Northbank Mariner
March 31, 2021, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from pontoonlew
Matete is a quality player, fantastic ball control and he's always willing to pick up the ball in any position and very rarely loses it when he does. He's brought out the best in Rose who has looked much better. I've no doubt in a better side he'd be able to get forward more often and we forget he's just turned 20 years old, he's playing far above his years at the minute.

My only criticism is that he's terrible in the tackle and possesses a weird centre of gravity, constantly looks like he's falling over which affects his tackling for me.

Aside from that, he's miles better than where we are at the minute and he'll no doubt have a fantastic career. Given the fact a fairly large portion of our fanbase didn't rate Siriki Dembele, I wouldn't be too worried if I was him and read that some fans didn't rate him, it's probably a good thing.

Couldn't disagree more re his tackling...he's superb at close quarters and 1 on 1 battles, very seldom does he not win the ball, what he does lack is composure when trying to tackle at pace, he lunges in far too often with little self control thus all his yellow cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
pontoonlew
March 31, 2021, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,091
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Couldn't disagree more re his tackling...he's superb at close quarters and 1 on 1 battles, very seldom does he not win the ball, what he does lack is composure when trying to tackle at pace, he lunges in far too often with little self control thus all his yellow cards.

Probably could've worded it better, I was more getting at the fact he seems to be a red card waiting to happen (although it still hasn't happened somehow).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
HarrogateMariner
March 31, 2021, 9:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I see Matete is expected to miss the Salford match through injury. With Habergham back, I expect Clifton will move into midfield. Will be interesting to see if Hurst sticks with 3 in the middle or goes 442.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2021, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from pontoonlew

Probably could've worded it better, I was more getting at the fact he seems to be a red card waiting to happen (although it still hasn't happened somehow).

Now that I do agree with, what's more with his mistimed lunges are more scared of him doing real damage to an opponent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matete

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.