DB
April 1, 2021, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.40
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GollyGTFC

And then add on his £975,000 of shares (£775,000 he paid for and £200,000 he extorted from the Trust by threatening to pull the plug on the club).

That's £2,525,000 before Fenty then demands you also buy the shares of people he's close to as part of the deal (Day, Chapman, Shut Up Marley etc...

Makes you realise why Shutes has had second thoughts.

So, we'd be paying for the shares he rightfully owns + £200,000 and then fully refunding all the money he personally wasted through mismanagement and overspending that he authorised.

So Fenty walks away with every single penny back plus £200,000 plus all the money his companies have received for doing work for the club when no effort was made to get quotes from alternative suppliers over the years.

And then the rumour is he wants to stick around in the background like a bad smell.

You wouldn't have to buy his shares as he owns less than half. Just vote him down at the AGM.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 4:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

First of all, it’s hilarious that you think that in excess of 3000 people are going to invest £500 each to raise over £1.5 million to buy a football club.

Secondly it’s hilarious that you think those 3,000 can actually afford to invest £500.

Thirdly, you are still about £1 million light.

Finally, and as I’ve already said, that just gets you the football club, and then as owners you’ve got to provide working capital in order to provide positive cashflow. An item you guys cannot read in a set of accounts.

DB you are starting to sound a bit embarrassing and clearly have no idea about mergers and acquisitions, business planning and business sustainability.

Frankly, the best anyone can hope for of the consortium takeover continues to crumble; is that John Fenty’s heart is still in supporting Grimsby Town FC and helping it to survive, until a viable alternative comes along one day. Because without him, you might actually be looking at a Phoenix project at a lower level than Cleethorpes Town, the likes of a Bury disaster.

If some took a picture of your brain it might look like this:-

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
GollyGTFC
April 1, 2021, 4:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,057
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from DB

You wouldn't have to buy his shares as he owns less than half. Just vote him down at the AGM.

So how many shares do you think you would have to buy and where from to be in a position to force Fenty out at an AGM/EGM despite his £975,000 / 40% shareholding?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 56
TAGG
April 1, 2021, 5:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DB

Take your point and have checked companies house. So the bar would have to be raised to £500 each, higher I know but it is the price to get rid of the sh!t that controls the club.

Long journeys start with the first step.
I will commit to £500 to this idea.
Take this as my word or a contract.
I am fuckin sick to death of all this, he has to go whatever it takes.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 1, 2021, 6:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from TAGG

Long journeys start with the first step.
I will commit to £500 to this idea.
Take this as my word or a contract.
I am fuckin sick to death of all this, he has to go whatever it takes.

Made the same proposal around Christmas time when the deal originally looked to have gone mammaries up and from memory Ginnywings, Kingston Mariner and myself were in for this but can’t remember if there were others. Despite the sceptics I think this is achievable but let’s hope it’s not required.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 6:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

So how many shares do you think you would have to buy and where from to be in a position to force Fenty out at an AGM/EGM despite his £975,000 / 40% shareholding?

You don't. If Fenty has 40% then 60% are with other shareholders, even allowing for Fenty friends there should be more than 50% who would vote against him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

First of all, it’s hilarious that you think that in excess of 3000 people are going to invest £500 each to raise over £1.5 million to buy a football club.

Secondly it’s hilarious that you think those 3,000 can actually afford to invest £500.

Thirdly, you are still about £1 million light.

Finally, and as I’ve already said, that just gets you the football club, and then as owners you’ve got to provide working capital in order to provide positive cashflow. An item you guys cannot read in a set of accounts.

DB you are starting to sound a bit embarrassing and clearly have no idea about mergers and acquisitions, business planning and business sustainability.

Frankly, the best anyone can hope for of the consortium takeover continues to crumble; is that John Fenty’s heart is still in supporting Grimsby Town FC and helping it to survive, until a viable alternative comes along one day. Because without him, you might actually be looking at a Phoenix project at a lower level than Cleethorpes Town, the likes of a Bury disaster.

Here's another scan of your brain :-

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
DB
April 1, 2021, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Made the same proposal around Christmas time when the deal originally looked to have gone mammaries up and from memory Ginnywings, Kingston Mariner and myself were in for this but can’t remember if there were others. Despite the sceptics I think this is achievable but let’s hope it’s not required.

I can only see something like this as a way out of the clutches of Fenty. If people do nothing or don't even try are they guilty of supporting Fenty. I don't think so, but to try and fail is better than doing nothing and accepting the situation as it is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
Cayman_mariner
April 1, 2021, 9:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3

There's definitely others Lincoln. I certainly know a few exiles like myself who aren't able to get to games regularly, but follow from afar and would certainly be willing to contribute. And these wouldn't be counted as part of the 3000 season ticket holders but additional people that would still be willing to help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
KingstonMariner
April 1, 2021, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I’m still in for that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Another Way

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.