This thread currently has 8,593 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
April 2, 2021, 9:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,604
Gold Stars: 175
It wouldn’t look dodgy if he hadn’t bent over for Salford in the reverse fixture too.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
RichMariner
April 2, 2021, 10:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
I know the calmer fans among us will claim he wasn't actually biased, just incompetent.

And normally I'm one of them. But on this occasion I think there was a bit of bias creeping in.

Firstly, imagine the fuss if, today, Salford had a goal disallowed; a player kicked in the head but no free kick; no penalty for the handball in the first half; no penalty for the shove on LJL; no free kick when Hanson was bundled over racing onto a long ball; no advantage played when through on goal...

Imagine if all those things went against Salford. With Neville, Scholes, Keane, whoever, sat in the stands, watching on, waiting to have their say on Sky Sports.

They have the power and the media presence to single out that referee and shame him, to the point where it could affect his confidence or even his career. And I'm sure he had that in the back of his mind.

I don't think he was a cheat. I just think he knew what outrage there would be if he overlooked anything that could be perceived a Salford free kick, hence why all 50/50 or even 60/40s in our favour went to them.

I'm glad he was brave enough and competent enough not to award them a penalty, but in the same breath he's bottled booking their player.

As for the offside shout, same principle at play. Imagine if the lino waved his flag only after the ball had gone in. There would have been utter chaos and a very unhappy Salford bench.

And an unhappy Salford bench, sadly, worried the referee a lot more than an unhappy Grimsby bench, and that I'm afraid was (and always will be) the difference whenever Salford play. They automatically put officials under pressure, before a ball has been kicked.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
ska face
April 2, 2021, 10:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
lmao absolute bent cúnt (the ref, not this guy).

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeyMcMahon/status/1378086699348193285

Can’t even be arsed with this season.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
Mikey_345
April 2, 2021, 10:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from ska face
lmao absolute bent cúnt (the ref, not this guy).

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeyMcMahon/status/1378086699348193285

Can’t even be arsed with this season.

Thanks Ska, glad you clarified.... I’m not that bad really 😂

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
LH
April 2, 2021, 10:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,604
Gold Stars: 175
He’ll use the altercation as the reason he needed to stop the game and then did intercourse all to break it up.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
ska face
April 2, 2021, 10:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Mikey_345

Thanks Ska, glad you clarified.... I’m not that bad really 😂

Happy to confirm Mikey is a good lad having met him away at Notts County, Easter Monday 12 years back. We almost shared a table at Spearmint Rhino.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Mikey_345
April 2, 2021, 10:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 108
Quoted from ska face

Happy to confirm Mikey is a good lad having met him away at Notts County, Easter Monday 12 years back. We almost shared a table at Spearmint Rhino.

Cheques in the post mate 👍

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
Mariner_501
April 2, 2021, 11:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Worst referee I have ever seen at any level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
HertsGTFC
April 2, 2021, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,997
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from RichMariner
I know the calmer fans among us will claim he wasn't actually biased, just incompetent.

And normally I'm one of them. But on this occasion I think there was a bit of bias creeping in.

Firstly, imagine the fuss if, today, Salford had a goal disallowed; a player kicked in the head but no free kick; no penalty for the handball in the first half; no penalty for the shove on LJL; no free kick when Hanson was bundled over racing onto a long ball; no advantage played when through on goal...

Imagine if all those things went against Salford. With Neville, Scholes, Keane, whoever, sat in the stands, watching on, waiting to have their say on Sky Sports.

They have the power and the media presence to single out that referee and shame him, to the point where it could affect his confidence or even his career. And I'm sure he had that in the back of his mind.

I don't think he was a cheat. I just think he knew what outrage there would be if he overlooked anything that could be perceived a Salford free kick, hence why all 50/50 or even 60/40s in our favour went to them.

I'm glad he was brave enough and competent enough not to award them a penalty, but in the same breath he's bottled booking their player.

As for the offside shout, same principle at play. Imagine if the lino waved his flag only after the ball had gone in. There would have been utter chaos and a very unhappy Salford bench.

And an unhappy Salford bench, sadly, worried the referee a lot more than an unhappy Grimsby bench, and that I'm afraid was (and always will be) the difference whenever Salford play. They automatically put officials under pressure, before a ball has been kicked.

I don’t know how true it was but I saw something on Twitter that said Keane was in the front row of the stand with the other ex Man U players sat behind him.

I just think having such big characters (gobs) that close to you in a tiny empty stadium must be difficult to block out but as a ref he must do that. Who knows with 1,000 plus away fans in there things may have been different.

You could see the ref was a soft @rse as he bottled giving Payne a 2nd yellow for clapping the decision to book him.

I usually say that refs know the rules but nothing about the game, I’m not sure this clown knew either.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
bawarmy
April 2, 2021, 11:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,021
Gold Stars: 33
Roy Keane is the biggest twit ever to grace football. He should have been removed from the sport forever  for finishing Haalands  career and bragging about it but ends up on sky talking bollox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Declan Bourne today’s ref

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.