11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
April 9, 2021, 8:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
So so ambitious. I mean let’s face it, we only stayed up a year longer last time because teams lost points...how embarrassing that we’re clutching those straws once again.

I’ve already come to terms with being non league. It’s been apparent that it’s been highly likely since before the season started really. We were horrifically underprepared and sat back and pretended we were alright...you reap what you sow...

We deserve to go down in fairness. Personally, offing Fenty would soften the blow somewhat...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 107
forza ivano
April 9, 2021, 5:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
if it is Oldham, then it makes their game tonight v Col U even more interesting/relevant.
Are we now hoping for a draw rather than an Oldham win?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 107
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 9, 2021, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from forza ivano
if it is Oldham, then it makes their game tonight v Col U even more interesting/relevant.
Are we now hoping for a draw rather than an Oldham win?

No on 2 counts:

1. It would make us like Hollowords and the Principle Funder - gambling on 'what might be'
2. If Oldham win then get docked 12 points it's another club sucked into the mire, they might panic and that's good for us.

But right now if Colchester lose and we win tomorrow we can all be a bit more optimistic on Saturday evening.

UTM

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 107
Posh Harry
April 9, 2021, 6:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,374
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I would say the most important thing for this club atm, isn't staying in the league
It's getting new owners IMO

I would rather start in non-league with these 2 guys, than league 2 with Fenty 100%

Completely agree.

We don’t know how a new regime will do things, but what we do know is that this club will never move forward with John Fenty at the helm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 107
KingstonMariner
April 9, 2021, 6:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If you gave me the choice right now, relegation with Fenty removed or staying in the League with him still here, and I’d pick the former.

Relegation is just a matter of time with him at the helm. At least change will give us the chance to break the cycle and move forwards.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 107
Limerick Mariner
April 9, 2021, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If you gave me the choice right now, relegation with Fenty removed or staying in the League with him still here, and I’d pick the former.

Relegation is just a matter of time with him at the helm. At least change will give us the chance to break the cycle and move forwards.

Yep, that's my view.

In the All time League table [url]http://alltimeleaguetable.co.uk/[/url], of the current football league clubs we are the furthest below our all-time ranking. Oldham are close and Bury, above us in the all-time. don't exist. Stockport and Wrexham are similar in number of hierarchy places below their all-time ranking. We've averaged 40 plus places below our all-time ranking for over the past 12 years. The stats don't lie...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 107
RichMariner
April 9, 2021, 10:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,165
Gold Stars: 211
Beyond the immediate elation of surviving relegation, I don't see what there is to look forward to if we stay in the FL and Fenty remains at the club. It'll just be more of the same.

Of course I want the club to be in the highest possible league, but if I had to accept relegation in order for Fenty to clear off then I would. As many others have said, our future is brighter, albeit a league lower, if Fenty is gone and Stockwood et al take over.

It feels like we can't look up while Fenty's here. We can never aspire to be higher than mid-table in division four, because that's the best we've achieved under Fenty (bar that Slade season, which looks more and more of an anomaly with every passing season).

Staying up AND the consortium taking over is the dream, really. It's possible — a win at Bradford will really help!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 106 - 107
Jarmo.Is.God
April 10, 2021, 9:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I would say the most important thing for this club atm, isn't staying in the league
It's getting new owners IMO

I would rather start in non-league with these 2 guys, than league 2 with Fenty 100%

And just like that, I'm extremely optimistic about our club again!

Now Hurst can plan ahead, and hopefully be the leader for years to come, and help make this club, what we all hope it can be!

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 107
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter rumour re administration

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.