April 16, 2021, 8:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
"My brother Mattie is doing really well in his career"

Of course he is.

Dropped from the team (prior to his hernia) languishing at the bottom of the lowest League division.

Living the dream Mattie.......living the dream

Or....

At the age of 19 he has already made over 50 appearances in professional football for a L2 club. Scoring a few goals in the process.
Generally had decent reviews but (perhaps understandably) struggled a bit in a season were the team around him were pretty dreadful.

Considering less than 1% of wannabe footballers actually make it to the pro game. I'd say yeah he's doing well for someone of his age.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
LH
April 16, 2021, 8:29am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,599
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Poojah

A more contextual view below - definitely a bit of a post-meltdown Chernobyl vibe.

[img]https://ganninaway.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/sam_1305_converted.jpg[/img]

At least six of my former colleagues were zombies as far as I’m aware.

Fairly sure I saw one of the English clubs play a Europa League qualifier there on the telly.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
ska face
April 16, 2021, 9:34am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 852

Of course he is.

Dropped from the team (prior to his hernia) languishing at the bottom of the lowest League division.

Another fine contribution from the board’s resident mental health advocate. How did your footballing career turn out again?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
moosey_club
April 16, 2021, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,306
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ska face

He gave him a season at Billingham Synthonia, not a 3 year deal at Man Utd.

Good luck to the lad, sounds like he’s happy with his lot & he’ll be playing at Wembley this year. Hope we don’t sign him though - Bury and Hartlepool? Bloke’s a fúckin Jonah!

My dads mate Paul Wilkinson took me to..blah blah and blah....and then he recommended me to his mate Slade....

Not knocking it but just saying he has been fortunate with his dad and connections to get the chances whereas others in similar positions , maybe even better players have floundered as they couldnt get a foot in the door

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
mariner83
April 17, 2021, 8:08am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5

Of course he is.

Is that the same Mattie Pollock that's recently had surgery, or a different one?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pollocks

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.