This thread currently has 2,900 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 3, 2021, 1:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 201

One UK lottery player has won the £122m EuroMillions jackpot.

Please, please, please let it be a Town fanatic then all our problems are solved.

Crazy amount of money, what a life changer.

Can't be me, I don't do it  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
April 3, 2021, 1:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,276
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from promotion plaice

One UK lottery player has won the £122m EuroMillions jackpot.

Please, please, please let it be a Town fanatic then all our problems are solved.

Crazy amount of money, what a life changer.

Can't be me, I don't do it  

The good news it is a town fan, the bad news is his name is John Shelton Fenty.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
golfer
April 3, 2021, 1:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Fck Town - I'm going to get a seat next to Piers Morgan. P.S. I'll just buy you a new ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
grimsby pete
April 3, 2021, 1:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Read this and thought I would check my e mails.

Guess what I have got one from the lottery saying I have won a prize.

I don't know what to do with my 3-10p winnings.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
thefish
April 3, 2021, 2:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from grimsby pete
Read this and thought I would check my e mails.

Guess what I have got one from the lottery saying I have won a prize.

I don't know what to do with my 3-10p winnings.

Keep hold of it. The way we are going, you’ll be able to buy town with it in the near future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
KingstonMariner
April 3, 2021, 2:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It was me. Here’s what I’ll do. I’ll buy £800k worth of shares, lend the club another two million, and guarantee overdraft facilities of up to £300k.  As long as I get to call the shots of course. And as long as the support let’s trust give me another £200k worth of shares. And if any buggerwants to buy me out I’ll happily sell out after 18 years, no tyre kickers, and I’ll only want to stay on in a board capacity until I’m paid every penny back of the loan.

Oh, and I want use of the club’s website whenever I’ve ha a bit too much Lambrini and want to say a few words.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
moosey_club
April 4, 2021, 9:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,305
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It was me. Here’s what I’ll do. I’ll buy £800k worth of shares, lend the club another two million, and guarantee overdraft facilities of up to £300k.  As long as I get to call the shots of course. And as long as the support let’s trust give me another £200k worth of shares. And if any buggerwants to buy me out I’ll happily sell out after 18 years, no tyre kickers, and I’ll only want to stay on in a board capacity until I’m paid every penny back of the loan.

Oh, and I want use of the club’s website whenever I’ve ha a bit too much Lambrini and want to say a few words.

There really are some cranks on here, as if anybody would do that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
earwigo
April 4, 2021, 3:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +101
Ok Kingston that’s fine by me. As long as you pay for you and your pals drinks and meals when your at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
arryarryarry
April 4, 2021, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117

Don't forget to buy a new ladder so you can climb up and repair the main stand roof and floodlights when a bulb fails.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
aldi_01
April 4, 2021, 3:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

How are you at deconstructing flags held by small children?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
KingstonMariner
April 4, 2021, 4:58pm
Meths Drinker
Flag deconstruction, no problem.

Now you’ll see where that Fenty was an amateur. He’s missed opportunities to pull in more money from our loyal fanbase. We can get them to repair the stand roofs and change floodlight bulbs and pay for the privilege!

What we’ll do is market it as the chance to re-create great moments from Town’s history. Relive Exeter at home in 1972 and go up on the roof of the stand! Chesterfield away in 1990? Up the floodlight pylon. While they’re up there they can replace the bulbs.

We can also save on grounds maintenance costs. Fans can recreate Bournemouth away 2009 by carrying me around the pitch on their shoulders, and flatten all those divots at the same time.

I’ve got a deal with Nuttalls to keep their donkeys on the pitch on non-match days. They get free pasture and the pitch doesn’t need mowing, plus we get all that free fertiliser!

Finally, they can pay to play “scratch the non-chairman’s motor”. I’ll park the ex-wife’s car outside, put a sticker in the windscreen saying “£85,000” and Bob’s your uncle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
DB
April 4, 2021, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Flag deconstruction, no problem.

Now you’ll see where that Fenty was an amateur. He’s missed opportunities to pull in more money from our loyal fanbase. We can get them to repair the stand roofs and change floodlight bulbs and pay for the privilege!

What we’ll do is market it as the chance to re-create great moments from Town’s history. Relive Exeter at home in 1972 and go up on the roof of the stand! Chesterfield away in 1990? Up the floodlight pylon. While they’re up there they can replace the bulbs.

We can also save on grounds maintenance costs. Fans can recreate Bournemouth away 2009 by carrying me around the pitch on their shoulders, and flatten all those divots at the same time.

I’ve got a deal with Nuttalls to keep their donkeys on the pitch on non-match days. They get free pasture and the pitch doesn’t need mowing, plus we get all that free fertiliser!

Finally, they can pay to play “scratch the non-chairman’s motor”. I’ll park the ex-wife’s car outside, put a sticker in the windscreen saying “£85,000” and Bob’s your uncle.

You could also sell dart boards with your picture on, MUGS with fans pictures on for a tenner, and have fans queue up to have their programme signed by you @ £10 a pop. The opportunities are endless, you could make Fenty look like an amateur.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
KingstonMariner
April 4, 2021, 10:58pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

You could also sell dart boards with your picture on, MUGS with fans pictures on for a tenner, and have fans queue up to have their programme signed by you @ £10 a pop. The opportunities are endless, you could make Fenty look like an amateur.

As saviour and principal finder, actually scratch that, Saviour and Principal Funder (that will be my title) grateful fans will not want to throw darts at my photo.

They can, for a premium price (got to prove your loyalty) buy a car ride while I talk about which manager was a fruitcake, who did what to whom at the Christmas party and which players will get a pay cut at the end of the season. That’ll save the manager having that difficult conversation and the player’s form will drop off this proving what a good idea it was to cut his pay. Genius!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Please, please let it be a Town fanatic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.