Rick12
April 17, 2021, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano

probably right, but he wasn't as unequivocal about payne as he was Morais. Sounds like it had been brewing for a period beforehand and last Saturday was a culmination. i wonder if Morais said summat completely unacceptable, which is why he is being treated as equally culpable
Either way this disappoints me a bit. Morais in one of the games I saw was the best player for Grimsby. Getting on a bit but still has quality and could do a job in non league to a very good degree if used as and when. Maybe Hurst because of his budget next year needs younger players who can play week in and week out and needs to trim the squad accordingly to that?.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 175
arryarryarry
April 18, 2021, 5:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Rick12
Either way this disappoints me a bit. Morais in one of the games I saw was the best player for Grimsby. Getting on a bit but still has quality and could do a job in non league to a very good degree if used as and when. Maybe Hurst because of his budget next year needs younger players who can play week in and week out and needs to trim the squad accordingly to that?.

Trouble is "one of the games" isn't good enough. How many games as he played the full 90 minutes in?

If we are to try and battle our way out of the National League we will need stronger and better players.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 175
TRFC ADI
April 18, 2021, 9:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
Hello. I never did really understand the transfer from Tranmere to Grimsby. It was really odd. Normally there is some kind of statement that says "We'd like to thank blah blah blah for his service, and wish him every success in the future". What we got instead was a terse "Stefan Payne has left the club and signed for Grimsby." And that was it. Bye bye Birkenhead.

We don't want him back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 175
arryarryarry
April 18, 2021, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from TRFC ADI
Hello. I never did really understand the transfer from Tranmere to Grimsby. It was really odd. Normally there is some kind of statement that says "We'd like to thank blah blah blah for his service, and wish him every success in the future". What we got instead was a terse "Stefan Payne has left the club and signed for Grimsby." And that was it. Bye bye Birkenhead.

We don't want him back.

Paul Hurst brought him to GTFC because he worked with him at Shrewsbury.

He managed to score one goal and create another with a short pass across the goal, other than that he hardly broke sweat and looked like he didn't give a toss.

He has been told he wont play again for us this season and I cannot believe Paul Hurst would sign him for next season even if we are in the hell hole that is the National League.
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 175
immariner
April 18, 2021, 11:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Morais is contracted for next season. Apologies if this has been stated but I've missed it if it has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 175
Nelly GTFC
July 4, 2021, 9:15pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,761
Gold Stars: 31
Don't know if many read the ex-player thread, but we will be up against him this season, he's joined Chesterfield.

[tweet]1411075796152762370[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 175
18 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goodbye Stefan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.