8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
April 27, 2021, 9:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
The team kept battling even  though relegation has seemed inevitable for weeks.

Tonight we just couldn't hang on long enough with 10 men.

Very disappointing that we have returned to non league so soon after working so hard to get out of it.

I just want Fenty gone now and new owners who may be able to inject some investment and hope .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 79
TheultimateMariner
April 27, 2021, 9:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +429
Gold Stars: 5
Absolutely gutted. I’ve been a town fan since around 2003, and all I’ve seen is failure. I personally think Holloway is as much to blame for this relegation as Fenty, he set up a team that clearly weren’t good enough, and clearly didn’t care, as all he wanted was a Tidy profit from whatever fraudulent activity Alex May was part of at the time.

Saying that, I am extremely optimistic for the future, new owners who WILL have the club best interests at heart, I don’t expect them to throw money at us, but Jason Stockwood seems as though he knows a thing or two about business and keeping people happy.

We will be back fellow Mariners, hopefully at the first time of asking, Bristol Rovers did it, so why can’t we, we need to retain the 4 or 5 players who I personally think are good enough to wear the shirt and build from there. Also, there will be a few new away grounds to tick off the list, so that’s always something.

Keep strong everyone, we’ll be back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 79
Abdul19
April 27, 2021, 9:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 219
Gutting, but Fenty fucking off in a few weeks will cheer me up.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 79
grimps
April 27, 2021, 9:24pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from BenBB
Out of our misery and paired with a bittersweet 4-0 loss by Scunny. Just got to hope we come back better than ever and do a Lincoln with the new owners. UTM.

Going to miss having iFollow though, being in Scotland it's been great to watch all the games. Hopefully the club puts their own alternative service up next season. At least we'll be on BT sport.  

I’ve watched every game online this season 😥
I was wondering if non league games had a similar thing but I guess not 😫
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 79
moosey_club
April 27, 2021, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,301
Gold Stars: 227
I know there are a couple of people on here who have published books.......do yourselves a favour and catologue this season into a book....i have a working title for you..

"How to guarantee relegation , a Mariners tale"  

From the final whistle last season until the 96th min tonight the club has blundered its way to relegation.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 79
April 27, 2021, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from promotion plaice

Pretty much knew it was coming a while back but still gutted, gutted  

Wow soothsayer. Its hit me hard, thought we'd fight till the end.
Reply: 15 - 79
BenBB
April 27, 2021, 9:33pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from grimps

I’ve watched every game online this season 😥
I was wondering if non league games had a similar thing but I guess not 😫

Some other clubs have their own things from what I've heard. Like Dagenham who had their own amateur feed going. Bit of a licensing nightmare really though.

Nothing like iFollow though where even pre-covid as long as you had the technical do-dah you could watch all the games for a reasonable price in good quality (as they were streaming for ex-pats). It's a genuinely great service that's got me back into football again (for better or worse!)

I was rather hoping to go down to Carlisle for an away weekend seeing as it's only a few hours on the train (and rather cheap with an advance ticket + Premier Inn) and I've never visited the city other than outside the train station, but looks like that's out of the question now.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 79
male private Nale
April 27, 2021, 9:34pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Devastating as it is and it probably won’t hit home until fixtures are released. However the team hurst galvanised from one transfer window where he had to try to attract players to the bottom club in turmoil off the pitch should give us enough hope that we can be successful next season. This squad given a full season would not be relegated.  

Hopefully keep Hewitt, menayese , Clifton and coke( though I feel all will have league suitors) then it’s not such a big rebuild.

Hurst will never win over everyone but he has won over me, I never wanted him to come back but some of the fight and desire he has instilled in them convinced me he can mount a serious challenge next season with some clever additions.

With the backing of a new board this club will rise again  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 79
grimsby pete
April 27, 2021, 9:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
After 66 years of supporting town this is the lowest I have felt.

Only two men to blame Fent y and Hollowhead .

Hollowed left because Fenty agreed to sell his shares to him but when Fenty agreed a deal with honest men he ran away leaving us with the worse squad in our history.

We will be back stronger with a board that are real fans and with some proper players.

So goodbye Fent y and Co we will be so much better without you.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 79
arryarryarry
April 27, 2021, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Was confirmed when we lost at home to Stevenage

Not sure it was confirmed but certainly a good bet when we failed to beat Southend at home.

On the season as a whole John Fenty you are a girl private.

Ian Holloway, not sure if he was starting to have a breakdown listening to his ramblings after each game or was he here on the pretext of possibly make money on the back of Fenty's dealings with that criminal fraudster, I cannot think of any other reasons that the twit would move half-way up the country to an outpost like Grimsby.

As regards Paul Hurst, I cannot believe that Fenty, Day and the prospective new owners brought him in to get us set for a promotion winning season in the National League. If it was to keep us in the EFL then he has failed. Now some on here bleat about him making us hard to beat, yes we have had a couple of recent wins but too little too late.

This was a comment on the Barrow forum :-

Key at this stage of the season is not how many games you lose, it's all about how many you win. Unbeaten runs with a load of draws are useless. Barrow hardly draw a game but they win a decent share which is what you need.

Spot on comment for me especially now they have just gone to FGR and won.

When Paul Hurst arrived he said he had been following our results and watching the games so he must have known how crap some of the players were and he tried to change the whole team bringing in 11 new players but that failed.

Some say he has a great knowledge of players in the EFL and Non League but bringing in both Payne and LJL as the men to get us goals has also failed. His abject failure to get a team to beat the likes of Southend, Stevenage, Colchester, Walsall at home as well as a couple more teams on dreadful runs has done for us.

The simple facts are that despite being in charge for 4 more games than Holloway he has acheived less wins and only managed the same points.  

I appreciate he will be in charge for next season but unless we are near the top come Christmas he will have to go.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 79
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation confirmed    

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.