 21, 2021, 6:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,832
Gold Stars: 227
Most teams end their run of form against us. Admittedly it's normally poor form, but maybe Barrow's good form will come to an end on Tuesday?

I have nothing at all to back that up.  Just blind faith. (What a great band they were!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
ginnywings
March 21, 2021, 8:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,154
Gold Stars: 548
Are we even chasing Barrow anymore? More likely to catch Colchester than them now given their form. Still need a win mind, whoever we are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
TuckerJenkins
March 21, 2021, 10:13pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
We need to play with the gay abandon of condemned men. Throw caution to the wind, cast our worries aside, and wonderful things might happen.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 42
DB
March 21, 2021, 10:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Barrows recent form has to come to an end one day, so it might as well be against us. Hanson's out but we scored 2 goals without him and Menayese should be back. I can say with full confidence it's a win. We have to be optimistic in these dark and desperate times.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
KingstonMariner
March 21, 2021, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TuckerJenkins
We need to play with the gay abandon of condemned men. Throw caution to the wind, cast our worries aside, and wonderful things might happen.

Sounds like a song from a musical.

I can see it now. The new Broadway smash hit. About, Paul, a hardworking, buttoned-up man from the industrial rust belt of the Midwest, struggling to keep his ailing off-Broadway theatre company going, whilst paying the rent to miserly landlord Sheldon Fivestar and dreaming of angel investors.

Classic songs like Paul’s song to the chorus line ‘We got to keep us shape’, stage manager Sniffer Dawg’s ‘I know nuffink’, and Phil Coffer’s  ‘never mind the source, count the cash’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
Bigdog
March 22, 2021, 12:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
Are we even chasing Barrow anymore? More likely to catch Colchester than them now given their form. Still need a win mind, whoever we are playing.

This is our game in hand on those directly above us. If, and it's still a big if, we win it, and us Colchester and Southend maintain our form of the previous four games over the rest of the season, which for us was only four draws, four points out of twelve, we'll be three points ahead of Southend and only a couple behind Colchester. With Williams and Spokes throwing their hand in as additional options and looking up for the fight, three points on Tuesday could make the complexion of the relegation dogfight change from complete despair to grasping onto a little bit of realistic hope and reinvigoured fighting spirit. I'm not quite sure we're totally out of it yet, and Walsall are dropping like a stone too..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 42
lukeo
March 22, 2021, 7:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Putting aside the fact I'm a Grimsby fan and I'm desperate for us to win. Surely thhe neutrals who watch the FL want us to win to make it a tasty finish to the season. I'm confident, if he picks the right team that we can get a positive result  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
Humbercod
March 22, 2021, 8:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Amazing what can be done with a excrement football team with the right mindset! I’ve always said to be playing at a professional level then you’ve got to be a very good player. There is not that much between all 24 teams in this league as results of proven, this league for me is not about budgets, it’s all about good management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
jonnyboy82
March 22, 2021, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
A win and it could give us hope and a massive boost anything else its done and dusted and the club needs to sort itself out for national league next season.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
KingstonMariner
March 22, 2021, 2:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Barrow will be coming into this with bags of confidence. Not only their winning streak but getting goals late in games. They will know that if they just keep going they will get a result.

Hopefully they will be overconfident.

This could have been one of those ‘where you at...’ games if crowds were allowed.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barrow away Tuesday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.